Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

6 new signings

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s either RW or CDK I would guess.  No chance we’d sign him and a rw. (unless it’s someone like diop who can do both) 

Have we had any decent rw shouts yet? 

It’s potentially both, but certainly a right winger I’ve heard.

• Like 1

Can't help but think that it's too much of an ask to bring in 6 new players, and ship out those which we need to, whilst maintaining a squad of 24 (which is BRs preferred number to work with)!

to get down to that 24 number, we'd have to ship out 9 players. Can't see that happening.

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Can't help but think that it's too much of an ask to bring in 6 new players, and ship out those which we need to, whilst maintaining a squad of 24 (which is BRs preferred number to work with)!

to get down to that 24 number, we'd have to ship out 9 players. Can't see that happening.

Youri and Cags want out. Fringe players probably being pushed out: Hamza, Perez, Vesty, Bertrand (although he might just be on the injured list next year), Soumare, Mendy (probably). Players that could be sold, just because they don't fit and could fill the war chest a bit: Nacho. Question mark: Armartey, Ward, Jacko. Thomas (maybe a loan?)

I could see nine leaving this summer, if only on loan. 

6 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Youri and Cags want out. Fringe players probably being pushed out: Hamza, Perez, Vesty, Bertrand (although he might just be on the injured list next year), Soumare, Mendy (probably). Players that could be sold, just because they don't fit and could fill the war chest a bit: Nacho. Question mark: Armartey, Ward, Jacko. Thomas (maybe a loan?)

I could see nine leaving this summer, if only on loan. 

Yes, I can see where you're coming from. The list is able to be complied, but the amount of work to get those players out the door is terrifying! We also have an earlier start to the season due to the WC to contend with.

Lets say we can lose Ward (replace with Iversen) Jakupovic, Cags, Hamza, Tielemans, Praet and Perez. That's 7.

Soumare out on Loan, 8.

I can't see Vestergaard, Bertrand Leaving.

I also don't think we'll get rid of Amartey or Mendy (I personally think they deserve to stay)

Assume Lookman will be signed.

Basically, its too much upheaval!

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes, I can see where you're coming from. The list is able to be complied, but the amount of work to get those players out the door is terrifying! We also have an earlier start to the season due to the WC to contend with.

Lets say we can lose Ward (replace with Iversen) Jakupovic, Cags, Hamza, Tielemans, Praet and Perez. That's 7.

Soumare out on Loan, 8.

I can't see Vestergaard, Bertrand Leaving.

I also don't think we'll get rid of Amartey or Mendy (I personally think they deserve to stay)

Assume Lookman will be signed.

Basically, its too much upheaval!

It's harder to the do the work when you are angling for a large fee: I expect deals for Youri, Cags, and (if it happens) will take time. I can't see Bertrand leaving, about I can see him being a ghost to some degree, and not really being "in the squad." Vesty depends upon what we tell him and if he gets it: If he is told he won't play, he will find himself another club in order to play in the World Cup. I don't expect Amartey to leave, but could see him leave if he sees his playing time limited and thinks he can get another multi-year contract somewhere else. Mendy is a real question mark: He is at that age where he will want a new contract this summer, quite possibly his last "big" deal. He has proven his value, but I certainly could see him wanting to leave because his time at the club has been erratic and if we are looking for new midfielders, his role might be limited.

I'd forgotten about Praet! He's certainly gone. And I don't know how to classify Lookman: If he signs, is he an incoming?

I agree somewhat on the upheaval aspect: But is it "too much"? Vesty, Bertrand, and Soumare are busts who weren't featured in the stretch of the season. Hamza has barely featured, and aside from a few outstanding late season cameos, Perez has been frozen out. Cags' (and Amartey's) appearances also dropped off once Fofana and Evans were both fit. The problem with the squad is that it has become too settled. A bit of upheaval, with people looking over their shoulders, is needed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Too much upheaval for me. You bring in that many players, you've got to have 2 of them by the start of July, at least. 

I am not sure of the "too much upheaval." If you look at the last two starting lineups of the season, who is going? Youri. Maybe Mendy, maybe Amartey. We will be getting N'didi back soon enough. The only person who needs to be "replaced" is Youri. Basically, the rest is trying to replace squad players (who probably aren't happy with their playing time) with guys fighting to be in the starting 11. 

Bring on the "just the right amount" of upheaval!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Too much upheaval for me. You bring in that many players, you've got to have 2 of them by the start of July, at least. 

Good thing we've got 3 weeks left to get deals done then :D

the more i think about it, and it hurts to say it…. i wouldn’t be against a big money sale of barnes if it meant we could actually bring in 6 20m players. 

youri, soyuncu and barnes out would probably give us enough cash for a proper rebuild. I think barnes is incredibly talented but i don’t think he’s irreplaceable. 

If we could get 50 odd mil for him and even pick up lookman for 15m we would have 35 added to the kitty and still have a decent left sided player.  Logically it works for me 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

1 Barnes or 1 Soumare, 1 vestergaard and 1 praet? 

Is that what you're saying?

1 barnes or lookman, diop and colwill 

i’d probably take it :dunno: obviously it all comes down to what we could get and who’s available to us. I just think he’s replaceable. 

If our scouting is really only allowing us to replace players with the players you mentioned, then we are going to be in big trouble down the line either way. 

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

1 barnes or lookman, diop and colwill 

i’d probably take it :dunno: obviously it all comes down to what we could get and who’s available to us. I just think he’s replaceable. 

If our scouting is really only allowing us to replace players with the players you mentioned, then we are going to be in big trouble down the line either way. 

The only recent purchases we've made that's worked out are fofana and Perez

And castange..

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

40 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The only recent purchases we've made that's worked out are fofana and Perez

But that’s the thing, if we can’t trust the club to buy well then we are just slowly heading towards relegation no? 

We have to be able to evolve, so for me we have to trust the process. 

I think soumare, daka,  praet and lookman were all on paper, good additions. There are many factors for why some transfers work out and some don’t.

If i was managing a squad overhaul, i’d be looking at who would bring in the big bucks so that we could do it properly with minimal damage to the first team. 

Fofana and Maddison would probable be the only 2 that i wouldn’t sell at any price. (without considering sentimentality)

16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

But that’s the thing, if we can’t trust the club to buy well then we are just slowly heading towards relegation no? 

We have to be able to evolve, so for me we have to trust the process. 

I think soumare, daka,  praet and lookman were all on paper, good additions. There are many factors for why some transfers work out and some don’t.

If i was managing a squad overhaul, i’d be looking at who would bring in the big bucks so that we could do it properly with minimal damage to the first team. 

Fofana and Maddison would probable be the only 2 that i wouldn’t sell at any price. (without considering sentimentality)

Vardy should not be sold. If necessary freeze him until the science necessary to reverse the aging process is available or cloning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1