Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

6 new signings

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think that with the background as it was last summer, Top felt he had made significant investment last June/July. 

What was it, £50m on transfers? I'm not entirely sure after wages and costs with income for sponsorships and TV money what is left over, but if it requires £50m investment from King Power for transfers then we are indeed at our level because I think you need double that to maintain European places, especially if you mess it up as we have done last summer

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Compared to what? This is what is important, not a figure, nor what Top may feel is significant 

Compared to previous summers our net spend was high, first time in years we hadn’t sold a high value asset too. Think it’s fair to say we did go for it last summer, it just went pretty badly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Compared to previous summers our net spend was high, first time in years we hadn’t sold a high value asset too. Think it’s fair to say we did go for it last summer, it just went pretty badly. 

But that’s irrelevant, we are never competing against ourselves. If spent comparatively with our competitors, then fair enough.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If you have ambitions of Europe is it really plausible for a club to be self sustaining when you're leicester city?

I firmly believe this attitude cost us not 1 but 2 champions league places which had we made it, we would be in a lot better position now.

You cannot keep finding, buying and selling a mahrez or maguire to fund new spending unless you have a massive scouting network which I doubt we have, you're always going to buy duds which will swallow the profits made by sellinga star asset, this is why I was a Rodgers out because I'm not sure if ge is a manager to work on a budget. 

I read on here Top expects better than this season nut I think unless he invests some serious money in the squad, 8th might be a decent finish in the future.

Our strategy is to identify young, raw talent and develop the squad, supported by one or two older heads who are past their peak. The sale of one of the Crown Jewels every 1-2 yrs and reinvestment is also a key element.

The Club is playing a long-term strategy improving the infrastructure and hopefully the new stadium / surrounding development will help grow revenues which can also be reinvested.

because of the focus on youth there will always be peaks and dips in our performances, however, fifth, fifth and eighth historically ain’t a bad result for us.

Brendan is seen as a developing coach which is why he was targeted. Whether he is here longer term I think depends on how well we buy this summer and if we are competing for Europe (top 7). If we are way off it after 10-15 games then Top maybe calls time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Our strategy is to identify young, raw talent and develop the squad, supported by one or two older heads who are past their peak. The sale of one of the Crown Jewels every 1-2 yrs and reinvestment is also a key element.

The Club is playing a long-term strategy improving the infrastructure and hopefully the new stadium / surrounding development will help grow revenues which can also be reinvested.

because of the focus on youth there will always be peaks and dips in our performances, however, fifth, fifth and eighth historically ain’t a bad result for us.

Brendan is seen as a developing coach which is why he was targeted. Whether he is here longer term I think depends on how well we buy this summer and if we are competing for Europe (top 7). If we are way off it after 10-15 games then Top maybe calls time.

That is the strategy of all clubs, to buy young prospects and develop them into superstars however to attract the best prospects you need some pulling power.

Whilst our training ground showed ambition, our stadium development doesn't imo, as with our managers comments coupled with investment in the transfer market.

As for youth, if we don't give players like Nelson opportunities which we could have last season, they'll just not want to remain at the club, Rodgers could have given more game time to our young prospects imo.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But that’s irrelevant, we are never competing against ourselves. If spent comparatively with our competitors, then fair enough.

Nothing to do with competing, but comparatively to other of our transfer windows, you could argue that we invested more, and were a bit riskier. The original comment was to do with comparison of other transfer windows.

On 18/05/2022 at 09:25, Shane said:

So Percy has said we want 6 new signings, with the key positions being CB, creative midfielder and RW.

This has me very worried about the summer ahead, as it’s quite rare for a club to get transfers spot on 6 times in one window. We could be in for some duds.

Brendan said last summer KDH was like a new signing so maybe ‘new signings’ will include some of our loanees like Iversen? Who knows.

Anyway, list below which 6 players you’d like to bring in.

Some duds you say?  Be lucky if it’s 50/50. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

19= Bournemouth. Maxim Demin family - £3m

19= Brentford. Matthew Benham - £3m

that cant possibly be right can it?... one bad buy and theyre gone... in fact most of their players are wealthier than the owners lol

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Media Hype at it's best and people will bet on anything.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-mcginn-7163471

Leicester City tipped to seal 14 transfers including shock Arsenal and Leeds United deals
Latest Leicester City transfer news as speculation involving new arrivals at the King Power Stadium in the summer

COMMENTS
ByJosh Holland
18:12, 3 JUN 2022

The upcoming summer transfer window has potential to be one of the busiest in Leicester City history as Brendan Rodgers eyes a refresh of his squad that finished 8th last season.

Player contracts expire on June 30 and the window officially opens on Friday, June 10. Clubs have already kick-started their preparations for next season, with Rodgers admitting his desire for a 'healthy shake-up' of his Foxes side this summer, with 'five or six' potential new faces in the King Power Stadium dressing room.

City have already been linked with a host of attackers such as Charles De Ketelaere and Christian Eriksen, with Arsenal's William Saliba also linked as Jon Rudkin and Rodgers prioritise a central defender, attacking midfielder and a right winger.

Maxwel Cornet - 6/1

One winger who has been linked with a move to City, Cornet looks almost certain to leave Burnley after their relegation and £65m loan repayment. The Ivory Coast forward netted twice at the King Power in September.

The Foxes are fourth favourites to land Cornet at 6/1, behind Newcastle (6/2), Everton (9/2) and West Ham (7/2).

Ryan Kent - 7/1

Kent's continuous good form for Rangers in Scotland has saw him attract interest from the Premier League.

City appear second in the odds at 7/1, behind Wolves at 6/1.

Harry Winks - 10/1

Winks has continued to struggle for first team minutes under Antonio Conte just like he did under Jose Mourinho and Nuno Espirito Santo. A move away from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium looks likely, with reports suggesting that £25m is Spurs' asking price.

City are priced at 10/1, alongside Fulham, Everton and Crystal Palace, with Newcastle favourites at 7/2.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 12/1

Previously, the Liverpool midfielder was 8/1 odds to join the Foxes. However, the bookmakers now have the English midfielder at 12/1 to make the switch from Merseyside to the East Midlands.

The Reds man has struggled for game time under Jurgen Klopp recently and looks set for a move away this summer. Aston Villa and Manchester United are the favourites at 3/1, with West Ham (5/1) and Southampton (10/1) behind them.

John McGinn - 12/1

A surprise name on this list is Aston Villa midfielder John McGinn. With Youri Tielemans' departure at the club edging closer, a replacement will be required this summer.

The Foxes are backed at 12/1 to sign the Scotland international, behind Borussia Dortmund (10/1), Manchester United (7/1), Arsenal (7/1) and Spurs (5/1).

Isco - 12/1

Real Madrid confirmed Isco's departure after the Champions League success against Liverpool last weekend. The 30-year-old spent nine years at the Spanish giants but will now seek a new challenge elsewhere.

Despite not being linked with a move to the club, the bookmakers do have the club amongst their odds to sign the playmaker. City, alongside Lazio and Inter Milan, are priced at 12/1, behind Villarreal (10/1), Spurs (8/1), Sevilla (4/1), Roma (5/2) and Real Betis (2/1).

Jack Harrison - 14/1

After keeping Leeds United in the top flight on the final day, former Manchester City winger Harrison could be on his way out of Elland Road, despite no rumours linking him with a move away.

Leicester are third favourites to sign the wide man at 14/1, behind Everton (12/1) and Newcastle (4/1).

Nicolas Pepe- 16/1

A surprising one here, but another Ivory Coast international who is Arsenal's Pepe. The Gunners winger hasn't hit the heights expected when he joined for £72m.

Leicester are fourth favourites to sign him at 16/1, with PSG favourites at 11/4.

Ollie Watkins - 16/1

With Aston Villa the most impressive team so far this summer in regards of transfers, Ollie Watkins has been linked with a move away from Villa Park.

The English striker is 16/1 to sign for Leicester, with Arsenal and Newcastle backed at 10/1 and West Ham the favourite at 9/2.

Takumi Minamino- 16/1

A versatile player, Minamino's time as a squad player at Liverpool could come to an end this summer. While there have been no links to Leicester, they appear at 16/1 to land the Japanese attacker. Leeds are clear favourites at 2/1, with Lazio (6/1) and Lyon (8/1) behind.

Jesse Lingard - 18/1

Another attacking midfielder linked with a move to Leicester is former loanee Jesse Lingard. The Englishman had his departure from Manchester United confirmed earlier this week and there are plenty of clubs credited with an interest.

Unsurprisingly, West Ham are favourites at 6/5, with City backed at 18/1, behind Aston Villa (16/1), AC Milan (12/1), Roma (5/1), Juventus (4/1) and Newcastle (7/2).

Ivan Toney - 20/1

The Foxes are sixth favourites to price Toney away from Brentford after a stellar maiden season in the Premier League, despite not desperately needing a striker with Jamie Vardy, Kelechi Iheanacho and Patson Daka in their squad.

They are priced at 20/1, behind Liverpool, Manchester United, West Ham, Arsenal and Newcastle.

James Tarkowski - 20/1

Tarkowski has previously been linked with a move for the Burnley defender and with the position being a priority, they could swoop in for the centre-back after the Clarets were relegated from the Premier League.

Rodgers' side are fifth favourites at 20/1, with Everton clear favourites at evens.

Christian Eriksen - 22/1

City have been linked with Eriksen since impressing with Brentford, with the former Spurs man only signing a six-month deal with the Bees in January. The Danish international has been offered a long-term contract at the West London club, but the player is keen to play in the Champions League.

According to the bookmakers, Tottenham top the list as 6/4 favourites, with him remaining at the Brentford Community Stadium backed at 2/1. Big-spenders Newcastle United sit at 3/1, with Manchester United at 5/1.

Fed up with these Derby University journalists spouting nonsense on Twitter and other social media platforms. None are ITK in the slightest and write poor articles, like this one. He has just assembled a bunch of mediocre PL players (which clearly doesn’t fit our model) and claimed that we are likely to sign them. It really is rubbish, click bait journalism.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Fed up with these Derby University journalists spouting nonsense on Twitter and other social media platforms. None are ITK in the slightest and write poor articles, like this one. He has just assembled a bunch of mediocre PL players (which clearly doesn’t fit our model) and claimed that we are likely to sign them. It really is rubbish, click bait journalism.

He's taken them from betting sites I would presume so they are there because either the betting companies want to entice people to gamble or people have already lad bets on them hence the odds listed.

54 minutes ago, davieG said:

He's taken them from betting sites I would presume so they are there because either the betting companies want to entice people to gamble or people have already lad bets on them hence the odds listed.

I am aware. But, it’s clearly not a good way to measure how likely a player is to sign, especially with PL players. I mean, it’s hardly groundbreaking information for players from relegated teams to be linked with top half sides.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I am aware. But, it’s clearly not a good way to measure how likely a player is to sign, especially with PL players. I mean, it’s hardly groundbreaking information for players from relegated teams to be linked with top half sides.

Aye as I suggested when posted it. It’s complete rubbish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

Nothing to do with competing, but comparatively to other of our transfer windows, you could argue that we invested more, and were a bit riskier. The original comment was to do with comparison of other transfer windows.

Gone off half cocked again, my bad! Yes, was a shock last season to spend so much without a sale.

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

One of the things that interests me is how much access to King Power finances Top has. 

After Vichai died the club was obviously handed to Top but I wonder how much of King Power was because we've gone from a club with huge financial clout to a club that seems to be struggling with finance.

Is all this talk about lack of access to finances due to Covid and tge plans with the stadium perhaps?

....we channelled league place money into the training ground!!!

If we are pushing the stadium uplift back, we may just use some of the loan already in place, to boost our spend this summer. When it comes down to it, we are hampered in the short term by resolving our infrastructure situation.

CDK, Sangare, diop, colwill/ Saliba , pope and Aour…. If these were the 6 we are going to win the league again.

if we could get 6 quality players like that and only lose youri, kasper and fringe players, we will have drastically improved our club.  

The only problem is there are about 5 20m signings and probably a  30 for CDK so my math isn’t adding up.

But hey, we can dream until reality hits and we sign 3 promising players and 3 free agents similar to the bertrand ones. 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

CDK, Sangare, diop, colwill/ Saliba , pope and Aour…. If these were the 6 we are going to win the league again.

if we could get 6 quality players like that and only lose youri, kasper and fringe players, we will have drastically improved our club.  

The only problem is there are about 5 20m signings and probably a  30 for CDK so my math isn’t adding up.

But hey, we can dream until reality hits and we sign 3 promising players and 3 free agents similar to the bertrand ones. 

No RW but we'll win the league? 

4 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’d take bale on a year contract for 200k a week (in addition to another winger in our mould of buying with sell on value)…

Bale might be interested in 10% of the club and a seat on the board. Absolutely no question of Rodgers telling him what to do of course.

39 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’d take bale on a year contract for 200k a week (in addition to another winger in our mould of buying with sell on value)…

He wouldn't though. He'll want a minimum of 2 or 3 years anywhere

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No RW but we'll win the league? 

It’s either RW or CDK I would guess.  No chance we’d sign him and a rw. (unless it’s someone like diop who can do both) 

Have we had any decent rw shouts yet? 

50 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s either RW or CDK I would guess.  No chance we’d sign him and a rw. (unless it’s someone like diop who can do both) 

Have we had any decent rw shouts yet? 

..lots of suggestions but no bona-fide reports tying us to genuine candidates!!!

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..lots of suggestions but no bona-fide reports tying us to genuine candidates!!!

I really think we will be going for an inside forward rather than an out and out rw. 

Im not convinced Brendan wants someone as aggressive as Barnes on the other flank.  

I think a lot can be made on how brendan wants to move forward, based on the type of right sided player we sign. 

fwiw I’m probably still on the madueke train 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1