Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

6 new signings

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No but its pretty obvious he's said something that wasn't aligned with the board. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened either....

Our our business has yet gone as planned, maybe we expected to have a few out early on? 

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The reaction to Brendan's remarks during an interview on LCFC TV of all things is amusing!

What exactly is he supposed to say? Attack the board? 

He did so at Liverpool and Celtic regularly, I do wonder if we're in that territory here soon.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

True, but as a manager you alway want more.

Maybe they expected to get in 50m for Soy and Youri?

I think just they most definitely expected it. The truth is though we need to raise significant finances, I think we need to cash in on Ndidi, Fofana or Maddison I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I think just they most definitely expected it. The truth is though we need to raise significant finances, I think we need to cash in on Ndidi, Fofana or Maddison I'm afraid.

Not happening this summer, can see one of Ndidi or Maddison next season. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Not happening this summer, can see one of Ndidi or Maddison next season. 

Yes I don't think it will be this summer but how on earth we fund next summers proper rebuild is going to be a challenge. Not cashing in on a player for best part of 3 years come next summer will have taken its toll, especially losing £90m+ worth if talent in Tielemans and Soyuncu on the cheap. We're on the slide if we aren't careful.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yes I don't think it will be this summer but how on earth we fund next summers proper rebuild is going to be a challenge. Not cashing in on a player for best part of 3 years come next summer will have taken its toll, especially losing £90m+ worth if talent in Tielemans and Soyuncu on the cheap. We're on the slide if we aren't careful.

Can't understand why we didn't sell Soy and Youri last summer once it was clear they had no intention of signing new contracts. 

• Like 2

Has Top said no to Brendan and his obsession with a “rebuild”? It’s a squad that’s been inside the top 4 longer than it’s been out of it over 3 seasons, not sure anything onfield needs rebuilding. Tweaking, maybe. Off of the pitch is our issue. FO Brendan and take to your Southampton defenders with you.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Saying I need two midfielders wasn't for one. Particularly as many at the club think soumare is decent.

Saying we needed two midfielders was a rebellion with Youri, Hamza, and Mendy most likely out the door, before even considering Soumare?

I very much doubt that "many" at the club clutched their pearls or stamped their feet when he said that.

In any event, I was speaking specifically about his post-match interview today, which has caused a small furor for some reason.

Becoming glaringly obvious that we are suffering from bloating the squad for Europe. Unfortunately the recruits were pretty average and with no European football and the salaries involved we are up the creek without a paddle. Brendan should have kept his gob well and truly shut.

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I am Brendan out but the squad does need transfers coming in if we want to challenge for too 4.

We need more than a few players in an out to challenge the top four we need a club transplant…… 

13 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Becoming glaringly obvious that we are suffering from bloating the squad for Europe. Unfortunately the recruits were pretty average and with no European football and the salaries involved we are up the creek without a paddle. Brendan should have kept his gob well and truly shut.

He’s done it to clearly save his ass. As soon as he feels the heat he goes on the self defence and picks holes in his clubs strategy. If he gets sacked and the media will turn on us again as per usual “what do they expect” and “Rodgers is the best they’ve ever had” and the usual shite. I think he’s just put the lifeboat on standby ready to jump into if things go arse over tit.

• Like 2

So it’s gone from rebuild to reconnect, what is there to reconnect, blaming Covid on a bang average 21/22 season is bizarre.

The thing is though, a rebuild will be needed at some point, whether it does come this summer, next summer or a mixture of both. We have double figures worth of players in the last year of their contracts, of those ten players, you thoroughly expect only two of them will sign new deals in Evans & Vardy.

This summer looks a case of needing to sell to buy, if we can’t shift a good majority of those in the last year of their contracts, what the hell are we going to do next summer, if a large chunk of those players end up leaving on a free instead 🤔

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Can't understand why we didn't sell Soy and Youri last summer once it was clear they had no intention of signing new contracts. 

Probably because we had only just missed out on the top 4 on the last day, the aim

was to keep everyone and improve whilst selling two of your best players would have given you less chance of repeating.

In the end we didn’t get near it anyway so In hindsight yeah it would have been much better to have sold them then.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we already are on the slide, I don’t trust Brendan to stop it either.

• Like 1