Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

6 new signings

I’m not that bothered to be honest. We have a decent squad for a mid table finish. A few teams are spending their way above us but we don’t have Europe to deal with. Think we will be fine if luckier with injuries 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I’m not that bothered to be honest. We have a decent squad for a mid table finish. A few teams are spending their way above us but we don’t have Europe to deal with. Think we will be fine if luckier with injuries 

Wow is that the ambition now? To finish mid table lol 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Ambition no. Reality of finances yes. I’d love us to challenge for the league but we won’t will we? We can’t spend like Man City Liverpool Chelsea arsenal spurs Newcastle and probably villa now. So mid table is probably where we can get to unless something changes 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I think everyone would like to think we can finish top 6 - that's ambition, but some people are also realists and mid-table is looking ever more likely - considering the 'actual' top 6 seem to be improving since we won the league, spending more, etc. then add in the likes of newcastle, villa, etc. who are spending and it doesn't take long before you're looking at 8-12 - i.e. mid-table. 

it's fine lines and currently there are other teams who seem to be equipping themselves better to end up on the right side of that fine line than us.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I have decided those folks praising our "golden generation" are right: All our transfers will be from the U23s and we are gonna win the league with Alves, Nelson and Braybooke! :scarf:

I am confident a lot of our current crop are good enough to progress here. 

It will be a gradual process though. Maybe 2 this season (Iversen & Brunt?), 2 next season (Braybrooke & Alves?) and so on. 

32 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I think everyone would like to think we can finish top 6 - that's ambition, but some people are also realists and mid-table is looking ever more likely - considering the 'actual' top 6 seem to be improving since we won the league, spending more, etc. then add in the likes of newcastle, villa, etc. who are spending and it doesn't take long before you're looking at 8-12 - i.e. mid-table. 

it's fine lines and currently there are other teams who seem to be equipping themselves better to end up on the right side of that fine line than us.

We should finish no lower than 8th, we managed this last season with a load of injuries. Our squad is very good when the  main players are fit. Playing once a week with more time working on things at the training ground I am hoping for a improvement on last year. 

really struggling to get excited about this season. 

Don’t back the manager. 

Struggling to get business done quickly so new signings have time to adjust 

largest pile of deadwood in sometime and no real signs of getting it out the door for fair fees, which will likely lead to us letting go of some promising talent (hirst, iversen, wright) 

No scout director at the club 

Same defensive coach 

Other teams doing good, sensible business particularly the ones you’d expect to be in danger. 

and finally, our lord and saviour is one year older, it could always be that one season too many for him. and of course the same could be said for johnny. 

I hope this is all part of the plan and things will come together but yet again, we are currently one or two injuries away from a disaster. 

i’ve said it before but there will be a season that our old heroes can’t save us… this is such an important month for us. 

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, tetly said:

We should finish no lower than 8th, we managed this last season with a load of injuries. Our squad is very good when the  main players are fit. Playing once a week with more time working on things at the training ground I am hoping for a improvement on last year. 

Stop talking sense please. This is FT.  People like you need banning:ph34r:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Close the thread, the rebuild was never actually a physical one but a metaphorical one, obviously.

It was an out of body experience, a metaphysical one beyond time and space 

• Haha 1

So anyone seen Brendan’s post match Boris impersonation 😂

So either the rebuild was never happening (to deflect from him) or Top etc. have had words and said something along the lines of “you work with what you’ve got, you’re coach, so do your job”. 
Or last but not least, he was expecting players to leave sooner yet it hasn’t happened 

• Like 2

We are notorious for pushing the best price for our players and have proven  well hold on to them if we don’t get the deals we want. This has the potential to backfire on this occasion as it’s looking very likely no one will be coming in unless others have left… doesn’t mean we don’t have money available but it’s business sense that there’s no point enlarging your squad when some of the other won’t play. king power is a business first and foremost and they run the business side of things well even as it seems, on this occasion, it could be to the detriment of the playing side.

8 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

The reaction to Brendan's remarks during an interview on LCFC TV of all things is amusing!

What exactly is he supposed to say? Attack the board? 

No but its pretty obvious he's said something that wasn't aligned with the board. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened either....

• Like 3