Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

Covid Roll Call

Covid Roll Call  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had Covid-19?

• Tested Positive
    • Not had it yet
    • Never tested positive, but think I’ve had it

1 minute ago, ThurmastonFox said:

So after testing positive on Sunday, I’ve had the temperature, cough and sneezes. But the one that’s really bothering me is the lack of taste and smell. How quickly can or did this come back for others?

Mine came back after 2-3 days.

it’s bloody everywhere at the moment, so many people I know have got it, most for the first time.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FT Goober said:

it’s bloody everywhere at the moment, so many people I know have got it, most for the first time.

Yeah we’re both first timers. Managed to be lucky for the last two and a half years I guess. Part of me wonders of they left the gap to jab 4 too long 

6 minutes ago, Soup said:

My faith in the American people has been restored.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/09/18/kids-coronavirus-vaccine/

...the same American people who tolerate laws that make it relatively easy for a person to walk into a school where those selfsame kids who didn't get the Covid jabs are studying with a firearm and open fire?

Not sure that's an ideal role model tbh.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...the same American people who tolerate laws that make it relatively easy for a person to walk into a school where those selfsame kids who didn't get the Covid jabs are studying with a firearm and open fire?

Not sure that's an ideal role model tbh.

Well obviously I'm not writing off all their wrongs but seriously even you must see that the parents of America children have made the right decision here.

15 minutes ago, Soup said:

Well obviously I'm not writing off all their wrongs but seriously even you must see that the parents of America children have made the right decision here.

No, I think they've made the wrong choice, based on fear, and choosing incorrectly that a human entity is in fact a bigger threat than nature when the empirical evidence shows clearly otherwise in this case.

Of course, for the record, it's their choice to make and they shouldn't face governmental consequences for it. I cannot, however, speak for private organisations.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

No, I think they've made the wrong choice, based on fear, and choosing incorrectly that a human entity is in fact a bigger threat than nature when the empirical evidence shows clearly otherwise in this case.

Of course, for the record, it's their choice to make and they shouldn't face governmental consequences for it. I cannot, however, speak for private organisations.

Pointless carrying on this discussion. Have a nice weekend 

I really don’t care what anyone says, science or otherwise. It comes down to trust, and I simply don’t have enough to have a vaccine mRNA injected into my body that was developed in less than a year, has never been used in a mass vaccination program in humans and has caused injuries and deaths. Add to that no one knows what if any long term health effects they may have. Why anyone would inflict a covid jab on their children who are at vanishingly small risk of becoming seriously ill. beggars belief imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Soup said:

Pointless carrying on this discussion. Have a nice weekend 

We do agree there. Enjoy your weekend, too.

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I really don’t care what anyone says, science or otherwise. It comes down to trust, and I simply don’t have enough to have a vaccine mRNA injected into my body that was developed in less than a year, has never been used in a mass vaccination program in humans and has caused injuries and deaths. Add to that no one knows what if any long term health effects they may have. Why anyone would inflict a covid jab on their children who are at vanishingly small risk of becoming seriously ill. beggars belief imo.

I understand this outlook - it's very human.

Unfortunately, the natural world doesn't tend to be very forgiving of such outlooks.

• Like 2

On 22/09/2022 at 08:17, FT Goober said:

Same here lost mine for two or three days right at then end. 

Had it a few weeks ago, one rough night’s sleep but other than that just felt like I had a cold. 

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Hello ……….

53 minutes ago, Line-X said:

If ever a single sentence could better capture the populist age that we now live in. 

Hmmm...I get the sentiment, but I'm not entirely sure it's 100% accurate.

Those who say stuff like this now would, in the past, simply quote their faith-based beliefs as a reason to disregard scientific information instead. The overall mindset behind it has been with us for a long time.

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Hmmm...I get the sentiment, but I'm not entirely sure it's 100% accurate.

Those who say stuff like this now would, in the past, simply quote their faith-based beliefs as a reason to disregard scientific information instead. The overall mindset behind it has been with us for a long time.

Absolutely - it's nothing new, but my comment didn't suggest otherwise. Merely I was inferring that it encapsulated our populist age in the sense that it is perpetuated and more obtrusive due to the advent of the internet. 

As I've mentioned on several occasions, in 1995 Carl Sagan published a remarkably sagacious and prescient book called 'The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark' - well worth obtaining a copy if you haven't already read it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

was the jab the reason for them nearly dying or just completely unnecessary and ineffectual ??

presumably your view sits somewhere between these stools ? 

You asked a question, I responded. It really is that simple.

Are you trying to bait me to express unfavorable opinions on the vaccine, and why do you presume to believe my views 'sit between those stools'. Seems a desperate attempt to detract the essence of fact.

12 minutes ago, somebum said:

You asked a question, I responded. It really is that simple.

Are you trying to bait me to express unfavorable opinions on the vaccine, and why do you presume to believe my views 'sit between those stools'. Seems a desperate attempt to detract the essence of fact.

sorry - just wondered .  genuinely interested. People build their opinions via experiences 

I presented the wide envelope that exists and expected you to be somewhere within that - it wasn’t a ‘trap’

Anyway, we all move on …..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

The covid vaccine enthusiasts will never concede they have harmed and killed people. 

Do let the world know when such harm can be conclusively proven to reach even a fraction of the six and half million people killed and countless people harmed by the disease itself, ne?

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 3