Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

Covid Roll Call

Covid Roll Call  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had Covid-19?

• Tested Positive
    • Not had it yet
    • Never tested positive, but think I’ve had it

21 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Never tested positive and pretty sure I've not had it yet. I'm almost 60 and have a heart issue so reckon I'd have noticed.

Daughter tested positive the day for Delta (?) after she'd been round at mine (caught off friends) and I'd given her a hug on leaving but I didn't catch it.

A medical type might be able to confirm/deny but I wonder if different people are more or less vulnerable to infections of different kinds?

I say that as I've never had flu either, yet I get a filthy chest infection most winters that sometimes takes a couple of months to fully clear.

I'll catch Covid tomorrow now, won't I? :D

This would be interesting to know, everyone in our house has had except one of my lads, who has been with friends at school who have had it and been numerous places where other people have had it but he remains unscathed. He used to suffer really bad with tonsillitis however now he sometimes gets the start of the symptoms but it just develops into a really bad cold.

Me and my wife haven’t caught it yet my daughter has had it twice my oldest had it once and my youngest now tested positive today for the second time 🤦‍♂️ Doubt we will be so lucky this time 

On 24/05/2022 at 10:15, Parafox said:

Despite working closely among those who very likely had it in the early days of the outbreak, I haven't had it.

Same here.

Had worked on Covid wards at the LRI from April - September 2021 regularly and then occasionally afterwards up until a few months ago - but never had it and always tested negative.

Know a few staff who have been off with Long Covid from 6 months onwards.

Edited by Wymsey

Just to point out to the people saying they never had it, unless you were testing constantly you probably had it asymptotically. Especially omicron is so contagious it would be a miracle to have never had it. 

Personally I’ve had it twice:

- once at the start

- again about 7-8 weeks ago 

Was in bed for a out 3-4 days both time and felt tired afterwards for about 2 weeks

Since others are commenting, being double jabbed made no difference to me or my wife, I felt the same with omicron as it did at the start (wife was much worse second time), the worst I’ve felt is after my second jab which was worse than either bout of covid, I was ill for about 6 weeks. 

9 minutes ago, danny. said:

Just to point out to the people saying they never had it, unless you were testing constantly you probably had it asymptotically. Especially omicron is so contagious it would be a miracle to have never had it. 

I had to test regularly for work and was always negative. 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We used to do tested twice daily, where I work at Leicester Hospitals Trust, but haven't done it at all since the beginning of the year.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Was? Do you still do this? I’m sure some people will just never get it, but many will and will never know they have had it 

19 minutes ago, danny. said:

Was? Do you still do this? I’m sure some people will just never get it, but many will and will never know they have had it 

I don't test as regularly any more. No need to. 

But while there were restrictions or lockdown, and we needed to go out, I'd have to test. Pretty much once every few days. 

I've also tested while family members have had it (on more than one occasion). And tested negative while they had it. 

3 from 4 of my kids families all have had it.but no Danger list...All vaccinated & boosted

One Daughter & hubby in Switzerland  ok..no hints.

My Wife no symptons,no hints

Myself belonging to the vulnerable groups...3 times in Hospitals, xmal in therapie ,besides a 4 week bronchitis run, no symptons,no hit..

I still find it Strange how it just walks into peoples families, and walks around others..

• 5 weeks later...

Apparently it's getting worse quite quickly in Leicester.

What's annoying is kindly asking relatives, who come onto the ward without one, to wear one whilst on the ward; but yet fail to wear them and take them off shortly afterwards around vulnerable patients.