Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

All l keep hearing is, ‘These games are coming at the end of a long hard season’…………and ‘England have a great chance at the WC as it won’t be at the end of a long hard season’. 
How are we so vastly different to any other major European country after their long hard seasons ? 

The 2026 World Cup will start on 8th June. We'd better stay at home then after "a long hard season". 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’re the type of person that begs for a final ticket then gets angry at the asking price being £3k

My ticket for last years final was €80. Because I put the hard yards in watching the shite prior (even if I did go, check in, then leave)

I really wouldn't be arsed to try and get tickets to an England final (football at that level priced me out many moons ago). I literally don't care about international football, I feel no affiliation to the England team. Sure, I'll watch the World Cup and Euros because its a spectacle, there's a lot at stake, there is something for teams to genuinely get motivated for, I get to watch different teams and different players from different leagues and if England play well, it raises a smile, perhaps some very faint slither of pride, if we won I'd be delighted for the genuine fans of the England Football team, rather than delighted with the win. I'm just not that interested! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

The 2026 World Cup will start on 8th June. We'd better stay at home then after "a long hard season". 

It's the usual excuse making for England being shit. Just like the "it's too hot to play our usual game in these conditions" that's been wheeled out for years. Jemaine Jenas used that one last summer - when we were playing in England! We're not even naturally adapted to play in our country apparently, poor delicate lambs, it's not that they're just shit and putting in a low effort performanc, honest.

• Like 1

England now have a generation of players that should be the envy of the world.

Seriously. 

I thought Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes was as good as it would ever get.

The problem is the manager. 

This group is exceptionally talented, all over the pitch. 

You know what, I'm not even bothered he doesn't pick Maddison. I don't want any of our players near him.

But come on.

A man in the street can see that we've got players to play beautiful attacking football.

Southgate: I think we'll play 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders :blink:

32 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

England now have a generation of players that should be the envy of the world.

Seriously. 

I thought Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes was as good as it would ever get.

The problem is the manager. 

This group is exceptionally talented, all over the pitch. 

You know what, I'm not even bothered he doesn't pick Maddison. I don't want any of our players near him.

But come on.

A man in the street can see that we've got players to play beautiful attacking football.

Southgate: I think we'll play 5 at the back and 2 holding midfielders :blink:

I think Southgate is a garbage manager but I don't agree with this statement either. I don't believe we have one world class player and I feel like I'd be hard pressed to pick any that will be in 5 years without a doubt. Foden under the tutelage of Pep maybe but other than that I think the majority are vastly overrated. Equally I might just be a miserable bastard lol

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

I think Southgate is a garbage manager but I don't agree with this statement either. I don't believe we have one world class player and I feel like I'd be hard pressed to pick any that will be in 5 years without a doubt. Foden under the tutelage of Pep maybe but other than that I think the majority are vastly overrated. Equally I might just be a miserable bustard lol

OK, you're probably right, but tell me another nation who wouldn't use Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Kane and Saka to their advantage? 

Southgate would prefer to play his game around Harry Maguire and Kalvin Phillips :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

OK, you're probably right, but tell me another nation who wouldn't use Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Kane and Saka to their advantage? 

Southgate would prefer to play his game around Harry Maguire and Kalvin Phillips :blink:

Oh yeah absolutely he should be doing a thousand times better with them. 

I wasn't aiming at you really anyway. I saw on post on Facebook saying that Southgate is wasting the 'greatest crop of players England have ever produced ' and it genuinely had me stunned that anybody can believe that to be true. Gazza would still walk into this side now and he's been on the sauce for the last 30 years

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah absolutely he should be doing a thousand times better with them. 

I wasn't aiming at you really anyway. I saw on post on Facebook saying that Southgate is wasting the 'greatest crop of players England have ever produced ' and it genuinely had me stunned that anybody can believe that to be true. Gazza would still walk into this side now and he's been on the sauce for the last 30 years

I've been to the pub tonight.

I'm sat in front of the TV watching "Premier League Icons"

It's Ruud van Nistelrooy.

He was good, but Sky seem to be missing that midfield behind him was incredible. 

Where am I going with this?

That England midfield could be better if the manager wasn't such a negative c*** lol

2 hours ago, Corky said:

We've had it with Rodgers too as we know.

No manager should ever have a free pass. It is a shocking result.

Correct. I see parallels in the situation. Though I rate Rodgers quite a lot higher than I do Southgate.

The number of the media who were acting as if it was some sort of sacrilege to question him. It's frankly snobbery. We produce our worst home loss in nearly a century and the fans are the problem? It's all too pally. Too nice. No accountability. But nobody should be surprised. They were giving out OBEs and acting like we won the tournament a year ago despite losing a final at home following the kindest run you will ever see anybody have to it.

England will not be a top tier nation for a long time. You can have all the coaching, the facilities, the players but if you're going to celebrate being runners up then you're going nowhere. Like I said, just imagine Brazil having a result like that, it would be pandemonium.

• Like 1

Team lacks core character, I think we've built the team around characters but they're individual. The constant chopping and changing doesn't help, you've got to nail down your starters in a system, playing a way which compliments them, then you sprinkle star dust on the top. What I'm saying is we're all icing &  sprinkles but no cake.

16 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Team lacks core character, I think we've built the team around characters but they're individual. The constant chopping and changing doesn't help, you've got to nail down your starters in a system, playing a way which compliments them, then you sprinkle star dust on the top. What I'm saying is we're all icing &  sprinkles but no cake.

I think he's got his core players.

They're the wrong one's and his football philosophy is turgid.

I'd rather have Puel in charge, and that's saying something. 

This generation of talented players will rot.

• Like 1

I'm not saying anyone on here is saying it, but some people are defending Southgate and saying give him time, we've made a semi and a final.

Cool.

Would you want him to manage Leicester City?

Is David Pleat still alive? All is forgiven 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm not saying anyone on here is saying it, but some people are defending Southgate and saying give him time, we've made a semi and a final.

Cool.

Would you want him to manage Leicester City?

Is David Pleat still alive? All is forgiven 

He's a midtable Championship manager at best. Can't see any Premier League team touching him with a bargepole other than maybe Palace/Villa for sentimental reasons alone

I know it’s probably Southgate’s boring influence. But I think the players have to be blamed as well. Even if you have a boring full manager, their should still be pride to play for England. These bunch are so rich, they don’t give a toss.

Someone on here said we might be better not to play prem players and I agree. At least a player in a lower league might show some passion and fight.

Edited by fox_favourite