Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

How many games has England gone toe to toe and outplayed the opposition in open play fair & square no penalties involved?

There can’t be that many.

This is the record that is worrying. All the other big boys have played games where they’ve ripped each other apart. Germany v Italy as an example (fair play Italy is new)

Until we see southgate set the team up to be attack minded and ruthless from kick off to final whistle the question mark will linger over the national team. Doesn’t matter how talented our young players are if they don’t go out there and show the world with an end product to boot we’re not convincing anyone.

On 15/06/2022 at 08:08, Leicester_Loyal said:

I ain’t having it’s the players, we’ve got a pretty good bunch, they shouldn’t be losing 4-0 to Hungary. 

Gallagher and Saka were both crap though last night, thought we missed Maguire as well. 

It’s clearly the manager, who managed to hide his mediocrity by edging past similarly mediocre teams in both the euros and the world cup until a decent team cropped up, egged on by the media and fans who enjoyed living in the delusion we’ve got a splendid waistcoat wearing English manager destined for success, rather than a manager so mediocre he’s managed to waste a golden generation of attacking players. The root of our national malaise, from what I can tell, is that we’ve allowed a small number of top clubs to hoard all the money rather than investing it in coach and player training throughout the country, but that’s no excuse to employ a manager whose expertise comes from a stint with the u21s, quirky waistcoats and wishful thinking that he’s destined to remedy long forgotten, yet reoccurring, failure. Shite.

I have this nightmare where I hear that Man Utd poaches Rodgers and I become excited about the possibility of a new manager with a good youth development record and who’s ready for a new challenge, but I wake up in a Foxestalk thread welcoming Gareth Southgate as Leicester’s new manager and everyone is saying we should get behind Gareth and we should be lucky he manages us. Actually, I want him to stay as England manager. He’s doing a great job. Well done, Gareth. Keep it up.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Are UEFA  trying to turn the Nations League into a mini Euros? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64405357

Ffs the whole point of it was to replace meaningless friendlies not to replace a couple of qualifiers and then an extra round in a summer tournament.

All about the money and two fingers up at player welfare.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Are UEFA  trying to turn the Nations League into a mini Euros? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64405357

To be fair, it’s just adding a quarter final in March. The summer final four remains the same.

As long as it’s done on the current calendar and doesn’t mean more matches being squeezed in, I’m ok with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

This could end up seeing big nations sending weakened teams. Perhaps players needing international tournament experience. I still don't buy teams are remotely interested in this.

They won’t be interested as it’s about as prestigious as a pre season tournament but there’s money involved so respective FAs will be interested. Plus it’s so easy to qualify for tournaments now you’re better off resting players in the qualifiers and saving them for the big money matches in the nations league. Pity the fans who care/take this seriously. Weren’t England booed off in a nations league match lol 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Ffs the whole point of it was to replace meaningless friendlies not to replace a couple of qualifiers and then an extra round in a summer tournament.

All about the money and two fingers up at player welfare.

Play the same amount of games as they would anyway as it's going to be on the same international calendar. 

It's going to make the qualifiers bit different and more interesting with smaller groups. 

The traditionalist in me hates that the NL has all but killed the Europeans playing interesting fixtures outside of their comfort zone or doing June tours to S.America, Japan/Korea or the States 

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They won’t be interested as it’s about as prestigious as a pre season tournament but there’s money involved so respective FAs will be interested. Plus it’s so easy to qualify for tournaments now you’re better off resting players in the qualifiers and saving them for the big money matches in the nations league. Pity the fans who care/take this seriously. Weren’t England booed off in a nations league match lol 

Yes at Wolves .

Mind you we did lose 4-0 to Hungary .

Its the sort of competition where big teams aren’t that fused until they get to the finals .

NL is more set up to help smaller nations like Scotland have a chance of qualifying for major tournaments.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
45 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Looks like this way long forgot about lol

Enjoyed the match yesterday between the Netherlands and Croatia.

Can't help but feel by watching(and looking at both lineups), that Spain and Italy are far from the intimidating teams of the past. 

Great match last night. Modric is a machine. 

This has been a good game too. Some lulls but overall not bad considering it's end of the season. 

• Like 1

I dont get the Nations league tourney.

What's the difference in this and the Euros if all the teams in it are European based?

I know it's all about UEFA $$$$ but any other difference (Except  it's the crapest international tournament )

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

I dont get the Nations league tourney.

What's the difference in this and the Euros if all the teams in it are European based?

I know it's all about UEFA $$$$ but any other difference (Except  it's the crapest international tournament )

It’s the 4 group winners from the Group A Nations league tables .

England were in this a few years back .

I guess it is there to simply make more money though.