Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

Southgate has brainwashed the media but they will turn eventually. Genuine football fans, those who pay their money don't enjoy watching this team. Of course, they celebrate good results, why wouldn't you but I've never spoken to anyone who I perceive to be knowledgeable about football who thinks he's anything more than a limited football manager. 

It looks great at tournament when you have scenes of people who don't really give a damn about football any other time thinking how great Southgate is, but your average fan knows. 

• Like 4

Absolute joke of a manager who has had the easiest route into later stages of competitions in our history. We got to a world cup semi final when the best win was beating Sweden and winning a penalty shoot out at last. As for all this FACTS stuff the media keep bringing up here is a  better stat in 2018 we only played 2 decent sides but lost 3 times.

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

He could have pick a team that had the following for these and they’d have snapped your hand off for a chance to put themselves in the running for a place in the squad at the World Cup: 

Pope, Guehi, White, Tomori, Gray, Gallagher, Justin, Maddison, Bowen; Toney, McNeil, Darlow, Barnes, Eze, Tavernier, Green, Konsa, Kilmann, Targett, Ramsey, Elliott, Harrison, Lamptey, Webster, Bissaka, Smith-Rowe, Curtis Jones, Holgate, Chalobah, Tangagna, Willock, Nelson, Phillips, Skipp, Cantwell, Thomas, Mitchell, Livremento, Tuanzebe, Henry, Dawson, 

We’d have had more desire at least …..

I appreciate the point you're making, but Holgate? Cantwell? lol Cantwell couldn't get a game in the championship last season.

Southgate is obviously well-liked within the media and is popular with most of the pundits and therein lies the problem. They're all so quick to defend him and then castigate fans who dare to call it how it is. Previous managers haven't had that protective ring of being pally with just about everyone who appears on TV to talk about England. I don't doubt that he's probably a top bloke but that's the sort of performance that indicates deeper problems.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

The loss to Hungary is 1953 proved England were not as good as they thought they were. History repeating?

I don’t know. I’m not even sure what we were looking to do tonight. 

I don’t see that result happening if we have the likes of Mourinho, Van Gaal, Conte, Mancini, Tuchel, Klopp, Simeone, Guardiola, Zidane, Benitez, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Marcelino, Fischer, Gallardo, Streich, Sarri, Pioli, Lopetegui, Moyes, Rose, Gasperini, Emery or Flick in charge. 

Even Pearson, Dyche or Big Sam wouldn’t have allowed it. 

Loads of potential upgrades. 

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Southgate has brainwashed the media but they will turn eventually. Genuine football fans, those who pay their money don't enjoy watching this team. Of course, they celebrate good results, why wouldn't you but I've never spoken to anyone who I perceive to be knowledgeable about football who thinks he's anything more than a limited football manager. 

It looks great at tournament when you have scenes of people who don't really give a damn about football any other time thinking how great Southgate is, but your average fan knows. 

Not sure about brainwashed but he's the one in the emperor's new clothes. 

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I appreciate the point you're making, but Holgate? Cantwell? lol Cantwell couldn't get a game in the championship last season.

I just rolled off a load of English players to be fair! lol I’m sure I’ll have missed a load of uncapped players as well. 

Southgate's so overly protected by the media it's unbelievable. Never known anything like it. Could you imagine literally anyone, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland - any one of them have a result so utterly humiliating and their media are more horrified at the fans berating such a disgrace than what was served up itself? There's no accountability at a certain level in this country. The mentality is totally backwards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I don’t see that result happening if we have the likes of Mourinho, Van Gaal, Conte, Mancini, Tuchel, Klopp, Simeone, Guardiola, Zidane, Benitez, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Marcelino, Fischer, Gallardo, Streich, Sarri, Pioli, Lopetegui, Moyes, Rose, Gasperini, Emery or Flick in charge. 

That was my biggest worry tonight (apart from the scoreline). What was the game plan?

We were fielding allegedly some of England’s finest who did not have a clue what they were doing!

Ultimately, we looked just to get it out wide and sling in crosses and, though I was joking during the game, I kinda meant it. If that’s what we were doing, we might as well have just played a 442, got on two decent crossers and brought Abraham in to partner up with Kane. 
In the sober reality, this is dreadful really. We have players and a manager who are paid like kings, who tactically didn’t have a scooby do.

There are an abundance of managers across football who at least know how to set a side up tactically. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

To be honest any half decent manager, out of those players, would have got a result against bloody Hungary… 

That was my point really. Watching England at this winters World Cup will be like pissing into the wind with Southgate in charge. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly said:

As others have mentioned when it came to the crunch in the WC semi and at home to Italy last year Southgate and the team were not up to it. I think the Nations League is a daft idea. Having said that the results and performances have been abysmal. We have a diplomat in charge not a top coach.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Southgate's so overly protected by the media it's unbelievable. Never known anything like it. Could you imagine literally anyone, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland - any one of them have a result so utterly humiliating and their media are more horrified at the fans berating such a disgrace than what was served up itself? There's no accountability at a certain level in this country. The mentality is totally backwards.

We've had it with Rodgers too as we know.

No manager should ever have a free pass. It is a shocking result.

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Laughing at the people here slating Southgate but backing Rodgers 

lol

I’ve had a pop at both I’ll have you know lol

Edited by Sly
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Laughing at the people here slating Southgate but backing Rodgers 

lol

Can’t agree. Rodgers teams concede goals but offensively we are far more potent than this England team. I’m never too concerned that Leicester won’t score. It’s at the other end I worry

And I think Rodgers generally has a sound plan a. It’s when plan a fails that we suffer.

Tonight, Southgate had NO plan

Edited by Col city fan

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Can’t agree. Rodgers teams concede goals but offensively we are far more potent than this England team. I’m never too concerned that Leicester won’t score. It’s at the other end I worry

And I think Rodgers generally has a sound plan a. It’s when plan a fails that we suffer.

Tonight, Southgate had NO plan

Are you sure?

I want to scratch my eyes out watching either 

I agree with the last paragraph though. 

Got talking to a Rangers fan at a gig who said that Rodgers’ Plan B was to do Plan A better. I thought that was perfectly put 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

People still watch international football outside of major tournaments? Poor bastards.

You’re the type of person that begs for a final ticket then gets angry at the asking price being £3k

My ticket for last years final was €80. Because I put the hard yards in watching the shite prior (even if I did go, check in, then leave)