Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Apparently this could affect our ranking for the Euro 2024 qualifiers. If we're not in the top 10 sides (14th currently according to Five Live) after the six games we'll be in a lower pot and could get a top side in qualifying,

Pissing another cracking generation up the wall.

Worst England results in my lifetime. 

England 0-4 Hungary

England 2-3 Romania

England 1-2 Croatia

England 1-2 Iceland

England 2-3 Croatia

England 0-0 Algeria

England 1-1 USA

England 1-4 Germany

It’s a toss up between which was worse, tonight or Iceland. 

Apparently this could affect our ranking for the Euro 2024 qualifiers. If we're not in the top 10 sides (14th currently according to Five Live) after the six games we'll be in a lower pot and could get a top side in qualifying,

Doesn’t matter. 24 team euros and 32 (soon to be 48?!) team world cups. We will qualify for every upcoming tournament with ease. Christ even wales consistently qualify these days 

Luckily it's probably impossible for us not to qualify for the euros. Whatever the group is. 

• Like 1

Euros usually has several routes, can finish second and still qualify. Plus we are likely going to be relegated in the nations league. Not too worried about qualifying for the Euros. Just worried about the World Cup and the pathetic performances 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

England 0-4 Hungary

England 2-3 Romania

England 1-2 Croatia

England 1-2 Iceland

England 2-3 Croatia

England 0-0 Algeria

England 1-1 USA

England 1-4 Germany

Iceland.  Always Iceland.

But this is the worst home defeat I've ever seen by a million miles.  Nothing comes close.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

He's blamed himself in front of the players. Give them a bollocking you total ballbag. Letting them off the hook isn't going to help.

Not sure this forum allows the manager to protect himself and callout the players

4 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

This is most certainly not just jumping on the bandwagon but he has to go, the man is a fraud. 

I remember during the last Euros I was very critical of Southgate and all my mates were outraged by it! We’ve arguably won one game in his time as England manager where we were  evenly matched (the last 16 match versus Germany) aside from that this is his record at major tournaments (which apparently makes him the messiah)

Last minute goal vs Tunisia to win 2-1

Beat Panama 

Lost to Belgium

Beat the mighty Colombia on Pens

Beat Sweden

Lost to Croatia (who were there for the taking)

Lost to Belgium 

Beat Croatia 1-0 in thee most boring game ever

Drew with Scotland 

Beat Czech Rep 1-0

Beat Germany 2-0 (the good result)

Beat Ukraine

Beat Denmark after a dodgy pen

Lost to Italy at Home 

Every time aside from that Germany game (and this isn’t a Germany team of 10 years ago) any time we play anyone half decent if comes unstuck. We should have beaten Croatia in the World Cup semis, this wasn’t Brazil, France or Argentina, it was a side with a 34 year old Mandzukic up front and Dejan ****ing Lovren at centre half! Hardly vintage

Then lose to Italy at home in a final who less than 12 months later fail to even qualify for their 2nd consecutive World Cup! We’ve been half successful in spite of Southgate not because of him. Anyone half decent and we’d have won one of those tournaments 

Your being too fair..

Croatia completely dominated us for most of that game. 

No way we beat Germany without home advantage either, they had really good chances

Edited by MattFox

4 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

This is most certainly not just jumping on the bandwagon but he has to go, the man is a fraud. 

I remember during the last Euros I was very critical of Southgate and all my mates were outraged by it! We’ve arguably won one game in his time as England manager where we were  evenly matched (the last 16 match versus Germany) aside from that this is his record at major tournaments (which apparently makes him the messiah)

Beat Panama 

Lost to Belgium

Beat Sweden

Lost to Belgium 

Drew with Scotland 

Beat Czech Rep 1-0

Beat Ukraine

Lost to Italy at Home 

Every time aside from that Germany game (and this isn’t a Germany team of 10 years ago) any time we play anyone half decent if comes unstuck. We should have beaten Croatia in the World Cup semis, this wasn’t Brazil, France or Argentina, it was a side with a 34 year old Mandzukic up front and Dejan ****ing Lovren at centre half! Hardly vintage

Then lose to Italy at home in a final who less than 12 months later fail to even qualify for their 2nd consecutive World Cup! We’ve been half successful in spite of Southgate not because of him. Anyone half decent and we’d have won one of those tournaments 

Completely agree.  With the draws we had and being at home in the Euros, he has actually cost us silverware IMO.  

I'd actually be giving Steve Cooper a ring.

Firstly, it completely bollocks Forest up and therefore gives cheer to an entire nation. Secondly, he's clearly a superb motivator and at least instills exciting, attacking football. Doubt he'd stick with the favourites.

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

England 0-4 Hungary

England 2-3 Romania

England 1-2 Croatia

England 1-2 Iceland

England 2-3 Croatia

England 0-0 Algeria

England 1-1 USA

England 1-4 Germany

The loss to Hungary is 1953 proved England were not as good as they thought they were. History repeating?

He could have pick a team that had the following for these and they’d have snapped your hand off for a chance to put themselves in the running for a place in the squad at the World Cup: 

Pope, Guehi, White, Tomori, Gray, Gallagher, Justin, Maddison, Bowen; Toney, McNeil, Darlow, Barnes, Eze, Tavernier, Green, Konsa, Kilmann, Targett, Ramsey, Elliott, Harrison, Lamptey, Webster, Bissaka, Smith-Rowe, Curtis Jones, Holgate, Chalobah, Tangagna, Willock, Nelson, Phillips, Skipp, Cantwell, Thomas, Mitchell, Livremento, Tuanzebe, Henry, Dawson, 

We’d have had more desire at least …..

10 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Beat Panama 

Lost to Belgium

Beat Sweden

Lost to Belgium 

Drew with Scotland 

Beat Czech Rep 1-0

Beat Ukraine

Lost to Italy at Home 

Agreed …. Hoddle won La Tournoi, which is more than Southgate has won.

30 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yeah, I like Southgate and I respect what he has done. However, thinking that and thinking that we can do better and respecting him is not mutually exclusive. I am aware that we have said this before, but in my lifetime, this is by far the most talented England team I have ever seen

Everybody was happy during the 2018 World Cup as it marked a change. A change which saw a team who gave a toss, the 2021 European Championship was similar but the reality is that we should’ve won it. A home tournament, with an easy draw. I can’t forgive the fact that we were one nil up after five minutes, any good manager knows how to see that out.

It is problematic as Southgate has progressed us, even if you admit how talented this squad is. Improved the cohesion and even improved unit. But, remember that this team is capable of winning everything, I am just not convinced that Southgate is, however. 

It is pointless as he clearly won’t go and the FA are bottle jobs. Hypothetically though, imagine if somebody like Mourinho was managing. The ability would be highlighted but we’d also be ballsy, that combination would win the lot.

But of course, we are stuck with Southgate. Again, I have a lot of time for him as a person and a manager. The latter makes me think that he is a safe pair of hands, but ultimately, a safe pair of hands does not win you trophies. 

Ability wise we are good enough to win the World Cup in Qatar but our tactically prowess will let us down. It’s quite sad actually.

6 paragraphs to say Southgate is sh1t.