Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Why can’t they ever put in a pundit that can see this from a fans perspective, and naturally be honest and say that Southgate is crap and we need to move forward if we really want to win things.

A pool of talented players throughout the squad and that’s the shite he produces?

Keep it Southgate. 🤡 

I don't know who it was on R5 - but they were calling for him to go.

Just now, Corky said:

Yeah, Hungary have played four games like we have. 

Tiredness is a factor but it should affect most countries in this competition and plenty have coped.

We have the players to swap and freshen things up too. It is pathetic to hide behind such an excuse when just thrashed at home by Hungary 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

That result probably needed to happen going forward, to be honest, as much as it was pretty embarrassing.

Do you think it will change anything? I don't. GS is pretty much Teflon with the FA. No idea why. Maybe there's no one else available who could take us forward 

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

Aren’t the Hungary players tired though? 

He could have picked 22 uncapped players and given them a chance to put themselves in the window for the World Cup. It would have turned out better than these 4 games. 

Terrible attitude by the players, terrible tactics 2 boring football and terrible officiating. 

All just a load of danglies really. 

But they haven't played in the best and most tiring league in the world.....lol

I think it's more the players couldn't be arsed and would rather have not been there. Maybe the relaxed nature Southgate has created has gone too far the other way. 

It was like watching a Rodgers team play.

But Brendan hasn't got that much talent at his disposal. 

This is a very good group of players and,although Hungary were very well set up ,disciplined and scored very good goals,we shouldn't be turned over like that.

The World Cup semi was pathetic as was the Euro Final

Roll the dice, get Southgate out now 

All l keep hearing is, ‘These games are coming at the end of a long hard season’…………and ‘England have a great chance at the WC as it won’t be at the end of a long hard season’. 
How are we so vastly different to any other major European country after their long hard seasons ? 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I like Southgate and I respect what he has done. However, thinking that and thinking that we can do better and respecting him is not mutually exclusive. I am aware that we have said this before, but in my lifetime, this is by far the most talented England team I have ever seen

Everybody was happy during the 2018 World Cup as it marked a change. A change which saw a team who gave a toss, the 2021 European Championship was similar but the reality is that we should’ve won it. A home tournament, with an easy draw. I can’t forgive the fact that we were one nil up after five minutes, any good manager knows how to see that out.

It is problematic as Southgate has progressed us, even if you admit how talented this squad is. Improved the cohesion and even improved unit. But, remember that this team is capable of winning everything, I am just not convinced that Southgate is, however. 

It is pointless as he clearly won’t go and the FA are bottle jobs. Hypothetically though, imagine if somebody like Mourinho was managing. The ability would be highlighted but we’d also be ballsy, that combination would win the lot.

But of course, we are stuck with Southgate. Again, I have a lot of time for him as a person and a manager. The latter makes me think that he is a safe pair of hands, but ultimately, a safe pair of hands does not win you trophies. 

Ability wise we are good enough to win the World Cup in Qatar but our tactically prowess will let us down. It’s quite sad actually.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

They are the kind of pundits you want to see in the studio. A bit of honesty.

The thing is, the ones in the studio don’t want to go against the grain and risk their careers. 

They’re thick as **** too so it’s no wonder they’re happy to go along with it all and pick up their pay.

• Like 1

That should be it for Southgate. But it won't be.

It should spark the kind of reaction our own 5-1 win in Germany did with the DFB. But it won't. 

I'm honestly far from optimistic we get out of the group in Qatar, and that's criminal with the players England have at our disposal. 

Frankly, a decent manager with the likes of Foden, Kane, Sterling, Mount, Grealish, Maddison, TAA et al in his locker would be looking at a huge push to win the whole thing. 

• Like 4