Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

7 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I know it’s probably Southgate’s boring influence. But I think the players have to be blamed as well. Even if you have a boring full manager, their should still be pride to play for England. These bunch are so rich, they don’t give a toss.

Someone on here said we might be better not to play prem players and I agree. At least a player in a lower league might show some passion and fight.

They give a toss in the Prem and in European competitions, you think Klopp or Pep would allow that sort of performance?  The issue is Southgate who is stifling some of the best young English players of a generation.  He's had a free pass in the World Cup and Euro's and than shat his bolt when faced with a semi decent team/manager.  He starts from turgid and is unable to interfere with a match through subs and tactical changes.  

The idea someone doesn't give a toss just because they are paid a lot of money is a very negative way to look at human beings.  You do not get to the most elite level in any sport just because you love money.  

And the suggestion we should not play premiership players is, of course, absurd.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I think Southgate is a garbage manager but I don't agree with this statement either. I don't believe we have one world class player and I feel like I'd be hard pressed to pick any that will be in 5 years without a doubt. Foden under the tutelage of Pep maybe but other than that I think the majority are vastly overrated. Equally I might just be a miserable bastard lol

Bellingham has it in him imo. His biggest sin is not playing in the #greatestleagueintheworld 

I don’t think it’s even worth bothering to go to ‘urghhhhh spit’ at all ..  thus avoiding further embarrassment and avoiding any of the players getting sunstroke. 

Seriously I know I keep banging on about how incompetent he is ..  but could he have actually done any worse ..  how bad does he need to get before those that employ him come out of the catatonic state that they are obviously in and do something about it .. 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Get Tony Cottee on the box

Thanx for posting that TK95

wow that was well said by Cottee. It’s a fair and balance constructive critique of southgate. We cannot ignore that progress England have made in recent years but cannot dismiss what the fans were shouting out either. Southgate’s limitations are getting exposed and it’s getting worse.

Against the best teams he really doesn’t know what he’s doing. I fear the same will happen at the world cup. Sadly there is no time left but to continue with him in the hope he finally breaks out of his defensively minded shell.

I wonder if the other top nations managers would leave out their most creative players like madisson and grealish from their A team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Thanx for posting that TK95

wow that was well said by Cottee. It’s a fair and balance constructive critique of southgate. We cannot ignore that progress England have made in recent years but cannot dismiss what the fans were shouting out either. Southgate’s limitations are getting exposed and it’s getting worse.

Against the best teams he really doesn’t know what he’s doing. I fear the same will happen at the world cup. Sadly there is no time left but to continue with him in the hope he finally breaks out of his defensively minded shell.

I wonder if the other top nations managers would leave out their most creative players like madisson and grealish from their A team.

The elite nations use these opportunities to test their squad and give opportunities to new blood. Seen it countless times with the likes of Germany and Spain who pick players on form not reputation.

There's no reason to play Harry Kane every single game either.

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

Hard to imagine anyone could get us playing as well as Southgate does before. Until the last 4 games he's been really good at beating teams we're much better than. Best England manager since Ramsey and I don't care if people say that we've beaten teams that are worse than us, you can only beat what's in front of you (unless they're similar to your level and you take an early lead in an important game).

I personally hope he goes back to have 7 defensive players on the pitch and getting lucky with the 1 or 2 shots on target we generate on average.

People will come crawling back and putting their waistcoats back on when we beat Iran with a last minute penalty.

I thought someone had hacked you for a minute. Was relieved by the end.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TK95 said:

Get Tony Cottee on the box

Fantastic interview. This is what we need to be watching on Channel 4 or whatever. Not the absolute bollox we had to suffer last night trawled out by hand-picked muppets and especially Ashley Cole who is thick as pig shit! 

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Fantastic interview. This is what we need to be watching on Channel 4 or whatever. Not the absolute bollox we had to suffer last night trawled out by hand-picked muppets and especially Ashley Cole who is thick as pig shit! 

I think some pundits are chosen to tick boxes rather than how insightful or honest they might be. 

• Like 1

A non English view...

England 1990, 1996-1998 and 2002-2006 were all massively, massively overrated and I think blind nostalgia when people try to compare them to the current team or 'what might have been'. The 2002-2006 team were decent yes but the squad was not. Even at that, the likes Brazil, Italy and Portugal had better teams.

This squad however is probably underrated in England oddly. The 23 man squad of England is probably as good as any other team bar France and maybe Brazil man for man. Its crazy how people think England just fluked a world cup semi final and euros final yet I've never heard a single person question England 1990's route to the semis.

51 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well least we won’t have to worry about the players being too tired for the finals of this !

They’ll get a break next June unless there are qualifying games ?

They will still have to play friendlies or qualifiers in the slot I assume. Broadcasting and commercial contracts stipulate how many games international teams must play, there’s no ‘break.’ That’s why England were playing pointless friendlies in late 2020 during 3 game international breaks, to make up for games cancelled during covid. Hence I admire fans being up for these contrived games. They are literally only played for tv figures and the bookies 

34 minutes ago, Nalis said:

A non English view...

England 1990, 1996-1998 and 2002-2006 were all massively, massively overrated and I think blind nostalgia when people try to compare them to the current team or 'what might have been'. The 2002-2006 team were decent yes but the squad was not. Even at that, the likes Brazil, Italy and Portugal had better teams.

This squad however is probably underrated in England oddly. The 23 man squad of England is probably as good as any other team bar France and maybe Brazil man for man. Its crazy how people think England just fluked a world cup semi final and euros final yet I've never heard a single person question England 1990's route to the semis.

Absolutely this, the depth oftalent is as good as I remember. It's why it's so vexing that Southgate sets us up with 7 defensive players on the pitch and seems to have no faith in the boys. This group is capable of so much more.

The 2 draws were fortunate, there's absolutely no way anybody could dispute that. I don't think anyone thinks the squad fluked it, or at least I struggle to believe that. I believe Southgate got lucky though as I think he takes this talented team and bombs out much earlier if we're unfortunate enough to meet one of the better nations early on.

His teams/squads and tactics are set up to qualify for next phases but not right for straight knock out games especially against decent opposition or those that park the bus.

Even if they were set up for it  to switch after playing in a defensive manner for several games and with limited coaching time he just can’t do it.

• Like 1

Is it impossible that the next England manager could be a woman? like Jill Ellis the English born American whose won the world cup twice in the women's game or Emma Hayes. Both them have probably got a better CV than Southgate. Now i'm not saying this should happen, but if your going throw in names like Potter, Cooper, Howe, Lampard and Gerrard. Then some could argue what have they won as manager to get the top job. 

• Like 2