Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joey2by4

2022-23 Ticket Prices

They don't care about non-season ticket holders. Ridiculous match day prices, never release tickets to general sale etc. I was considering getting a membership but may not bother now as I won't be going to any home games and limited to what away games I can try and get to. Should at the very least have a discounted membership price.

It's not unique to us, on the day tickets are ridiculous at every level. I appreciate you have to pay more as there needs to be a benefit to being a season ticket holder but not that much.

22 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Of course. I also assume many of those commenting won't actually have to pay those prices as they don't go to games, or are season ticket holders and immune to these ridiculous prices. I'd be interested to know what their limit was? If those £42 tickets were £100, would it be okay? How about £150? Would like to know their arbitrary limit.

Staggering what some football fans will do to defend their club and is one of the exact reasons why there will never be a concerted campaign in this country to do something about matchday ticket prices, because there's always going to be a faction at every club that thinks it's not an issue.

Actually a lot of those criticising are season ticket holders so personally aren't affected, but can see how 58 quid to watch a game just seems a bit prohibitive and charging under 18s 32 quid seems a little steep. How to out of the next generation. No wonder they are all sat home playing fifa.

This is a great example 

Screenshot_20220621-083424_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Bayfox

37 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Actually a lot of those criticising are season ticket holders so personally aren't affected, but can see how 58 quid to watch a game just seems a bit prohibitive and charging under 18s 32 quid seems a little steep. How to out of the next generation. No wonder they are all sat home playing fifa.

Oh I don't disagree, there's a massive chunk of us ST holders who are repulsed by these prices. It's just that the "I'm alright Jack" brigade justifying these prices will have a few ST holders in there themselves. 

I'm already wondering which aways not to do next season with the costs of everything, and the prospect of other interests being much cheaper to pursue. The fact these are home prices is just insane. It will be intriguing to see how many gaps there are next season, especially in 2023 when the table has taken shape and (if) we were mid-table fodder.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Oh I don't disagree, there's a massive chunk of us ST holders who are repulsed by these prices. It's just that the "I'm alright Jack" brigade justifying these prices will have a few ST holders in there themselves. 

I'm already wondering which aways not to do next season with the costs of everything, and the prospect of other interests being much cheaper to pursue. The fact these are home prices is just insane. It will be intriguing to see how many gaps there are next season, especially in 2023 when the table has taken shape and (if) we were mid-table fodder.

Yeah I've been looking through the aways. Based on the fact there's absolutely nothing new next season, so I'll probably just do a few with my lad. Possibly the 3 south coast games, Fulham away, Newcastle maybe. 

Actually brought 2 season tickets for Excelsior Rotterdam next season for less than taking my lad to a handful of games at those new prices. Dropped 2 of my Leicester season tickets and covered the cost 4 times over with the savings. So more chance of me watching, ajax, feyenoord etc next season and still being better off. Think we have about hit tipping point, as as been mentioned we aren't a club flogging 1000s of tickets to Scandinavians or Asians over for trips. We are hitting the real fan, local people with £58 quid for Arsenal at home.

• Like 2

Interesting discussion about the away games, I’m in the same boat. When the season kicks off I’ll have been to every premier league ground (going to Brentford for a womens euro 2022 game) so nothing that exciting. Apart from Fulham away in hopefully good weather. Looking forward to leuven abd preston and otherwise hoping for interesting away cup games 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Interesting discussion about the away games, I’m in the same boat. When the season kicks off I’ll have been to every premier league ground (going to Brentford for a womens euro 2022 game) so nothing that exciting. Apart from Fulham away in hopefully good weather. Looking forward to leuven abd preston and otherwise hoping for interesting away cup games 

Yeah,with the cost of trains and fuel at the moment I'll be looking to do a few I've not done for a while hence the South Coast and not been Fulham since they redevelopment so think I'll take that in.

But I can fly to schiphol for less than the trains to most places which is just daft really. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

No surprised to see Influencer of the Gormless: Lee Chappy backing the prices.

The mental gymnastics involved to suggest that this means we’ll sign better players is insane.

What a job Ranieri did to win the league, whilst only charging £30 a game!

Saw that. Even tho I don't follow him. What a twat. And yes this insistance that the extra million quid they have raised by bumping season tickets and match day prices means we are gonna compete in the market is the same logic that people still think KP fund the club and because of covid we have gone skint., completely ignoring the football club maybe the one are of the company's portfolio that can still turn a profit if ran properly, with huge TV income that shows no sign of slowing yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Away match prices are capped at 30 quid for adults 

Does that include the fuel, food and the drinks as well? ;)

I'm being obtuse, but the overall point is that supporting Leicester this season will be expensive for most of us. Whether it's a season ticket, individual matchday home tickets or going to away games. I used to do all the aways but looking at this season I'm struggling to muster the enthusiasm or the money to do them all. Each away is likely to be around £70-80 at least, including ticket, travel and food/drink. Sure, I probably could do the games for less, but I wouldn't enjoy it.

18 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I suspect I'll do the ones I can with the OH or friends I know. Manchester games, London games, Forest, Villa. This season is more likely for each game to be an "event" rather than just another game of football.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LCWFCJ said:

Looking at some of the defence of the prices on Twitter it turns out I greatly underestimated how much good-will a donut and a smile gets you

I agree, its quite clever really. You get the odd free scarf or warm beer and think you have been looked after yet your secretly getting fleeced with the other hand.

I guess that's why the rich are rich.

Lets face it, your £1.50 booking fee alone pays for your 'free' beer and scarf..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I agree, its quite clever really. You get the odd free scarf or warm beer and think you have been looked after yet your secretly getting fleeced with the other hand.

I guess that's why the rich are rich.

Lets face it, your £1.50 booking fee alone pays for your 'free' beer and scarf..

1.50 booking to print at home is the peak lol

And now we have tea stained cotton, bastardised home badgegate.

What a summer.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Yeah,with the cost of trains and fuel at the moment I'll be looking to do a few I've not done for a while hence the South Coast and not been Fulham since they redevelopment so think I'll take that in.

But I can fly to schiphol for less than the trains to most places which is just daft really. 

just fully read your initial post re the Dutch club. That sounds fantastic and a great idea. I have a friend of a friend who is a Dortmund native and goes to a lot of games. Hoping to tag along with him more this season 

3 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

1.50 booking to print at home is the peak lol

And now we have tea stained cotton, bastardised home badgegate.

What a summer.

It's incredible. Wouldn't be suprised if the new season tickets are somehow linked to your bank so every ticket scan takes out £1.50 too.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

just fully read your initial post re the Dutch club. That sounds fantastic and a great idea. I have a friend of a friend who is a Dortmund native and goes to a lot of games. Hoping to tag along with him more this season 

Yeah thought it was a good way to help support the 3rd club in rotterdam, have friends out there and they allowed us to visit the ground, including going on the pitch when there the day after Eindhoven. Even tho some of the 1st team were doing rehab before a match.

They also honoured the renewal price for 2nd tier football, and then got promoted via the play offs after 3, 2 legged ties, check out the 2nd leg v ADO if you have chance. Another mad end to a football match.

Already looking forward to getting to both away games at sparta and feyenoord next season hopefully on top of a few home games, and had my tickets sent to a Dutch address so they get used when I'm not there.

• Like 1

Grateful I have a season ticket.:jawdrop:

It's not just football though, I have a season ticket at the Tiger's which works out at just under £25 a game. I had to pay for the Leinster and Wasps games recently both around £45. I understand it more with the Tigers they do rely on gate receipts the TV revenue just isn't there for rugby.

I think these should be General Admission prices and at the very least we should be giving members a nice discount.on those prices.

• Like 1

My family are STHs, we certainly wouldn't be getting to the games at the general admission. It's just an insane increase from last year.

In all honesty, if they just improved the food -- and service -- in the concourses, they would probably make as much as the ticket increase. Fans would spend more money, and not be outraged.

8 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

My family are STHs, we certainly wouldn't be getting to the games at the general admission. It's just an insane increase from last year.

In all honesty, if they just improved the food -- and service -- in the concourses, they would probably make as much as the ticket increase. Fans would spend more money, and not be outraged.

I'd be amazed if the club take revenue directly from concession sales. Surely they contract it out to some private-equity-owned skeleton company for a fee to run on their behalf. LCFC's expertise/time spent is a long way from running a concession stand i'd think. That being said i have no idea, never have and never will buy anything from there, and therefore have no interest.

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I'd be amazed if the club take revenue directly from concession sales. Surely they contract it out to some private-equity-owned skeleton company for a fee to run on their behalf. LCFC's expertise/time spent is a long way from running a concession stand i'd think. That being said i have no idea, never have and never will buy anything from there, and therefore have no interest.

It is certainly contracted out, but the club takes a cut. King Power is in the duty free business, and in many ways a stadium is like an airport: Thousands of people milling around an enclosed environment. It is shocking how little they squeeze out of concessions.