Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joey2by4

2022-23 Ticket Prices

£44.33 is the average adult ticket price for a cat A game In a time where non STHs are going to cutting back on non-essentials I'm not sure this hike is wise, especially when we have expansion over the horizon and we'll rely on non-sths to fill the ground.

Better to have the ground full at cheaper prices than having expensive empty seats.

As a worked example, a bloke wants to take his two kids (11 and 15) to watch Leicester vs Arsenal in G1, that's £80 (+ booking fee). That's an expensive day out with food and drinks on top and one that a lot of fans won't be able to commit too now.

Edited by Stadt

59 minutes ago, Winsum said:

Football lost contact with reality on and off the pitch years ago With everything that is going off regarding the cost of living 

crisis maybe realty will kick in sooner than some think 

It’s sport in general mate, not just footy.

If you think this is a lot, have a butchers what the yanks pay for good seats at the NBA/NFL. You’ll be amazed.

I’m debating Family Stand for most of this coming season… And I bloody hate the Family Stand. 😂😂

Insultingly enough, there was a study recently floating about that highlighted how little clubs rely in the income of ticket sales to exist. The extra £5 or whatever Premier League clubs have added doesn't reflect operating costs or anything; it's pure avarice. 

25 minutes ago, davieG said:

No wonder people are reluctant to give up their ST even if they can only manage half the games.

I've always thought matchday tickets were extortionate but having had a ST for so long I'd lost touch with how bad they are.

The difference is shocking.

My Season Ticket in SK3 is £435 which makes it £22.90 a match ticket. On the assumption there is 10 Cat A and 9 Cat B games if i was to buy individual tickets it would cost me £838 and that's before booking fees / postage. So probably looking at £850. 

So you can basically miss half of the games a season and it STILL works out cheaper to get a season ticket. 

Just mad really I feel sorry for the fans that have had to give their season tickets up as i am sure they will now also find it hard to justify buying an individual match day ticket. 

People are better to find 3 or 4 mates or family members and splitting the games on a season ticket! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The difference is shocking.

My Season Ticket in SK3 is £435 which makes it £22.90 a match ticket. On the assumption there is 10 Cat A and 9 Cat B games if i was to buy individual tickets it would cost me £838 and that's before booking fees / postage. So probably looking at £850. 

So you can basically miss half of the games a season and it STILL works out cheaper to get a season ticket. 

Just mad really I feel sorry for the fans that have had to give their season tickets up as i am sure they will now also find it hard to justify buying an individual match day ticket. 

People are better to find 3 or 4 mates or family members and splitting the games on a season ticket! 

Wow fair play to anyone paying that and going to every game this season. Especially given its likely there'll be a lot of dross coming up. £50 odd to watch LCFC 0-0 Brighton on a freezing cold Saturday in Jan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Insultingly enough, there was a study recently floating about that highlighted how little clubs rely in the income of ticket sales to exist. The extra £5 or whatever Premier League clubs have added doesn't reflect operating costs or anything; it's pure avarice

Not sure you can greed when the club lost 120m over the last 2 seasons.

The main issue is the lack of football governing bodies will to make football sustainable by tackling agent's fees and player wages. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure you can greed when the club lost 120m over the last 2 seasons.

The main issue is the lack of football governing bodies will to make football sustainable by tackling agent's fees and player wages. 

That as though it may be - ticket prices wouldn't have put a dent in that, would they?

If the club is unsustainable then I'd wager the best bet would be to examine the outrageous expenditures clubs make rather than stinging workers for an extra fiver.

I can't really reconcile costing a match-going supported hundreds of pounds but also running a club airplane. Perhaps sell the airplane, make the players travel places like actual normal humans, and not make me face the cost. Similarly, the clappers. Get rid. Nobody likes them. Pass that saving onto your end user. 

The game is beyond ridiculous compared to what it was and slowly - ticket prices, food prices, television subscription costs, shirt costs - this is being foisted upon the supported. So I will point to greed when the club is a million miles from anything resembling the realities of normal life. 

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

That as though it may be - ticket prices wouldn't have put a dent in that, would they?

If the club is unsustainable then I'd wager the best bet would be to examine the outrageous expenditures clubs make rather than stinging workers for an extra fiver.

I can't really reconcile costing a match-going supported hundreds of pounds but also running a club airplane. Perhaps sell the airplane, make the players travel places like actual normal humans, and not make me face the cost. Similarly, the clappers. Get rid. Nobody likes them. Pass that saving onto your end user. 

The game is beyond ridiculous compared to what it was and slowly - ticket prices, food prices, television subscription costs, shirt costs - this is being foisted upon the supported. So I will point to greed when the club is a million miles from anything resembling the realities of normal life. 

No, my point is it isn't greed, if they made a profit and then I would agree it's greed.

100% but to be sustainable and successful in the current football ecosystem is near impossible, the whole of football needs looking at. 

The club doesn't run a plane, it charters a plane if required. Top owes a plane which he pays for himself. 

Whilst fans keep paying nothing will change.

1 hour ago, Winsum said:

Football lost contact with reality on and off the pitch years ago With everything that is going off regarding the cost of living 

crisis maybe realty will kick in sooner than some think 

Only reality to kick in will be people stopping going.

Club(s) aren't gonna change ticket prices. They don't care.

• Like 1