Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

Just now, JonesLCFC said:

Pound for pound? Not many.

Never really been sure what that means in this instance.  Boxing, I get.  But football?

Jack Hobbs?

Wayne Brown?

Brian Carey?

Just play Coady.

Faes and his adventures cause us problems game after game. 

In games that we need a goal (and that's going to happen at the business end of a season by the way), he takes it upon himself to take on every player in front of him, leaving acres of space behind him. 

We don't need to do that. Keep finding your wingers, maybe bring Iheanacho on or anyone willing to take the ball on the half turn in the middle. But don't let this accident waiting to happen surge up the pitch like Sideshow Bob cosplaying as Sol Bamba.

Coady or Souttar are both more than capable enough of doing a solid job defensively and keeping it simple. Crucially I trust both to stay switched on for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pleatout said:

Never really been sure what that means in this instance.  Boxing, I get.  But football?

Jack Hobbs?

Wayne Brown?

Brian Carey?

Jack Hobbs is such a bad example. He was decent enough for us in the League 1 season.

Pound for pound, as in how much they cost the club, Faes cost millions and is on millions. The examples you gave weren't.

He’s complacent and error ridden! Horrendous judgement to look for a cheap free-kick when he realised he had run into trouble. Don’t rate the guy at all, you’d love to play against him wouldnt you, gives you chances for sure! 

Like tonight, on Friday we need a solid backline, well organised, get Coady in! It looks a tight pitch down at Plymouth, and I’m frit to death at the thought of this t!t trying to take players on down there!! Enzo needs to show some character and leadership now …

• Like 2

As with Danny Ward last season there's seemingly no jeopardy of him losing his place, which is surely why he's so complacent. Bloke makes so many mistakes but never seems to find himself dropped for a few games just to give him a kick up the arse. He'd be a lot better if he was capable of just putting in 6/10 performances, but he has no middle ground, he's either pretty good or very shit.

• Like 4

Just look at Faes reluctance to get back into defence with any urgency whatsoever. Their goal is a worldy, but he had all the time in the world to pick his spot!

I hate to see this. Players just looking like they aren’t bothered.

As for Daka’s header at the end!? Wtf?

• Like 4

Can't stand him. Extremely limited and extremely arrogant. Hot headed and overly aggressive. Not good enough. And an arsehole.

Sell sell sell. Even if we have to pay him off so the next club can pay him the much lower wages he actually deserves.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

Jack Hobbs is such a bad example. He was decent enough for us in the League 1 season.

Pound for pound, as in how much they cost the club, Faes cost millions and is on millions. The examples you gave weren't.

That's not what pound for pound means 

2 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

What does it mean in the context of football then lad.

I don't think it's a phrase that's used in football fella.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Just look at Faes reluctance to get back into defence with any urgency whatsoever. Their goal is a worldy, but he had all the time in the world to pick his spot!

I hate to see this. Players just looking like they aren’t bothered.

As for Daka’s header at the end!? Wtf?

It's worse than the clip shows, it was Faes's botched intercepted pass that started the breakaway in the first place. Made practically exactly the same error that got Doyle sent off vs Chelsea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

It's worse than the clip shows, it was Faes's botched intercepted pass that started the breakaway in the first place. Made practically exactly the same error that got Doyle sent off vs Chelsea.

As soon as faes lost the bakk I could see a goal coming.  Its suooosedvto be Ricky stepping into midfield. 

Face it,  neither vesty nor faes are pl std.  The club need the embargo set aside. 

• Like 1

While I have no idea why this guy is still in the side I think it is harsh to blame him for the goal last night. He was at least trying to make something happen.

Winks was with the scorer all the way yet never tried to get close to the lad. He had all the space in the world to pick his spot. Terrible defending from Winks who was one of the worst players on the pitch and has looked a shadow of the player he was earlier in the season for months.

18 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

As soon as faes lost the bakk I could see a goal coming.  Its suooosedvto be Ricky stepping into midfield. 

Face it,  neither vesty nor faes are pl std.  The club need the embargo set aside. 

.......That's easy for you to say :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

How the hell does he get selected for Belgium? He’s getting turned inside out by championship strikers on weekly basis now