Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Did it though? Or is this an example of fans being way too self-important?

Yeah I'd argue what worked was Daka not doing his job at a corner super early in the game. It looked like Faes really worked himself up about that. Great passion and motivation from the guy.

Charging about higher up the pitch more too. He did a dribble, run down the byline and cross in the Bristol City game at one point. Motivating others. Future captain of a team no doubt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zealot said:

Yeah I'd argue what worked was Daka not doing his job at a corner super early in the game. It looked like Faes really worked himself up about that. Great passion and motivation from the guy.

Charging about higher up the pitch more too. He did a dribble, run down the byline and cross in the Bristol City game at one point. Motivating others. Future captain of a team no doubt.

Faes will literally never be captain. I'd be amazed if he was.

The headloss to a few ironic cheers proves that.

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Faes will literally never be captain. I'd be amazed if he was.

The headloss to a few ironic cheers proves that.

Maybe not of this club... but has the potential. We've needed a leader in our back four since Evans left he's clearly trying to step up. I love that.

Just now, zealot said:

Maybe not of this club... but has the potential. We've needed a leader in our back four since Evans left he's clearly trying to step up. I love that.

For me the only way to lead is by example. Charging about the pitch isn't a good indication of that.

Vestergaard's performance at the weekend was a captain's one. Didn't lose his head all game and stayed laser focused for the full 90.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

For me the only way to lead is by example. Charging about the pitch isn't a good indication of that.

Vestergaard's performance at the weekend was a captain's one. Didn't lose his head all game and stayed laser focused for the full 90.

I don't actually mind him charging up the pitch when we are so clearly the better team, but completely agree with all of this. Faes is nowhere near captain potential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve just watched the extended highlights and he’s absolutely right to cup his ear to the twats in our stands.

The cheers didn’t happen a couple of times, it was every time Fatawu received the ball. Embarrassing behaviour. 

The fans whether you like it or not deserve huge credit. The ones jeering where inevitably proven right as it changed the game when Abdul got on the ball. Players should just accept any criticism when they're on eye-watering wages they don't deserve.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, he started playing the ball to fatawu way more than ge ever has. Was cheering it 2/3/4 times overkill from some people? Absolutely, once was enough. Had nobody done it at all though, trend suggest he'd once again go off at half time being consoled after trying to yell at them for not giving him the ball. It happens every home game. 

35 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I didnt say it did but he wouldnt play regularly for a decent Belgium side if he wasn't good enough.

You've got an ageing Vestergaard and ageing Coady but you'd be happy to sell Faes?

I would yes, Faes is very unreliable, one game he is constantly winning the ball back like yesterday, the next he's fallen asleep on the ball and passes it straight to the opposition. With our financial situation we should be selling, ive pretty much given up on us having any chance at staying up if we get promoted so getting money from some of our sellable assets should help stop the bleeding.

• Like 1

I don't doubt him passing to Fatawu more helped, but please spare me the line that the fans made the difference - as I said elsewhere, I could cite innumerable times when our fans have let the team down by simply failing to support the team.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, zealot said:

Faes as future captain?

I can’t think of a single leadership trait that the lad possesses.

I sound like a broken record at times but Faes’ weak mentality actually infuriates me more than his rashness.

Watch him when we concede, he goes into a child like temper tantrum but in a whiny way rather than Vardy angryesque way.

Watch Ndidi after their goal, he was positively waving his arms to say “calm down lads, we’ve got this” the complete opposite to Faes.

Guest leatherhead32

i think wouts a cracking player , involed in the lot , wears heart on sleeve , that will lead to errors and 2 og at anfield :doh: but hes a mad dog and i love the lad.

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

It wasn’t just once, it was constant until we equalised. Childish and crap support in a huge game. 

Also, if you are happy to do that, then don’t get upset when Faes gives some back. 

There's a fundamental difference to how we interpret this - for me the cheers were for us using Fats. Nothing to do with Wout at all. 

I just don't see anything negative  / childish / crap support in cheering when we finally start to use the attacking option and not the negative recycle ball.

I care not a jot that Wout "gives it back" because again I don't think he did - he cupped his ear to fans - "cmon, let's hear you" 

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't doubt him passing to Fatawu more helped, but please spare me the line that the fans made the difference - as I said elsewhere, I could cite innumerable times when our fans have let the team down by simply failing to support the team.

They're not mutually exclusive

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

They pretty much started playing better when it started. If anything it fired the players up.

There's only so much you can chant and back a team that continually lets you down. 

It's not a particularly effective long or even mid-term strategy, but watching the game on TV it seemed to have a clearly visible positive impact on the teams performance.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Because it is intrinsically critical and very much the opposite of support, I suggest.

You think that supporting the team should consist of clapping / cheering everything all the time (unless you've just poured a Bovril out of your flask obviously)? Any critical expression, or ironic cheering is "embarrassing" somehow?

It's the point that many of us have been making - with this relentless acceptance ( "positive support" you think you're giving (you're not)) then KPFC can continue to mess up without fear of fan reaction, players can give whatever effort they choose, and managers can never make substitutes however illogical that may be.

I'm no fan of booing or putting pressure on your own players, but not all support involves gently tapping your clapper 

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 2

I have quite a hard time believing Faes would disregard his manager's game plan to instead cater to people he visibly and quite reasonably thinks are stupid bellends who are taking the piss out of him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 02/04/2024 at 14:14, StanSP said:

You see the worst of Faes and not so worst of him in one short clip... 

Totally loses all focus after Ricardo wins the ball back and therefore doesn't see a pass to him. Then manages to flick the ball past their player and keep possession lol lol

This cracked me and my boys up at the time! Hilarious that it has been caught on camera. There is literally at least one mad moment from Faes in every game he plays! In the home game v Boro, I remember him just standing and staring when the board was held up with the added time to be played. He then started arguing with the fourth official that it wasn't enough time, whilst the game went on around him. The bloke is bonkers really. It's funny if we win, but less so if it leads to a mistake and we lose as a result. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

You think that supporting the team should consist of clapping / cheering everything all the time (unless you've just poured a Bovril out of your flask obviously)? Any critical expression, or ironic cheering is "embarrassing" somehow?

First of all, I think that the word 'supporting' should need no explanation - what is it the song says? 'Through the good times and the bad, we always back the lads'? Well the team (for whatever reason one might argue) has had a bit of a rough time of it lately and have never needed vociferous backing more. Also, I don't expect you to have read any of my previous posts, but you won't catch me using the massively over-used 'embarrassing' about much to do with football, other than the appalling way the game seems to be run. 

It's the point that many of us have been making - with this relentless acceptance ( "positive support" you think you're giving (you're not)) then KPFC can continue to mess up without fear of fan reaction, players can give whatever effort they choose, and managers can never make substitutes however illogical that may be.

Ah, so you think that sarcasm directed at players actually translates into criticism of KPFC? I don't. And nowhere in anything I say do I advocate relentless acceptance of anything to do with the running of the club - I simply think that, for the 90+ minutes the team is on the pitch, we do best by backing the team to the hilt. The last game I was able to attend was Middlesborough at home - the fans' efforts were fantastic on a day when little went right, and actually the first of the bad run we went on, and I gave my all too. I was proud of us all that day, and I think the team always deserves that from us. If I thought the players had checked out, that might be different, but I've seen no sign of that.

I'm no fan of booing or putting pressure on your own players, but not all support involves gently tapping your clapper 

Nor am I, and I would ask you to kindly retract all your comments about the type of supporter you assume me to be -  you could not be more wrong, and you weaken your case with such cynicism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

First of all, I think that the word 'supporting' should need no explanation - what is it the song says? 'Through the good times and the bad, we always back the lads'? Well the team (for whatever reason one might argue) has had a bit of a rough time of it lately and have never needed vociferous backing more. Also, I don't expect you to have read any of my previous posts, but you won't catch me using the massively over-used 'embarrassing' about much to do with football, other than the appalling way the game seems to be run. 

Ah, so you think that sarcasm directed at players actually translates into criticism of KPFC? I don't. And nowhere in anything I say do I advocate relentless acceptance of anything to do with the running of the club - I simply think that, for the 90+ minutes the team is on the pitch, we do best by backing the team to the hilt. The last game I was able to attend was Middlesborough at home - the fans' efforts were fantastic on a day when little went right, and actually the first of the bad run we went on, and I gave my all too. I was proud of us all that day, and I think the team always deserves that from us. If I thought the players had checked out, that might be different, but I've seen no sign of that.

Nor am I, and I would ask you to kindly retract all your comments about the type of supporter you assume me to be -  you could not be more wrong, and you weaken your case with such cynicism.

Support - So I accurately described your view that "support" should be always positive, thanks for clarifying.

Your point about the word embarrassing is fair - My apologies it was the comment above yours that found cheering passes to our player as embarrassing not you, you simply disagreed with it. I had erroneously conflated the adjacent posts.

Sarcasm directed at players is exactly that. You've chosen to extend the point entirely out of context. You seem to suggest that criticism has a place but only whilst there's no game being played. 

You proudly cheer for the 90 minutes, possibly you think that I somehow don't?  If so you misunderstand my point entirely; I'm not arguing that there is a binary choice - cheer your side or boo your side and never change sides and always do one of them. I have made it pretty clear that I don't boo our own players and don't believe that's ever productive. 

However, in cheering that our winger got the ball, nobody has booed their players, or criticised them.... they have expressed their joy that we have moved the ball forward with some purpose, after 30 minutes of refusing to do so.

The type of supporter you are - I have made a point about cheering when a winger has received the ball  ..... You don't want any negativity expressed and have consistently made that point. I'd say I'm 98% in agreement with that. Positivity is a key element of support. But just occasionally I don't mind an ironic cheer when we play the ball forward to the man in space after 1/2 an hour of ignoring him. You don't want that to happen - you want constant positivity - a relentlessly positive supporter is fair then??

I think that constant positivity is part of the problem. Choose to be offended by that if you like, that's entirely your choice.

You're in the comfortable majority, most fans refuse to be critical and agree with you that support isn't support if it's not positive. Personally I think there's the very very rare occasion when that's not the case  - Like cheering when our defence realise we have a winger playing after 30 minutes.

It's a forum, not a court, no need to retract statements we disagree on - just discuss.

27 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Support - So I accurately described your view that "support" should be always positive, thanks for clarifying.

Your point about the word embarrassing is fair - My apologies it was the comment above yours that found cheering passes to our player as embarrassing not you, you simply disagreed with it. I had erroneously conflated the adjacent posts.

Sarcasm directed at players is exactly that. You've chosen to extend the point entirely out of context. You seem to suggest that criticism has a place but only whilst there's no game being played. 

You proudly cheer for the 90 minutes, possibly you think that I somehow don't?  If so you misunderstand my point entirely; I'm not arguing that there is a binary choice - cheer your side or boo your side and never change sides and always do one of them. I have made it pretty clear that I don't boo our own players and don't believe that's ever productive. 

However, in cheering that our winger got the ball, nobody has booed their players, or criticised them.... they have expressed their joy that we have moved the ball forward with some purpose, after 30 minutes of refusing to do so.

The type of supporter you are - I have made a point about cheering when a winger has received the ball  ..... You don't want any negativity expressed and have consistently made that point. I'd say I'm 98% in agreement with that. Positivity is a key element of support. But just occasionally I don't mind an ironic cheer when we play the ball forward to the man in space after 1/2 an hour of ignoring him. You don't want that to happen - you want constant positivity - a relentlessly positive supporter is fair then??

I think that constant positivity is part of the problem. Choose to be offended by that if you like, that's entirely your choice.

You're in the comfortable majority, most fans refuse to be critical and agree with you that support isn't support if it's not positive. Personally I think there's the very very rare occasion when that's not the case  - Like cheering when our defence realise we have a winger playing after 30 minutes.

It's a forum, not a court, no need to retract statements we disagree on - just discuss.

I'll keep this short, as you seem entirely reasonable. Again, if you've ever read my posts, you'll know that I thoroughly approve of (constructive) criticism. We can disagree on semantics, but I'd like to reassert that I'm not some gormless happy clapper - I just save my sarcasm for bad referees :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Only Leicester fans can have a Belgian international in our team in the Championship and be happy to sell him the summer. 

Of course he's made mistakes, he's human! I do wonder what some people want. Maybe a prime Nesta and Cannavaro!

Not really - a Coady or a Nelson would do. I’d have happily taken Ndidi or Justin in his position based on the run of performances prior to Norwich. People don’t want perfection, just someone slightly more solid and sensible in an important position. 

Absolutely crap. There’s hope for us all if he’s a Belgian international!

hoe many goals has this clo n cost us now?

Coady must be wondering how on earth he’s not getting a kick over Faes.