Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

backing off when the player was out wide has to be some of the worst defending i’ve ever seen. he invited him into the box with a kiss. 

Id be mad if i saw an under 10s player defending that passively. 

After the goal midweek you’d think enzo would have been into them, to get closer the man. hope he doesn’t start again this season tbqh

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

the last 2 goal have both come him getting dispossessed(millwall) and not closing down the player(plymouth)

for me his performances the last few weeks havent been upto much at all, think he should be dropped and give Coady a go,more than deserves it 

Instead of sprinting back to engage the player he jogged back and then backed off. He could have challenged for the ball near the touchline instead of inviting the player to shoot. Get rid

Another player I've backed for longer than anyone else, and have ended up looking like a total donkey. Yesterday's goal was fascinating. You'd expect under 14s to defend better.

Irony being backing off is the last type of defending you'd expect. He's normally caught diving in quickly. 

There are certain times where I've felt sorry for him, and whoevers playing left centre back. Asked to play centre back, full back, centre midfield all in one go. 

He stinks out our defence and our attacks.  What’s frustrating is seeing him get involved so high up the pitch to then occupy the space where our wingers should be if he passed first time when they were unmarked. He isn’t skilled enough, holds onto the ball too long before passing and usually ends up getting tackled and goes down leaving us open for a counter. 

Winks and Ricardo are in part to blame as they constantly bring him into these areas with their slowing down and backwards passing. 

I remember having to tell people to calm down when they were saying this guy was better than Fofana after being pasted by Spurs. I’m glad everyone is starting to see the light, he has and always will be garbage. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

I remember having to tell people to calm down when they were saying this guy was better than Fofana after being pasted by Spurs. I’m glad everyone is starting to see the light, he has and always will be garbage. 

I always agreed with you.

The Bournemouth game for me was when I started to think he was shit. Think we lost 2-0 or 2-1 at their place. 

First half of this season I thought he looks fine at this level, but he’s actually just shit. We wouldn’t concede some of the goals we do if he wasn’t playing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

I remember that game well and the reaction on here. We’d just been pasted by Tottenham, what was it? 6-1? And some on here (genuinely) argued that Wout had had a good game.

Beggars belief 

• Like 1

He's just one several players in the so-called first XI who should never have been selected yesterday. Is Enzo so thick that he can't see that we're in dire need of squad rotation as the fixtures pile up? We are heading for total disaster if he can't see it, and we'll be a laughing stock in May when it all falls apart. The manager needs to urgently review his selection process, as well as his absurd tippy-tappy 70% possession and try-to-walk-it-into-the-net tactics.    

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I always agreed with you.

The Bournemouth game for me was when I started to think he was shit. Think we lost 2-0 or 2-1 at their place. 

First half of this season I thought he looks fine at this level, but he’s actually just shit. We wouldn’t concede some of the goals we do if he wasn’t playing.

Yep i remember you and col being in the trenches with me on that one. I’m actually ashamed of my initial assessment of him being an average Premier League defender. He needs dropping for good and you’re right we’d be far better off without him. 

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I remember that game well and the reaction on here. We’d just been pasted by Tottenham, what was it? 6-1? And some on here (genuinely) argued that Wout had had a good game.

Beggars belief 

I still cant get my head around it now. Conceded 6 goals and the CB was apparently the best player on the pitch… 

• Like 2

Matt Piper summed him up perfectly, "casual arrogance".

He isn't half as good as he thinks he is, and struts around the pitch like he feels he's way better than the level he's playing at, when the reality is the opposite!

How Coady has not been brought in to replace him is gross mismanagement from Maresca.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

backing off when the player was out wide has to be some of the worst defending i’ve ever seen. he invited him into the box with a kiss. 

Id be mad if i saw an under 10s player defending that passively. 

After the goal midweek you’d think enzo would have been into them, to get closer the man. hope he doesn’t start again this season tbqh

This! I couldn’t believe the plaudits the goal got on sky! I’d back myself at 64 to score from that position with zero challenge and good view of far post! Mind you it’d have to be on the other side as I’m all left foot!

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Sunday morning defending. Attacker was always going to use his right foot 

That’s harsh on lads who play Sunday league tbh. I’ve seen defender in the Prem of the Alliance League that know not to concede the box and make the challenge out wide to nullify the danger

• Like 1

As an aside, if you're another player in the squad, perhaps a rival for the CB position, how can you have any respect for the manager when this guy has been costing us goals for months and yet is never dropped? 

I'd just add, CB is one of the areas of the team where we do actually have some decent options.

Edited by Tielemans63