Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

9 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Because every game fatawu ends up having a go at him, and being consoled by about 3 players as he heads to the tunnel. Every single game fatawu is stood alone and faes either won't look at him despite him desperately shouting for the ball, or just out right refuses and plays it back inside. 

I’m no fan of Faes, but in a must-win game, the only noise some people can muster is pisstaking.

You can tell it’s from L1 (with the shite drumming) at 2:40 here:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve just watched the extended highlights and he’s absolutely right to cup his ear to the twats in our stands.

The cheers didn’t happen a couple of times, it was every time Fatawu received the ball. Embarrassing behaviour. 

I don’t get it - why is cheering a forward pass to someone in acres of space, after consistently ignoring him, in anyway embarrassing for you?? 

6 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I don’t get it - why is cheering a forward pass to someone in acres of space, after consistently ignoring him, in anyway embarrassing for you?? 

Because it is intrinsically critical and very much the opposite of support, I suggest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

It wasn’t just once, it was constant until we equalised. Childish and crap support in a huge game. 

Also, if you are happy to do that, then don’t get upset when Faes gives some back. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’m no fan of Faes, but in a must-win game, the only noise some people can muster is pisstaking.

It wasn't just L1, it was down the stand and around the ground really. 

Rightly so aswell. It wasn't a one game thing its been going on all season. People booting off about it worked aswell. So not really sure of the issue. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

What’s wrong with letting the team know there’s an open option? Wing play ultimately won us the game…

Some of you lot need to get in therapy about how much you’re ’embarrassed’. Bet you have dreams about going to work without pants on n’all

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

What’s wrong with letting the team know there’s an open option? Wing play ultimately won us the game…

Some of you lot need to get in therapy about how much you’re ’embarrassed’. Bet you have dreams about going to work without pants on n’all

...and I bet you were one of the ones cheering on Monday. 

22 minutes ago, KFS said:

The part of the dieing atmospheres people don't want to bring up. Too busy calling people that make one cringe or embarrassing 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’ve just watched the extended highlights and he’s absolutely right to cup his ear to the twats in our stands.

The cheers didn’t happen a couple of times, it was every time Fatawu received the ball. Embarrassing behaviour. 

The ironic cheers were every time Fatawu got the ball? Presumably because he wasn't been used as much as the fans wanted - Nothing to do with Faes?

Not that I care if he was annoyed with the fans though  - Be great if he tried forcing his way out at the end of the season!

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Genuinely felt he had a great game and important influence in first two goals. He's been a bit more of a marauder of late. Ploughing up the pitch and winning the ball back high in oppo half. Really made a difference against Norwich.

He was also rightly absolutely pissed off with Daka not tracking the run for their goal. He roared which you can pick up in the highlights link.

Great game winning performance.

P.S. The ' ironic' but completely unfunny cheering re forward passing is not something we should do... Especially when it's that more considered slower play that has got us towards top of the table anyway. By all means think it in yr head but that doesn't mean you do it out loud. Embarrassing.

Edited by zealot
Replace 'both' with 'first two'

1 minute ago, zealot said:

Genuinely felt he had a great game and important influence in both goals. He's been a bit more of a marauder of late. Ploughing up the pitch and winning the ball back high in oppo half. Really made a difference against Norwich.

He was also rightly absolutely pissed off with Daka not tracking the run for their goal. He roared which you can pick up in the highlights link.

Great game winning performance.

P.S. The ' ironic' but completely unfunny cheering re forward passing is not something we should do... Especially when it's that more considered slower play that has got us towards top of the table anyway. By all means think it in yr head but that doesn't mean you do it out loud. Embarrassing.

I really hope it was a one-off and isn't repeated again on Saturday. The next seven games could define our future for many years - it's probably not the time for ironic gestures that are basically aimed at mocking the team rather than helping them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Only Leicester fans can have a Belgian international in our team in the Championship and be happy to sell him the summer. 

Of course he's made mistakes, he's human! I do wonder what some people want. Maybe a prime Nesta and Cannavaro!

I agree. I think he's been playing really well recently. Now VesterPANTS, in my view that's a different story. Both fine for Championship. I think Vestergaard needs to prove himself in the Prem though. He just doesn't have the pace nor strength anymore. Big Wes never had the pace but he made up for it in other areas especially strength and blocking. I don't think Vestergaard has that anymore.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be something that I would join in with but thought it showed poor mentality from Faes to react so blatantly to it, especially when it clearly started on the basis of Fatawu receiving the ball (Doyle played a number of passes to him, got a couple of cheers). 
Maresca also reacted in the 6th minute when there were a few groans, throwing his arms up to the section where Pearson told a fan to FOAD. I am concerned at how sensitive our manager is, very worried going forward because there are clearly tougher times ahead. Imagine if we do get promoted and the same fans are getting on his back after 4/5 or even more losses in a row, Pearson (or Cambiasso 😂) eventually managed to turn it round but even he clearly struggled beforehand, evidenced by the bizarre incidents during that season. And I adore the bloke. I think it suggests that we may need a more pragmatic manager going forward and ultimately not a good fit for the football club, during this current period. However, that decision won’t happen because King Power will only consider manager’s with a certain vision.

Nonetheless, this demonstrates to all concerned that we can influence the players and be a positive contribution towards one of a number of factors to help us win. I don’t think anyone is suggesting that the ironic cheers were the sole reason we won.

10 minutes ago, zealot said:

I agree. I think he's been playing really well recently. Now VesterPANTS, in my view that's a different story. Both fine for Championship. I think Vestergaard needs to prove himself in the Prem though. He just doesn't have the pace nor strength anymore. Big Wes never had the pace but he made up for it in other areas especially strength and blocking. I don't think Vestergaard has that anymore.

I think Faes needs to prove himself in the Premier League as well. You could argue that Vestegaard for Southampton, actually has, albeit only fit for a certain system.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I think Faes needs to prove himself in the Premier League as well. You could argue that Vestegaard for Southampton, actually has, albeit only fit for a certain system.

Fair point to a degree - except he's slower than he used to be. I just think, of the two, IF we get promoted I'd be much happier with Verstergaard leaving (than Faes).

Edited by zealot

25 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Only Leicester fans can have a Belgian international in our team in the Championship and be happy to sell him the summer. 

Of course he's made mistakes, he's human! I do wonder what some people want. Maybe a prime Nesta and Cannavaro!

Being a Beligium international doesnt make him a good player, it's his performances that define whether he is good or not. He was good the other day but a decent price for him in the summer would go amiss.

4 minutes ago, zealot said:

Fair point to a degree - except he's slower than he used to be. I just think, of the two, IF we get promoted I'd be much happier with Verstergaard leaving (than Faes).

It depends on who the manager is, if Enzo leaves then so should Vestegaard, however he is clearly crucial to the way we play under him. Otherwise, yes I’d rather keep Faes. I just don’t think he should be an automatic starter.

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Being a Beligium international doesnt make him a good player, it's his performances that define whether he is good or not. He was good the other day but a decent price for him in the summer would go amiss.

I didnt say it did but he wouldnt play regularly for a decent Belgium side if he wasn't good enough.

You've got an ageing Vestergaard and ageing Coady but you'd be happy to sell Faes?

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Did it though? Or is this an example of fans being way too self-important?

Getting the ball out wide constantly and quickly was one of the primary reasons we won that game. Norwich's fullbacks couldn't deal with Mavididi or Fatawu and keeping them pinned in meant they couldn't get forward to provide width to their extremely narrow midfield. Whether that was because the crowd encouraged it or not is a different argument.

• Like 1