Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Have you put your heating on yet?  

186 members have voted

  1. 1. Well have you?

    • No way, man
      117
    • Yes, I have, I can't take this anymore, please don't think ill of me
      69


Recommended Posts

Posted

We've not risked it and signed up for the 8p fixed rate. Hopefully won't use that much before the old one ended. Or, can you lend me a BBQ lol

Posted

We are in an unfortunate situation where our fixed rate energy deal ends in December just as the prices are gonna hike.

 

At this rate it doesn't look like our heating is gonna need turning on until November at least.

Posted
49 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

We are in an unfortunate situation where our fixed rate energy deal ends in December just as the prices are gonna hike.

 

At this rate it doesn't look like our heating is gonna need turning on until November at least.

Looks even worse in Jan. Can usually switch tariffs with your current supplier without a fee before then even though it’ll still go up

Posted
4 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

We are in an unfortunate situation where our fixed rate energy deal ends in December just as the prices are gonna hike.

 

At this rate it doesn't look like our heating is gonna need turning on until November at least.

Exactly the situation we were in. We've come off ours early and gone onto a new fix.  

 

I've no idea if it's scaremongering or realistic that it'll be 10 or 12p/kw in Jan but we've taken the gamble it will. If its not and it's actually 6p/kw we can pay to exit. 

Posted

I'm £770 in credit with Octopus and if previous winters are anything to go by we'll have burned through that by Spring.

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that our recently installed 'more efficient' (i.e. turns itself off more, making it colder) boiler will make no difference whatsoever. 

 

Gather round the dehumidifier, kids, and bask in the gentle flow of its 2 degrees above ambient temperature output

Posted
8 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

bloody cold today aint it and i'm someone who usually loves being cold!!!! MAD

Its arctic. BUT is it because we've had about 120 days over 20C and now its about 14!!

Posted
5 minutes ago, Raj said:

Its arctic. BUT is it because we've had about 120 days over 20C and now its about 14!!

Reckon ive got a few months until its coat weather outside.

 

First winter with a heat pump for us, as long as it stay turned off then I will be happy with it I reckon.

Posted
8 hours ago, Raj said:

Its arctic. BUT is it because we've had about 120 days over 20C and now its about 14!!

It's all about perspective and you're right, cos it's been unusually warm for so long, 14 feels cold, when it's probably closer to average.

 

For instance, if it was 14°C in January, I doubt anyone would be going round saying it's freezing, they'd be feeling like maybe spring has come early.

 

If you're freezing at 14°C... There's no hope for you. It's going to get A LOT colder before the year is out.

  • Like 1
Posted

Definitely depends what you get used to I agree.

 

It's 20 degrees here this morning, and it feels cold. My fleece has made it's first appearance of the autumn. 

 

20 degrees in October in the UK would have felt warm to me I'm sure

Posted
2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Definitely depends what you get used to I agree.

 

It's 20 degrees here this morning, and it feels cold. My fleece has made it's first appearance of the autumn. 

 

20 degrees in October in the UK would have felt warm to me I'm sure

@Bellend Sebastian @Trav Le Bleu and @Izzy would have their nuts out in October if it was 20C!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Posted
17 hours ago, Raj said:

Its arctic. BUT is it because we've had about 120 days over 20C and now its about 14!!

A lot is the sudden change and it is perspective, especially this year. I always find the first part of autumn feels really cold, in January, if it's 14c we'll not think it's cold. It's just now, it's quite a drop in temperature. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

It's all about perspective and you're right, cos it's been unusually warm for so long, 14 feels cold, when it's probably closer to average.

 

For instance, if it was 14°C in January, I doubt anyone would be going round saying it's freezing, they'd be feeling like maybe spring has come early.

 

If you're freezing at 14°C... There's no hope for you. It's going to get A LOT colder before the year is out.

If my shower room is atc14 degrees I'm defo heating it up. My nipples and nutsack will agree.

 

 

Edited by Parafox

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...