Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 22/23

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

There are too many good/big sides in the Conference now. We need more than one promotion spot per season.

It's mental that Notts County, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Oldham, Southend, York are all in the same division and it's non league!

There’s two spots like. 

Some of those clubs have been terribly mismanaged - they belong there 

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

There’s two spots like. 

It doesn't change the fact that circumstances have massively changed now and there are so many top teams at that level. You could essentially call it League Three now. It's national, almost every team is pro. It makes no sense to have a bottle neck there anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

It doesn't change the fact that circumstances have massively changed now and there are so many top teams at that level. You could essentially call it League Three now. It's national, almost every team is pro. It makes no sense to have a bottle neck there anymore.

Circumstances have changed but it also works against  the other - having a bottle neck acts as a guard against Rushden & Diamonds esque cash clubs or certainly makes much much harder for them. 

I think it prepares clubs far better for the step up rather than coming up hopelessly unprepared and having to throw huge sums of money into their ground/organisational levels. This happens in other countries and teams go pop quickly 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Circumstances have changed but it also works against  the other - having a bottle neck acts as a guard against Rushden & Diamonds esque cash clubs or certainly makes much much harder for them. 

I think it prepares clubs far better for the step up rather than coming up hopelessly unprepared and having to throw huge sums of money into their ground/organisational levels. This happens in other countries and teams go pop quickly 

I'd disagree at this point. I just can't see the negatives to having 2 automatic spots and play off spot. As I say, most clubs are full time and a lot of them up there have the set up already. Clubs have the option to turn down promotion if needs be as well. 

If you combined the two leagues, I'd fancy at least half of the current VNL teams to finish in the top half.

I do agree that you want to prevent clubs from putting themselves at financial peril by owners with ambitions that exceed the deepness of their pockets. That should come from a separate process that identifies whether the club can afford to make the necessary developments. I don't think the vast majority of well run clubs should be punished by having this bottle neck, when the league themselves could do the work to make sure that it's financially viable for a club from the National League to join them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

There’s two spots like. 

I know that but it could essentially be added into the football league. Most clubs are full time.

On 19/10/2022 at 07:53, Fox92 said:

There are too many good/big sides in the Conference now. We need more than one promotion spot per season.

It's mental that Notts County, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Oldham, Southend, York are all in the same division and it's non league!

They should just regionalize League 2 into a North and South and bring the mostly professional National League into League football. It would make the League Cup more fun, cut down on travel costs in League 2, and better reflect the reality that the upper tier of "non-League" doesn't really fit the description.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2022 at 16:24, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah I thought that would of got on. Loads of games could of been picked over the Wrexham game 

Saw this elsewhere:

Final list for TV

Below is the schedule of matches confirmed for extended highlights, overseas broadcast and single or multi camera footage.

Saturday 5 November 2022 - 3pm
AFC Fylde v Gillingham – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Chippenham Town v Lincoln City – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Buxton v Merthyr Town – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Weymouth v AFC Wimbledon – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Gateshead v Stevenage – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Burton Albion v Needham Market – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Chesterfield v Northampton Town – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Cheltenham Town v Alvechurch – Single camera footage for clips/highlights
Charlton Athletic v Coalville Town – Overseas Broadcast

The FA fee applicable for the above coverage is £5,000 per Club.

Sunday 6 November 2022 - 2pm
Curzon Ashton v Cambridge United – BBC Extended Highlights
Woking v Oxford United– BBC Extended Highlights

• Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Im ****ing gutted I'm on holiday for the Charlton game after going all of the previous rounds. 

Wonder if it will be on TV in Vietnam? Now that would be ****ing hilarious lol

I believe it’s on 10play in Australia - this is a free to air channel so if you’ve got a VPN you should be able to access the game through the app.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I believe it’s on 10play in Australia - this is a free to air channel so if you’ve got a VPN you should be able to access the game through the app.

Hoping to watch it in a bar with all the other Vietnam based Coalville fans..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...