Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 22/23

Massive congrats to the teams the teams that got an upset today!

Was disappointed with how we approached the game. The first half was everything we arent, so passive. If rather take a 10-0 pasting and get men forwards than sit in and do nothing.

Anyway, the run was superb. Scalps against Macclesfield and notts county. Fans were top notch today and hopefully a few more turn up to games.

Thank you Mr Rennocks and Stevens. Great club to feel a part of and now we focus on the league (and FA Trophy)

• Like 1

Can't really complain but thought Coalville hurt themselves a bit in the game 

That free kick where we absolutely should have got it in the mixer was key for me, such a waste with a bad outcome. 

Onto the league, hopefully we can stay up there. 

7 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Can't really complain but thought Coalville hurt themselves a bit in the game 

That free kick where we absolutely should have got it in the mixer was key for me, such a waste with a bad outcome. 

Onto the league, hopefully we can stay up there. 

It was an interesting choice of free kick wasn't it lol 

Hopefully we take that experience gained from playing teams like Notts County and Charlton and use that to our advantage over the rest of the season. Also if we could sign a top Keeper and CB with the FA Cup money that'd really help the cause.

21 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Stearman just came on as a sub for Derby, makes you feel old when you remember him being a youngster breaking through here at Leicester.

Makes you feel even older if you remember playing Kwik Cricket with him back in the day...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Cup draw live from Wrexham.  The love in for them is unreal.

The BBC sport page has wheelchair rugby on instead of the FA Cup draw lol 

EDIT: just realised I was too late to it lol 

Edited by StanSP

Bracknell vs Ipswich as expected. Good tbh. I am biased as I'm a fan of Ipswich but having lived in that area it's full of middle class bores who think the football is for the working classes. See Reading fans, shite. Cameras panning in on a young Bracknell 'fan' wearing a Man Utd shirt says it all. 

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Bit gutted for Alvechurch. Drawing a League One team who be lucky to have 2k home always turn up. Only thing is they’ve been as bad as Cheltenham this season 

I thought the same. Unless it's Ipswich, Wednesday or Derby away then you may as well have a home tie  and and hope for a win and a chance to play a Prem team.

It'll probably feel like a home game for Alvechurch if they can take 2,000+ there. Best of luck to them, it'll be great to see some representation from our level in the 3rd round. I was gutted for Marine when they made it and had to play Spurs behind closed doors.