Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 22/23

The FA Cup fourth qualifying round match between Anstey Nomads and Chesterfield will be shown on the BBC.

The match, which kicks off at 12:30 BST on Saturday, 15 October, will be live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website and app.

Anstey are in the ninth tier of English football and have already won five ties to reach this round.

Chesterfield, who were FA Cup semi-finalists in 1997, are currently fourth in the National League, the fifth tier.

The winner will progress to the first round proper, where League One and League Two sides join the competition, with the draw taking place live on BBC Two on Monday, 17 October at 19:00.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

The FA Cup fourth qualifying round match between Anstey Nomads and Chesterfield will be shown on the BBC.

The match, which kicks off at 12:30 BST on Saturday, 15 October, will be live on BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport website and app.

Anstey are in the ninth tier of English football and have already won five ties to reach this round.

Chesterfield, who were FA Cup semi-finalists in 1997, are currently fourth in the National League, the fifth tier.

The winner will progress to the first round proper, where League One and League Two sides join the competition, with the draw taking place live on BBC Two on Monday, 17 October at 19:00.

I really wanted to watch this, but will be at the King Power. I hope the Nomads pull it off.

33 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I really wanted to watch this, but will be at the King Power. I hope the Nomads pull it off.

Mrs G is going to listen to the Leicester match on the radio whilst watching the Nomads with the sound off so she can imagine our game is exciting.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Folk will be in for a shock with the BBC coverage at Nomads. Will be a single camera with no replays 

Just like the real thing then. Far to many replays shown these days of nothing events whilst the game is still in progress.

TV coverage is crap with constant views of managers, coaches, subs bench, subs warming up, the search for a fan enjoying the match etc.

Plenty of TV possibilities for this round- Ipswich at Bracknell, Portsmouth at Hereford, Derby at Torquay or Hampton and Richmond, possible Wrexham v Chester, Curzon Ashton v Cambridge.

Naturally they'll choose Sheff Weds v Morecambe.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Phenomenal draw for Coalville away at Charlton. Will surely be live in TV around the world. 

Probably not as it’s away.

A lot of Non league sides are at time to league opposition.

South Shields v Forest Green Rovers
Curzon Ashton v Cambridge
Bracknell v Ipswich
Hereford v Portsmouth
Weymouth v AFC Wimbledon
Torquay/Hampton & Richmond v Derby

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I think I can say on behalf of football that hopefully Wrexham and Chester progress their respective qualifying ties and end up playing each other lol

Watched that derby at Wrexham back in 2013. Great day out but a bad day to try and order a pre-match pint in an English accent!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

No issues with the result. 

Just focusing on the season and trying to stay up top.

It's been nice how supportive and nice Notts County fans have been in general about the result. As you say, it looks like a genuine chance to push for promotion this season, so it's one less distraction to contend with.

They really need to add another 1 or 2 promotion spots between National League and League Two. I'd rate that the top 6-8 VNL teams would probably be better than the bottom 6-8 teams in league two at this point anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

It's been nice how supportive and nice Notts County fans have been in general about the result. As you say, it looks like a genuine chance to push for promotion this season, so it's one less distraction to contend with.

They really need to add another 1 or 2 promotion spots between National League and League Two. I'd rate that the top 6-8 VNL teams would probably be better than the bottom 6-8 teams in league two at this point anyway.

Notts County fans are generally OK. It's those other dimwits from across the Trent!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, filbertway said:

There are too many good/big sides in the Conference now. We need more than one promotion spot per season.

It's mental that Notts County, Chesterfield, Scunthorpe, Oldham, Southend, York are all in the same division and it's non league!

• Like 1