Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Which Leicester players would you like to see sold/ sent on loan to Wigan?

Now that it’s been confirmed that Kolo  has been appointed their boss and that our  senior Youth Coach  ( congrats Ashvir!) has been appointed  the first team coach there, it’s natural to talk about what players might end up there.

who would you like to see loaned there?  

They have  a manager and coach now who are well experienced in “ the Leicester way”  and so I think we’d be willing to let people go there as they know how we’d expect them to be looked after.

need to be realistic- they can’t afford vesty’s  or Bertrand’s wages before anyone asks!!!!

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

Only Braybrooke I think from the current lot who I think could go to Wigan and maybe play regularly

With Thomas if we loaned him out it should be to someone competing at the other end of the Championship, depending on our January dealings he may get plenty of football with us the 2nd half of the season anyway, and even then we still probably shouldn’t loan him out due to our lack of depth at full back

None of those out on loan I think could go to a Championship team and play regularly at the moment either as they are all struggling to even play regularly in League One / Two

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody. They're in a relegation battle. We don't want players going out for that.

new manager bounce?

luckily we don’t have to make the decision now. If the new manager picks up 2-3 wins they’ll be looking up not down..

It largely depends on what they need… let’s be honest we’ve had enough loan issues to realise that we need to be sure our boys will start games. 

Braybrooke would walk into almost any championship team imo but the others will have to just be a good fit. I’m not sure where they are lacking and where they have established players. 

47 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Nobody. Toure is surely part of the 'Leicester way' we don't want any of our younger players getting used to. Surely they'd be better suited with a more established and experienced manager.

this doesn’t even make sense.  Rodgers wouldn’t have employed him if he didn’t rate him as a coach and would have got rid years ago if he was rubbish.. and I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have the job if Rodgers hadn’t have chatted first to the Wigan board and reccomended him..

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been told Braybrooke is now considered 1st team material and I'd be surprised if he's loaned out.

id say it’s the other way round… he’s clearly on the fringes of the team and he’s only going to get consecutive games  if he goes out on loan.. similar situation to Harvey Barnes all those years ago. Half a season in the champ did him the world of good. Odd cup game here and there isn’t going to develop him.

Edited by MPH

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

id say it’s the other way round… he’s clearly on the fringes of the team and he’s only going to get consecutive games  if he goes out on loan.. similar situation to Harvey Barnes all those years ago. Half a season in the champ did him the world of good. Odd cup game here and there isn’t going to develop him.

I was thinking about Sammy going straight into the 1st team environment myself. Nothing wrong with blooding our best youngest amd brightest but with Sammy and the way he plays its almost as if that won't bother him. 

Add onto that the fact that our defensive back line is going to be reduced by at least 2x squad players by summer.

19 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I was thinking about Sammy going straight into the 1st team environment myself. Nothing wrong with blooding our best youngest amd brightest but with Sammy and the way he plays its almost as if that won't bother him. 

Add onto that the fact that our defensive back line is going to be reduced by at least 2x squad players by summer.

I do understand what people are saying about him but he would need consecutive games to develop and he’s a midfielder so won’t be affected by defensive shortcomings.. I just think he’s got a few ahead of him and if we well Praet then fair enough we might keep Sammy but I’d rather he go somewhere and get consecutive games and kick on.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I do understand what people are saying about him but he would need consecutive games to develop and he’s a midfielder so won’t be affected by defensive shortcomings.. I just think he’s got a few ahead of him and if we well Praet then fair enough we might keep Sammy but I’d rather he go somewhere and get consecutive games and kick on.

I think he'll get the games. Praet will go as well as tielemans. Maddison I'm hoping will stay. I've watched him in the development games and saw the talent he has. Perhaps he should or shouldn't be sent on loan but if we did loan him then we need to factor in his contract running out in 18 months time and what if he tears up the championship and moves straight for a bigger club? I'd rather nurture him in the first team and in/around any new players we recruit. Maybe we'll see him in Tielemans holding role without the need to further recruit in the short term. He's spent quite a while already in and around the first team and if that wasn't the case then I'd he a bit more hesitant.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

this doesn’t even make sense.  Rodgers wouldn’t have employed him if he didn’t rate him as a coach and would have got rid years ago if he was rubbish.. and I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have the job if Rodgers hadn’t have chatted first to the Wigan board and reccomended him..

It does make sense, the Leicester way currently is the Rodgers way, which is what Kolo will have been influenced by. The Rodgers way has been poor and dull for a long long time despite the recent upturn in results. Whether that's because some of his philosophies has been sacrificed or influenced by the new coach who knows. 

50 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It does make sense, the Leicester way currently is the Rodgers way, which is what Kolo will have been influenced by. The Rodgers way has been poor and dull for a long long time despite the recent upturn in results. Whether that's because some of his philosophies has been sacrificed or influenced by the new coach who knows. 

And yet we keep producing youngsters ready for the first team. Better for him to go be a player at the team who’s new first team coach was his youth team manager than someone who doesn’t know what makes him tick?

Edited by MPH

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been told Braybrooke is now considered 1st team material and I'd be surprised if he's loaned out.

I guarantee 6 months starting for Wigan would be way more beneficial than sitting on the bench watching the start of his career pass him by.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Foxestalk: Kolo Toure is largely responsible for our terrible defence! 

Also Foxestalk: let's loan him one of our young defenders to develop! 

o63vh.jpg?a463512

If you’re talking about Sammy Braybrooke, he’s a midfielder isn’t he?