Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

14 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I need to know how bad it has to be for Jordan to want the manager sacked.

Incredible 

Edit: or anyone that supports Rodgers at this stage - nothing personal to Jordan lol

He still doesn’t want him gone?!

16 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Incredible 

Edit: or anyone that supports Rodgers at this stage - nothing personal to Jordan lol

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Using @Ric Flair toad analogy, does that make Jordan the king of the toads 👑🐸 🤣

Hahahahaaa the interesting thing is when you speak to Jord about Leicester, he puts his points across so well that you can identify with a lot of it. He's one of the most level headed and articulate speakers on Leicester, he manages to do it with more rationale than I thought was possible!

However, there's far too much gone on now. I understand its more deep rooted than just Brendan's fault but given we have to start somewhere and new managers are often the shot in the arm then it's the end of the road for Brendan.

Loyalty and ignorance is going to put us in financial ruin and watching Quest on a Saturday evening for the foreseeable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaaa the interesting thing is when you speak to Jord about Leicester, he puts his points across so well that you can identify with a lot of it. He's one of the most level headed and articulate speakers on Leicester, he manages to do it with more rationale than I thought was possible!

However, there's far too much gone on now. I understand its more deep rooted than just Brendan's fault but given we have to start somewhere and new managers are often the shot in the arm then it's the end of the road for Brendan.

Loyalty and ignorance is going to put us in financial ruin and watching Quest on a Saturday evening for the foreseeable. 

Completely agree, Jordan does speak really well and his reasons are sensible and well explained. 

• Like 1

This is not the mood or morale I wanted to be in when I joined this podcast. I feel last night was the first time the football club has effected me so much that I couldn't even try and be funny.

Poor from me and due to technical difficulties and other responsibilities during the recording, I went nowhere near as mad as I am feeling. Jake, Jack and Jord did a fine job churning through the turmoil though.

PODS UP, LEICESTER ARE DOWN

2 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Incredible 

Yeah, I'm completely out of patience with these people now. They need to take their portion of the blame for where this club are heading. It's not funny anymore, these public are completely complicit in our demise. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Yeah, I'm completely out of patience with these people now. They need to take their portion of the blame for where this club are heading. It's not funny anymore, these public are completely complicit in our demise. 

Football is a game of opinions! 

Also, not sure they have anything to do with the fact Rodgers hasn't been sacked. Rodgers hasn't been sacked because Top is a wetty, not because people like Jordan want to give him more time. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

This has made laugh. How on earth is it his fault 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Football is a game of opinions! 

Also, not sure they have anything to do with the fact Rodgers hasn't been sacked. Rodgers hasn't been sacked because Top is a wetty, not because people like Jordan want to give him more time. 

1 hour ago, BSLBPod said:

This has made laugh. How on earth is it his fault 🤣

Okay, I have two choices here...

I either double-down on a very sweeping, irrational, emotional post-defeat statement or retract it... 

I'm going somewhere in between. 

If the supporters acknowledge the problem and turn up the heat on the manager, it makes the manager's position more and untenable. Granted, the decision is ultimately that of the owner, the CEO, board etc. but when a support turns on the manager, the writing is usually on the wall. When there are people in the away end at Forest actively suppressing those showing their discontent and trying to impose what little power they have to influence the decision makers at the club then it reinforces this sense of security for those who hold powerful positions at the club. 

What worries me about this relegation battle is that we are up against clubs like Leeds, Everton and West Ham who have fan bases that have shown that they are prepared to burn the house if neccessary and then we have Forest, who have a fanbase completely behind their manager and have established a real siege mentality. What we have is a cesspit of apathy. I strongly believe that we have wasted the past year with Rodgers as our manager and I am completely perplexed as to how anyone that watches us every week can still defend him. 

• Like 4

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Okay, I have two choices here...

I either double-down on a very sweeping, irrational, emotional post-defeat statement or retract it... 

I'm going somewhere in between. 

If the supporters acknowledge the problem and turn up the heat on the manager, it makes the manager's position more and untenable. Granted, the decision is ultimately that of the owner, the CEO, board etc. but when a support turns on the manager, the writing is usually on the wall. When there are people in the away end at Forest actively suppressing those showing their discontent and trying to impose what little power they have to influence the decision makers at the club then it reinforces this sense of security for those who hold powerful positions at the club. 

What worries me about this relegation battle is that we are up against clubs like Leeds, Everton and West Ham who have fan bases that have shown that they are prepared to burn the house if neccessary and then we have Forest, who have a fanbase completely behind their manager and have established a real siege mentality. What we have is a cesspit of apathy. I strongly believe that we have wasted the past year with Rodgers as our manager and I am completely perplexed as to how anyone that watches us every week can still defend him. 

That is a totally fair post.

We don't really have a lot to us, on the pitch, in the dugout, at boardroom level or in the stands. 

Just now, BenTheFox said:

If the supporters acknowledge the problem and turn up the heat on the manager, it makes the manager's position more and untenable.

And create a toxic atmosphere that will negatively effect the players and eat away at their confidence, possibly throwing away a few games in the process when we need points. And even then, the board might not give you what you want. 

Or, we could go support the team, and leave the decision makers to do their jobs (even if you disagree), or make your concerns known at full-time if you feel you're really obliged to. 

I have faith we'll stay up. We've got a select few individuals who will save us this season. But we need to get our act together in the summer otherwise we're going to continue going in this direction. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pete52 said:

And create a toxic atmosphere that will negatively effect the players and eat away at their confidence, possibly throwing away a few games in the process when we need points. And even then, the board might not give you what you want. 

Or, we could go support the team, and leave the decision makers to do their jobs (even if you disagree), or make your concerns known at full-time if you feel you're really obliged to. 

I have faith we'll stay up. We've got a select few individuals who will save us this season. But we need to get our act together in the summer otherwise we're going to continue going in this direction. 

You can do both. Full throttle support during the game and show your discontent at the end. This is exactly what I did away at Forest, I aired my grievance when the result was beyond doubt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Loving all the Graham Torrington references. Podcast needs a 'Midnight Matchmaker' feature imo.

I'm trying to get Torrington on the podcast, my poetic influence is heavily based on the calming words of wisdom of Graham growing up.

What that man doesn't know about heartache, love and fulfillment isn't worth fcukin knowing. 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm trying to get Torrington on the podcast, my poetic influence is heavily based on the calming words of wisdom of Graham growing up.

What that man doesn't know about heartache, love and fulfillment isn't worth fcukin knowing. 

As I read this the theme music to his 'late night love' show started in my head.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Started listening recently to these. I was put off by the name but knowing Jord I knew it would be decent. Keep them up

I assumed the name was ironic however I don't think they have had a single female voice on so maybe not...

Apart from a few things (like the 'presentation' in the last ep which was basically unlistenable) I am generally enjoying it though.

• Like 1

Good pod and glad they're finally on Apple! Usually steer away from pods with more than two presenters as people just talk over each other and butt-in which is really jarring. Not an issue here though, everyone is given time to get their points across.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oasisedup said:

I assumed the name was ironic however I don't think they have had a single female voice on so maybe not...

Apart from a few things (like the 'presentation' in the last ep which was basically unlistenable) I am generally enjoying it though.

We were supposed to be having Laura Woods on and I'd even done her a poem but she sadly didn't make it on. Will try and be more inclusive going forwards though. 

Can you expand on the last bit about the presentation, as in the way we presented that episode of the pod was off or a particular bit of it? My connection was the absolute pits and I was causing the rest of the lads some issues as I was on a delay.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We were supposed to be having Laura Woods on and I'd even done her a poem but she sadly didn't make it on. Will try and be more inclusive going forwards though. 

Can you expand on the last bit about the presentation, as in the way we presented that episode of the pod was off or a particular bit of it? My connection was the absolute pits and I was causing the rest of the lads some issues as I was on a delay.

Cheers Ric, I meant the actual presentation from Jack on why we were definitely getting relegated. I get it was meant to be tongue in cheek, just found it a bit grating.

No issues from me re your connection and like I said I am enjoying it generally.

2 hours ago, Oasisedup said:

I'd had 4 beers...sorry.