Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

FFS what do you expect the manager to do? 

I don't know maybe like was said the players should be good enough to beat Blackburn they are not being coached properly you can play armarty just don't make him pass out from the back adapt to the players you have it's not hard 

• Like 1

Guys @ BBLP - have you seen the recent Vestergaard interview.? He says Brendan started ringing him 18 months before he actually signed trying to persuade him to join Leicester. The story is pitched from the JV pov - after such an energetic pursuit, the Dane can’t understand why he was sidelined so quickly and so comprehensively. 

I think this is highly relevant. At the time , Evans missed the start of the season (after limping off after 30 or so in the Cup Final), Soyuncu had had a torrid Euros and Fofana picked up a serious injury preseason. Justin was injured.

We needed a sure fire starting centre back. So to spend £15-m on a defender who wasn’t good enough/didn’t suit our style,  was a catastrophic error.

And remember every time our calamitous defending was raised, it was attributed to our injuries. All that time a £15m, PL experienced, international centre back sat out virtually the whole season on the bench. 

My point is not to advocate for Vestergaard, but that the calamitous decision to sigh him and not someone else, seems to rest with the manager. So much for his not being supported. 

• Like 1

Nobody pointed out that BR has the best facilities in Europe to train and improve these fringe players who all of a sudden have turned to absolute shit. 

He's getting nothing out of these facilities and it's a failure. 

Also his signing of Vesty and his ignoring of Soyoncu meaning he has to play Amartey. 

These issues with fringe players are partly his own doing. It's not a good enough argument to just say they aren't good enough and that we lost because we played them. 

• Like 3

One of the biggest parts about managing a squad is making sure the squad players who come in for games like this have a real incentive to play well to get in the team. No one playing against Blackburn who isn't a first 11 player thinks a good performance is going to earn them a place for the weekend.

Iverson had 4 clean sheets and never got in. Amartey knows his place is gone to Souttar, Soumare knows what he is now. The list goes on. The whole management and the situation with no signings has just ruined us for years to come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

Guys @ BBLP - have you seen the recent Vestergaard interview.? He says Brendan started ringing him 18 months before he actually signed trying to persuade him to join Leicester. The story is pitched from the JV pov - after such an energetic pursuit, the Dane can’t understand why he was sidelined so quickly and so comprehensively. 

I think this is highly relevant. At the time , Evans missed the start of the season (after limping off after 30 or so in the Cup Final), Soyuncu had had a torrid Euros and Fofana picked up a serious injury preseason. Justin was injured.

We needed a sure fire starting centre back. So to spend £15-m on a defender who wasn’t good enough/didn’t suit our style,  was a catastrophic error.

And remember every time our calamitous defending was raised, it was attributed to our injuries. All that time a £15m, PL experienced, international centre back sat out virtually the whole season on the bench. 

My point is not to advocate for Vestergaard, but that the calamitous decision to sigh him and not someone else, seems to rest with the manager. So much for his not being supported. 

Yes we have. We thought about discussing it but I'm not sure i believe a word the herbert says. He's had plenty of chances to go and hasn't taken them so we're ignoring the woe is me shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Nobody pointed out that BR has the best facilities in Europe to train and improve these fringe players who all of a sudden have turned to absolute shit. 

Has anyone objective actually said they're the best in Europe? 

52 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

Has anyone objective actually said they're the best in Europe? 

It's commonly referred to as being the best because its one of the newest, shiniest and the amount it cost. It's certainly not brought any tangible benefits yet but it's arrived at a time we've had relentless injuries over the last few years and a drop off in almost anything remotely positive.

I realise they first moved in a few months before we won the FA Cup but I think these facilities need to be utilised by a complete overhaul of everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

It will be interesting to see if any other players gob off about him, very rare it happens but old Vesty seems to feel massively wronged 😂😂

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's commonly referred to as being the best because its one of the newest, shiniest and the amount it cost. It's certainly not brought any tangible benefits yet but it's arrived at a time we've had relentless injuries over the last few years and a drop off in almost anything remotely positive.

I realise they first moved in a few months before we won the FA Cup but I think these facilities need to be utilised by a complete overhaul of everything.

Ideally we'll realise we need to hire elite staff who will be able to make most use of it.

At the minute it's like buying a top of the range car and then hiring some p*ssed up tramp to drive you around in it and use as he wishes.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It will be interesting to see if any other players gob off about him, very rare it happens but old Vesty seems to feel massively wronged 😂😂

I reckon Cags will go to town on him once he's signed for Madrid

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is my favourite pod at the moment, I actually like the level headed approach, it calms my completely irrational hatred for Brendan and helps restore some logical thinking Big fan of @Ric Flair. Appearances too! Keep it up guys! 

Agree. It is a top class podcast.

I was very pleased that there was a midweek special after the sh1tshow on Tuesday - was extremely cathartic listening!

Well done to all those involved. @Ric Flair is an excellent addition - he really cracks me up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree. It is a top class podcast.

I was very pleased that there was a midweek special after the sh1tshow on Tuesday - was extremely cathartic listening!

Well done to all those involved. @Ric Flair is an excellent addition - he really cracks me up!

Yea, it was an excellent listen. I like how all the views are welcome, and there’s no “you’re wrong and I’m right” nonsense. You can see yourself going for a beer with the lads on it too! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BSLBPod said:

Yes we have. We thought about discussing it but I'm not sure i believe a word the herbert says. He's had plenty of chances to go and hasn't taken them so we're ignoring the woe is me shit.

It’s a funny story  to invent …and I don’t think it is “woe is me” …he’s basically saying he was persuaded to come over a longer period than it took to sideline him once he got here …it’s a very significant transfer - we needed a Brendan-style centre back - the fact we didn’t get one seems to be down to errrrrr….Brendan. It’s the reason last season was a write off, he’s one of the reasons there was no sumner refresh…and as Amartey struggles, Evans is injured, Souttar rested, he still doesn’t play …

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Yea, it was an excellent listen. I like how all the views are welcome, and there’s no “you’re wrong and I’m right” nonsense. You can see yourself going for a beer with the lads on it too! 

We'll be arranging some BSLB swigs and also a live podcast down the pub at the end of the season. 

You're all invited.

• Like 2

Love the podcast! Some imminent topics for discussion include our current goalie situation. I believe we're at Defcon 5, with all alarm bells ringing.

Will we look to sign a new goalie in the upcoming summer transfer window, and if so, what are some interesting options we could explore? Alternatively, will we rely on Iversen, even though Rodgers appears to favor Ward over him? Or will we stick with Ward, which only makes sense if the club has aspirations of League One football.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We'll be arranging to BSLB swigs and also a live podcast down the pub at the end of the season. 

You're all invited.

I’m only coming if you walk into the pub with Kurt Angle’s walk on music blaring out

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lanefox said:

I've listened to every episode and it's so sobering to hear opinions of level headed Leicester fans rather than the cesspool that is foxestalk at times

I'd like to think I'm the antidote to the level headedness though 😂😂😂