Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

18 hours ago, Ricey said:

Loving the pod @BSLBPod but please can you change the badge in your logo to the current one. It shouldn't bother me, but it does.

We're on it - if it's any consolation it looks like i've taken something so i've never been comfortable with it. My mother doesn't approve.

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'm afraid for the most part it has done. The last caller the best by a mile.

I think it explains a hell of a lot though. Our fanbase are in turmoil / confusion about what's needed. In times like this for many it's tempting to be conforted by the past and nostalgia.

The only thing I hark back to the past on is food, why on earth did they stop making turkey twizzlers?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

No worries appreciated the invite and thoroughly enjoyed it. Podcast is superb 👏🏼👏🏼

Meant to say, when we had a bloke turn up with a thick Lancashire accent I thought we'd been pranked. What's the Leicester connection?

Had visions of the Knockaert Radio Leicester prank from a few years ago. lol

• Haha 1

Out of interest, did anyone else hear the radio Leicester podcast the Thursday after the Man United game when they had David Nugent on, and he had been working on thar game fir overseas tv, and said that he was talking to someone after the game, and was told that Maddison is having injections for his knee before games, to get him through it. If that is right, that is a massive concern going forward, because without Maddison we are in big trouble.

• Like 2

Enjoyed the podcast on my run this morning. Thought the first callers must have splinters after the call for sitting on the fence. 
Think the Amartey criticism of his technical ability is lazy. He’s actually got quite good technique, it’s what is his head that isn’t good enough. I also don’t understand why you weren’t questioning the omission of Soyuncu, Amartey shouldn’t be playing because this guy is better!

The comparisons between Forest fa cup line up and the Blackburn line up, missed the denominator that they were managed by Rodgers. He shouldn’t have played Ward against Forest, and both line ups were good enough to beat their opponents regardless.

I also think there should be calls for Stowell to take charge or someone of that ilk. Fundamentally the players are good enough and that is down to the manager.

Thought Ric Flair was superb with his points on Rodgers out and I agreed with his statement that we will go down if he stays. We can’t do a relegation battle, so if it’s close, we’ve got no chance.

I really enjoy the podcast. I hope it continues to evolve.

Edited by westernpark
Clarification
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Enjoyed the podcast on my run this morning. Thought the first callers must have splinters after the call for sitting on the fence. 
Think the Amartey criticism of his technical ability is lazy. He’s actually got quite good technique, it’s what is his head that isn’t good enough. I also don’t understand why you weren’t questioning the omission of Soyuncu, Amartey shouldn’t be playing because this guy is better!

The comparisons between Forest fa cup line up and the Blackburn line up, missed the denominator that they were managed by Rodgers. He shouldn’t have played Ward against Forest, and both line ups were good enough to beat their opponents regardless.

I also think there should be calls for Stowell to take charge or someone of that ilk. Fundamentally the players are good enough and that is down to the manager.

Thought Ric Flair was superb with his points on Rodgers out and I agreed with his statement that we will go down if he stays. We can’t do a relegation battle, so if it’s close, we’ve got no chance.

I really enjoy the podcast. I hope it continues to evolve.

I'm Brendan out as much as the next person, but we've left it too late to make a change (even temporarily). As much as I like Stowell, we are in a relegation battle even if we want to admit it or not and I don't have the confidence that Stowell could keep us up.

I hope Brendan pulls it out the bag but my concern is that if he does, the club is naive enough to stick with him going into next season.

Ideal situation now is that we stay up and part company in the summer, or we sack him now and pray whatever happens we stay up.

Edited by Rusko187

32 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Out of interest, did anyone else hear the radio Leicester podcast the Thursday after the Man United game when they had David Nugent on, and he had been working on thar game fir overseas tv, and said that he was talking to someone after the game, and was told that Maddison is having injections for his knee before games, to get him through it. If that is right, that is a massive concern going forward, because without Maddison we are in big trouble.

Didn't hear that pal, but it is indeed a huge worry. Without Maddison we are relegated. Our points total without him this season are clear evidence.

11 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I'm Brendan out as much as the next person, but we've left it too late to make a change (even temporarily). As much as I like Stowell, we are in a relegation battle even if we want to admit it or not and I don't have the confidence that Stowell could keep us up.

I hope Brendan pulls it out the bag but my concern is that if he does, the club is naive enough to stick with him going into next season.

Ideal situation now is that we stay up and part company in the summer, or we sack him now and pray whatever happens we stay up.

Yes it's late and ideally not Stowell, but in my opinion we're going down with Rodgers anyway.

13 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I find it very hard to park this planned separation. If he's no longer the man for us and it's as toxic and rotten as some of us believe it is, then just putting up with it for a set period of time is still hard to stomach.

Yes in an ideal scenario there's still enough of a working relationship between all parties that we stay up under him and then with no damage done to the immediate future of the club we shake hands and both embark on new era's. However, we aren't in a comfortable position and I'm also not phased by the difficulty of who would come in to replace him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I find it very hard to park this planned separation. If he's no longer the man for us and it's as toxic and rotten as some of us believe it is, then just putting up with it for a set period of time is still hard to stomach.

Yes in an ideal scenario there's still enough of a working relationship between all parties that we stay up under him and then with no damage done to the immediate future of the club we shake hands and both embark on new era's. However, we aren't in a comfortable position and I'm also not phased by the difficulty of who would come in to replace him. 

The replacement even temporary makes me nervous, but we could get a bounce and fly up the league. I want him gone asap but with there not even being the slightest bit of noise, suggests to me this is not even on the clubs radar.

We're probably closer to extending his contract then sacking him knowing our board.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't hear that pal, but it is indeed a huge worry. Without Maddison we are relegated. Our points total without him this season are clear evidence.

Well I've not heard anything else said about it. I've not heard Owen ask Rodgers if its correct that Maddison is having injections in his recent press conferences, which I thought strange. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Well I've not heard anything else said about it. I've not heard Owen ask Rodgers if its correct that Maddison is having injections in his recent press conferences, which I thought strange. 

I'd not be surprised if that's because RL have been asked not to!!

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Definitely heard it. And Piper was saying that’s Really concerning 

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I was told he was out at the weekend due to illness, no idea how true.