Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Ric Flair Live & Direct on BSLB Podcast

30 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Because the give actual reasons why he should be replaced, who were the random managers you suggested btw?

I was only focusing on out of work managers because at this stage of the season and being in the more, it's going to sound unrealistic expecting someone like Arne Slot or Vincent Kompany to give up title chasing jobs to come to us, even for a massive pay rise.

Marcelino and Gallardo, both would be interesting managers. Not so sure Gallardo would come but I don't see him getting a club much bigger than us if he were to come to the PL. Marcelino would fancy it, he's said he wants to come to the PL, he'd be exactly what we need right now.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was only focusing on out of work managers because at this stage of the season and being in the more, it's going to sound unrealistic expecting someone like Arne Slot or Vincent Kompany to give up title chasing jobs to come to us, even for a massive pay rise.

Marcelino and Gallardo, both would be interesting managers. Not so sure Gallardo would come but I don't see him getting a club much bigger than us if he were to come to the PL. Marcelino would fancy it, he's said he wants to come to the PL, he'd be exactly what we need right now.

I don’t know if Marcelino would be a fit for the culture of the English game but that man knows how to sort out the defending wherever he goes. And I can only imagine what he’s be able to get out of the facilities at Seagrave. 

Plus he loves a 4-4-2, so he’s bound to be everyone’s dad’s new hero. 

I’d be very excited to see Gallardo in Europe— he deserves his chance— but I don’t think a relegation battle is the right opportunity for him. 

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

...interesting that the team were pretty much Rodgers in, yet the usual question of who would you bring in instead, and they haven't a clue about managers outside of the Premier league.!!!

Because they lack awareness of what is out there, they perpetuate this pseudo argument as to why we have to hang on to Rodgers. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I'm waiting for Ric Flair's Late Night Love. 

HOW DO I LIVE WITHOUT YOU?

Just me, then.

Torrington is an absolute hero and it's my life's work to track him down and get him on the podcast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I imagine he googles his name a lot so putting Graham Torrington here ten times might yield some results.

You're still relevant, Graham, sign up - you're welcome here. We are your flock. Share with us your view on the plight of hapless Brendan, whether we are entitled pricks who killed Claudio and aren't even happy with an FA cup, should we swap the kop and family end, are the LCFC ultras the heroes or the villains and what did you think of their co-ordinated black-out, are you more of a Mohan or Willis man, when did you know you'd forever be LCFC, Ward or Poole, why do you think Weale went from pretty good to every shot from 35 yards going in, where do you stand on the train strikes, do you know any premier league officials, are you still a bit sad Max Gradel left, is it true that you were turned down despite applying to be the PA guy at LCFC as they found you over-qualified (and frankly unbearable), and what do you REALLY think about the goal music?

Please respond.

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

Easy Podcast Gigs Paying £50 or More

Relevance in a changing world

Late Night Love

Graham Torrington

Graham Torrington

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...interesting that the team were pretty much Rodgers in, yet the usual question of who would you bring in instead, and they haven't a clue about managers outside of the Premier league.!!!

Because they lack awareness of what is out there, they perpetuate this pseudo argument as to why we have to hang on to Rodgers. 

It appears that same lack of awareness is shared by Southampton and Leeds too....

As @Ric Flair said the out of work managers are either not going to come here (poch and tuchel) or not very good. You're then left with in work managers who aren't gonna leave. Kompany and Slot have had offers and not budged. So I'd argue its not a lack of awareness rather awareness of the situation. 

Anyway here's some randomly placed exclamation marks for good fun.

!!!!

Edited by BSLBPod
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

It’s a funny story  to invent …and I don’t think it is “woe is me” …he’s basically saying he was persuaded to come over a longer period than it took to sideline him once he got here …it’s a very significant transfer - we needed a Brendan-style centre back - the fact we didn’t get one seems to be down to errrrrr….Brendan. It’s the reason last season was a write off, he’s one of the reasons there was no sumner refresh…and as Amartey struggles, Evans is injured, Souttar rested, he still doesn’t play …

Two-sides to every story and the other side of the story doesn't reflect particularly well on young Jannick. All the convincing Rodgers may or may not have done didn't seem to work until they put an extra 20k on his contract a week and Rodgers did try him but he was absolutely pathetic.

1 hour ago, BSLBPod said:

Two-sides to every story and the other side of the story doesn't reflect particularly well on young Jannick. All the convincing Rodgers may or may not have done didn't seem to work until they put an extra 20k on his contract a week and Rodgers did try him but he was absolutely pathetic.

Interesting logic there - its the player’s fault that Brendan pestered him, it’s the player’s fault that he came, It’s the player’s fault he was offered more money TO come, it’s the player’s fault he turned out to be rubbish - even though he’d been playing in plain sight in the Premier League and alongside our club captain internationally. Absolutely nothing to see, except an unexplained “other side of the story.” 

I do love the podcast by the way..

I agree that the story doesn’t necessarily reflect as well on Vestegaard as he probably thinks it might. However, this signing was 100% Rodgers and therefore his fault.

I do agree on this but my overriding feeling is that it just shows Brendan Rodgers should be nowhere near transfers, poking his nose in to things and having little chats and flirting with players contracted to other clubs for 18 months and then gets his way, has one look at the great big lummox and says " WHO ELSE HAS SEEN THIS FILTH?? "

Vestergaard is then toast here and rightly so, but what an astonishing timeliness of events for our club. Its embarrassing. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BSLBPod said:

Has anyone objective actually said they're the best in Europe? 

I think we can all assume that they are good enough to coach players better not worse. 

Since we've moved in all I see is individuals going backwards and development coming to a halt. 

When you look at what we are getting out of one of the top paid managers in the league and top of the range training facilities I think someone should be asking some serious questions. 

BR (elite coach) coupled with Seagrave = expectation above what we are seeing in every department on the pitch

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I think we can all assume that they are good enough to coach players better not worse. 

Since we've moved in all I see is individuals going backwards and development coming to a halt. 

When you look at what we are getting out of one of the top paid managers in the league and top of the range training facilities I think someone should be asking some serious questions. 

BR (elite coach) coupled with Seagrave = expectation above what we are seeing in every department on the pitch

Yet another thing going wrong under his watch. Think we all agree that several of these players who were arguably the best or at least one of the best in their positions, have massively declined (some because of age and injury to be fair, though the injury record is so bad if has to be laid at BR's feet). But as you point out, the fact this is happening when the owners spent all this money on the training ground should be heavily a scrutinised if they're serious about any return on their investment.

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Yet another thing going wrong under his watch. Think we all agree that several of these players who were arguably the best or at least one of the best in their positions, have massively declined (some because of age and injury to be fair, though the injury record is so bad if has to be laid at BR's feet). But as you point out, the fact this is happening when the owners spent all this money on the training ground should be heavily a scrutinised if they're serious about any return on their investment.

It also coincides with the academy being the absolute pits. 

Someone should be overseeing this on a project level and working out why we aren't getting any positives out of this facility. 

It's too big a detail to ignore IMO. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Interesting logic there - its the player’s fault that Brendan pestered him, it’s the player’s fault that he came, It’s the player’s fault he was offered more money TO come, it’s the player’s fault he turned out to be rubbish - even though he’d been playing in plain sight in the Premier League and alongside our club captain internationally. Absolutely nothing to see, except an unexplained “other side of the story.” 

I do love the podcast by the way..

Didn't say Rodgers was blameless but if vestergaard had gone and proved him wrong elsewhere I'd have more sympathy.

I very much doubt it was Rodgers directly calling him.

Edited by BSLBPod

51 minutes ago, BSLBPod said:

Didn't say Rodgers was blameless but if vestergaard had gone and proved him wrong elsewhere I'd have more sympathy.

I have just watched this on YouTube! @Ric Flair keep telling the truth my friend :appl: Rodgers Out!

He's turned on the players & Top, he is blameless in Rodgersland, we are in a downward trend, even after being supported with transfers as he requested in January. Some fans believe he makes players better, Id challenge which ones currently? We are now in a situation that we are over reliant on 1 player, who is certainly off at the end of the season! Unforgivable! Unsupportable! Rodgers OUT!:chant: 

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I do agree on this but my overriding feeling is that it just shows Brendan Rodgers should be nowhere near transfers, poking his nose in to things and having little chats and flirting with players contracted to other clubs for 18 months and then gets his way, has one look at the great big lummox and says " WHO ELSE HAS SEEN THIS FILTH?? "

Vestergaard is then toast here and rightly so, but what an astonishing timeliness of events for our club. Its embarrassing. 

Rodgers shouldn’t be near loan signings either,

have you seen that Tete bloke play!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BSLBPod said:

Circumstantial evidence admittedly but when complaining about the non transfer transfer window - Brendan told the world he spent hours during the summer talking to potential recruits …I wouldn’t have thought it unusual at all…

• Like 1

Woke up and went to check the time in the early hours of this morning.

Somehow managed to switch on the phone-in special episode and The Pigeon Detectives - This is an Emergency started blasting out.

Scared me and the Mrs to death, great podcast but not at that time, 4:03am incidentally.

• Haha 4