Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Dango Ouattara

Let’s face it, Bournemouth are a much bigger Club than us.  Just waiting for Ryan Bennett and Molle Wague to come in on loan. Big Dan needs some competition.

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Let’s face it, Bournemouth are a much bigger Club than us.  Just waiting for Ryan Bennett and Molle Wague to come in on loan. Big Dan needs some competition.

Unfortunately for us, Benno has just secured a move to Cambridge.  

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm torn on him to be honest

@Ric Flair going back to your previous comment, I'm at that point where I would happily accept going for Adama Traore. 

At least this would show some kind of plan, in the market.

At least this kind of move would make sense.

I'm beyond desperation. I hate transfer windows, as a Leicester fan, in recent times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hear me out here.......... we could pick up Adama Traore for about 8million, who would tick all the boxes you've laid out above. What is your view on him @Ric Flair ?

You could have him for free in the summer when he's out of contract. I think he wants to go back to Spain though as he's turned down all of our contract renewal offers so far. 

8 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You could have him for free in the summer when he's out of contract. I think he wants to go back to Spain though as he's turned down all of our contract renewal offers so far. 

Fancy a six month Spaniard swap?

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Actually yes. Perez has at least shown he can play successfully up top in a lone striker role during his time at Newcastle. Not that you've ever played him there! lol

The only reason I would like to see Perez to play up top as a lone striker, is to come on here with a massive bucket of popcorn

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The only reason I would like to see Perez to play up top as a lone striker, is to come on here with a massive bucket of popcorn

Has he played much as an out and out striker for you? Genuine question as I don't always follow your exact formations. 

Apologies for taking this thread off-topic too. I'll go away soon. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Has he played much as an out and out striker for you? Genuine question as I don't always follow your exact formations. 

Not often, he was such a weird signing, never sure what perceived gap he was supposed to fill tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

He had a spell as a false 9 and was utter utter pony, quickly sacked that trendy idea off after zero goals and assists.

• Like 1

Subbed off now, job done. 

Yes, he's strong running, quick and direct. But then so are a number of his team mates, it's seemingly the way Lorient play (to their strengths) His goal was a header from a decent corner, he got up well. 

The assist was good play; took the ball, beat his man and slotted a lovely pass for a neat Moffi finish. 

He'd be a handful, that's for real. A real threat running at defences and in the air, and seems to know how to play a bit. Could do worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Scored for Lorient. 

Set up by Le Fee.

It's been a stunning night for the 6-7 players I've been exclusively following in Ligue 1 this season at Lorient and Toulouse. Nearly all of them have scored or assisted.

Le Fee, 1 assist

Ouattara, 1 goal and 1 assist

Rouault, 1 goal

Chaibi, 1 goal

Aboukhlal, 1 goal and 1 assist

Openda, 1 goal

4 minutes ago, taupe said:

Subbed off now, job done. 

Yes, he's strong running, quick and direct. But then so are a number of his team mates, it's seemingly the way Lorient play (to their strengths) His goal was a header from a decent corner, he got up well. 

The assist was good play; took the ball, beat his man and slotted a lovely pass for a neat Moffi finish. 

He'd be a handful, that's for real. A real threat running at defences and in the air, and seems to know how to play a bit. Could do worse. 

Aboukhlal also with a goal and assist tonight. Another we've been linked with a few months back.

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Set up by Le Fee

Was it? I thought it came from a corner and I didn't think Le Fée took it, but I probably got it wrong.. Le Fée looked a tidy player though, probably one of the classier ones on the pitch. He's one of those industrious little players that can be easy to miss the contributions of. Good awareness and good feet, neither Madders nor Youri but somewhere in between! 

Edit: yes, it was Le Fée who took the corner. Bloody goodun it was too! 

Edited by taupe
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, JimJams said:

@CyprusFoxWere you a massive fan of the player before the rumours then?

Totally irrelevant Rudders. The point I'm making is, we were heavily linked with him and 2 weeks later Bournemouth's dof is supposedly jetting off for talks when it would appear we've done fuch all as usual. And know I'd never heard of him before the rumours but since looking at his stats and YouTube highlights. Would I want him here? Too fcuking right I would. Shambles, get it done Rudkin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Totally irrelevant Rudders. The point I'm making is, we were heavily linked with him and 2 weeks later Bournemouth's dof is supposedly jetting off for talks when it would appear we've done fuch all as usual. And know I'd never heard of him before the rumours but since looking at his stats and YouTube highlights. Would I want him here? Too fcuking right I would. Shambles, get it done Rudkin.

its all irrelevant, Bournemouths owner Bill Foley is buying Lorient.

Extra bit of sauce  https://www.euronews.com/culture/2022/12/14/michael-b-jordan-becomes-part-owner-of-afc-bournemouth-which-other-celebs-own-football-clu

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/new-bournemouth-owner-foley-buying-into-lorient-4443266

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1