Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Dango Ouattara

Lorient fans seem ok with him leaving (Yes they state we are very very interested) as long as Moffi stays - so I thought who?

Well.....Terem Moffi is a Nigerian forward who can vaguely cover RW/LW and has scored 10 goals in 18 matches this term

They have some lovely players  :)

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Lorient fans seem ok with him leaving (Yes they state we are very very interested) as long as Moffi stays - so I thought who?

Well.....Terem Moffi is a Nigerian forward who can vaguely cover RW/LW and has scored 10 goals in 18 matches this term

Lorient, Lens and Toulouse have all been brilliant to watch this season.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Moffi is a thorn in my arse on Football Manager... scores everytime 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting posts from their forum. Especially following his progress as he went from a no-hoper to a star player:

I only saw him play once. And a little bit during training. Difficult to have an opinion on the short time that I saw it.
But it's his "story" that is beautiful. Left behind during a trial in France, he was offered to Lorient by Christian Duraincie (former CEO of Merlus and former president of Stade Lavallois) who detected qualities in this player.
Lorient gives him a trial which proves conclusive, welcomes him to play with the N2 and despite the pandemic, Dango manages to stand out and sign his 1st pro contract: :good:.
According to my sources, his "mentor", Christian Duraincie, remained very close to him, welcoming him regularly on weekends under his roof.

A distressing technical weakness!
Incredible that he stayed on the pitch for 75 minutes 8O
. He's strong, but with his feet it's worthy of the sixte tournaments in the spring.
To lend or transfer but the technique if you don't have it at 19/20 when can you have it?

I share the panache analysis, technically weak
replacing no more
positive element he made 2 nice shots from the left in Bordeaux

In his defense, I am not convinced that he is made to play on one side. With so little technique, you have to leave it on point.
When you see Moffi's controls and ball handling, Ouattara still has hope.

It is true that his technical gestures are too often approximate, but let's not forget his match against PSG, where he put Mendes in great difficulty and his goal against Metz.
I still consider it in its raw state, it deserves some time.

I find that Ouattara has potential, and we have known players clumsier than him who have accumulated tenure. I think he can really progress, provided he is put in the right conditions, and coached by a coach who knows what he is doing.

He has real athletic qualities (he's tall, quick, quite powerful), and a very positive state of mind for an offensive player: he doesn't hesitate to come and defend, sometimes very low, and in a rough way. I prefer to see him take a yellow card than Abergel or Lemoine, when it comes to coming to fill.

He is quite clumsy on the last move, but let's not forget that "normal" players are mature much later than phenomena like Mbappé. Just look at the progression curve of Le Fée, who seemed to have trouble using the ball at the start of the season, and who found a lot of technical ease at the end. We can also mention Diarra who, when he arrived, seemed quite messy and uninspired, before coming back stronger and safer with the ball at his feet. If Ouattara continues to work, and to accumulate experience, chances are that he will develop.

Let's be a little indulgent with the young players, let them have time to develop, and to get tougher. Even if they aren't perfect, they still hold some promise. We have too often been impatient, and we could regret certain players today (Lecomte, Guendouzi, Meslier) who were not unanimous either in their time. Critics should rain much more logically on players who are supposed to be experienced, but who do not necessarily bring added value, and who have a much higher salary. We can legitimately expect better performance from them, and they are the ones who disappoint the most. If we criticize Ouattara who struggles while playing in N2 a few months ago, what about the mistakes of Morel, or the performance of Grbic?

I agree with you, he still has interesting potential given his age, only 20 years old.
Technical clumsiness can be corrected over time and with confidence (because it also plays out in your head).
For example Darcheville when he arrived with us it was more than rough, 3 years later he finished 3rd top scorer in Ligue 1 behind Djibril Cissé and Pauleta.

Around the start of this season, things start getting interesting...

RLB was right to trust him, involved in almost all our goals, he is becoming monstrous :good:
. Premier League clubs will soon take an interest in his case, especially given his age.

With each game he progresses, it's pretty crazy8O

Yes, that's amazing progress!
I absolutely did not see him evolve in the long term on the side but I was misguided. Let it continue like this:good:

I do not know the statutory conditions of this boy, but it is necessary to shield it quickly because one will be made **** it certainly with a large check, but that would be a considerable loss.

What a game again tonight against the Lyonnais!
What is incredible with him is that he progresses with each outing. I
He has extraordinary physical qualities: what impression he gives when he plays an aerial ball (he must have an impressive abdominal belt).
He is able to renew the races for 90 minutes (what a ride in the 1st half) and now has enough lucidity to finish the actions well.
The club holds in him a young player whose destiny deserves a report (you always have to believe in your lucky star).
In any case, :respect:Dango!

Incredible start to the season yes. If I had a hat, he would make me eat it

yes do not especially forget that it is he who is at the origin of 2 penos and these 2 CF! Dango Maradona :love:

I don't remember having seen such a dazzling progression in one of our players. He has become impressive :o

. We knew his extraordinary physical abilities but he seems to play in a much more thoughtful way and now shows composure in the opposing area (the most difficult). He also participates very well in the game. Day and night with last season :good:

Sorry Dango, I take back everything I said, you are amazing :clap: :clap: :clap:

This backs up my niggling concerns on his technical ability and skill set. No denying he seems to have end product and is quick and can take players on but we know at PL level, there needs to be more. Pepe and Sarr struggled in the PL and yet both were devastating in Ligue 1 with similar style to Ouattara. Ouatarra is much quicker than Pepe though, which is a big positive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Raw, speed, strong and no doubt a dimond that needs some smoothing out.

Get the **** in !! 

I'm not sure about the speed part also looks like he prefers to shoot when there is a key opportunity to pass the ball.

I'm not sure this is a player that will improve the squad 

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I'm not sure about the speed part also looks like he prefers to shoot when there is a key opportunity to pass the ball.

I'm not sure this is a player that will improve the squad 

Are you confusing him with Harvey Barnes?

• Haha 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Are you confusing him with Harvey Barnes?

Honestly it's hard to judge ofcourse looking at YouTube clip but I think he looks to slow for the premier league and shoots when he should pass.

There is a lot of clips of him and instead of him passing to open up the defence he decides to try and take on the whole back 4 and either loses it or blazes over the bar.

There obviously looks like there is a lot of talent there but what we need right now is a winger that is primed and ready to go.

A loan with option to buy would be best but surely we need high impact players.

Trust in the club they have proved it with.

Mahrez etc they have qlso given us many outstanding players like Bertrand, Vestergaard, soumare.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Honestly it's hard to judge ofcourse looking at YouTube clip but I think he looks to slow for the premier league and shoots when he should pass.

There is a lot of clips of him and instead of him passing to open up the defence he decides to try and take on the whole back 4 and either loses it or blazes over the bar.

There obviously looks like there is a lot of talent there but what we need right now is a winger that is primed and ready to go.

Mahrez etc they have qlso given us many outstanding players like Bertrand, Vestergaard, soumare.

We don't have the money to buy a ready made PL level winger, it just won't happen, that's why scouting department and recruitment shop in this sort of bracket. All well and good buying what's meant to be proven quality but it very often doesn't go that way.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This backs up my niggling concerns on his technical ability and skill set. No denying he seems to have end product and is quick and can take players on but we know at PL level, there needs to be more. Pepe and Sarr struggled in the PL and yet both were devastating in Ligue 1 with similar style to Ouattara. Ouatarra is much quicker than Pepe though, which is a big positive.

I wonder if someone like Pepe might have worked out Leicester for a smaller fee? Any young player needs consistency and a long run in the side, that's how they get better. That's why Leicester is a great stepping stone for young players because you will get away with inconsistent performances until you reach a level where the big cash is spent. Mahrez himself had obvious talent but flattered to decieve for quite a while. Then Ranieri came in, built a system to take advantage of his and Vardy's talent and the rest is history.

At 20 years of age you also have a player that enormous growth potential. Another way to look at him is that if he's already making this kind of impact, what is the upper limit for him? Mane, Salah and Mahrez have shown what top wide attacking African players can do in the Premier League. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

He is quick, not sure where you are getting that notion from.

56 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

A “primed winger ready to go” will cost south of £20m. We aren’t currently in a position to spend that kind of money. So we need to try and find a hidden gem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

I think quite a few thought that watching YouTube video's of Mahrez... I did anyway. Looked way too lightweight, and didn't have pace to burn. But went on to be one of, if not, the best technically gifted players I have seen play for Leicester. 

YouTube videos are lovely and all, but cannot use them to judge, judge once they've had 10-15 games. I remember thinking we'd signed an absolute legend in Yann Kermogant thanks to YouTube. 

I like the look of him. It seems he has a fairly decent touch, he has bags of pace and is clearly not scared to have a go at players. He also seems to have an ability to drive up the pitch, which we desperately lack. 

I think if anywhere here is a good place for him to come, I presume he speaks French? So I don’t see there being any language issues. He is the type of player we like, air of unpredictability but will be a nightmare for defenders to look after. 

It’s perhaps a good thing we’re skint, because we will have to be much better at scouting players rather than relying on just signing finished articles for silly money. 

Im all for this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think one this we lack is pace, with Vardy on the decline and no Ricardo we can be so one-paced.

The only real pace we have is Barnes. 

• Like 1