Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Dango Ouattara

He certainly ticks a lot of boxes. Has a Physical presence and Quick, Strong can go left or right with room for improvement.

Given his age he's exactly the type we should be tracking. Modest Fee and a modest Salary to start with.

Yes a lot to like about this lad.

Coincidentally there is a great podcast out today from Scouted Football on Lorient, where Ouattare and La Fee play.

Both are discussed as up-and-coming talents, with a bit of background about each too. Worth a listen!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Coincidentally there is a great podcast out today from Scouted Football on Lorient, where Ouattare and La Fee play.

Both are discussed as up-and-coming talents, with a bit of background about each too. Worth a listen!

IMO we need to put an offer in for him  ,

“Lorient has just refused 2 offers for Dango Ouattara

One comes from England (Leicester) for 20M € + bonus.
Refusal of Lorient.

The other comes from Germany for an amount of 17M € .
Refusal of Lorient. #FCLorient”

Right, so I’m gonna go cry. Watching us right now doesn’t help either.

Edited by LestaLad
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If true, at least we know we're willing to spend £15-20m on a RW. I've a list of wingers we could get for that, WE'RE IN BUSINESS.

If I'm honest Ric I was hoping for someone a bit less kick and run than this fella - he's a bit raw?

• Like 2

I've seen him play, he's a bit rough around the edges but he's one of those that could go either way.  £15-20 million is a gamble though, he loses the ball too much for my liking, and in the prem where it is much faster than ligue 1, it could be a problem.  I'd much prefer us to spend it on Enzo le Fée, but an RW is more important for us right now..

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If true, at least we know we're willing to spend £15-20m on a RW. I've a list of wingers we could get for that, WE'RE IN BUSINESS.

Well it signifies we're willing to spend that much on this particular player. We may not offer as much for others. Do you have a list we could get for around 2 million including salary?

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

One thing I really like about him is how hard-working he seems to be in defense. Would love a RW who can let Castagne/Ricardo bomb forward. 

Yes but also pressing the defensive line of the other team. Currently we don’t do that enough because barnes is pretty lazy and madders lacks the legs to do it consistently for 90 mins. Him and Daka pushing a back line would be really useful.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nick said:

If I'm honest Ric I was hoping for someone a bit less kick and run than this fella - he's a bit raw?

I tend to agree but I don't think we're going to get the finished article for that price, we seemingly aren't interested in Tsygankov so we will have to take a calculated risk but they are the exact signings that got us to ride the wave of success we've had for several years.

His pace and ability to shoot accurately off both feet will be a huge weapon and we need that out on the right, Barnes can do the same which not that many can and if we have that from both wings then it will leave the opposition so exposed. They would compliment each other and the lack of technical skill might work in our favour in that regard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Find the lack of interest in tsyganjov odd. Not just by us, but by many. Very odd. There seems no obvious to discount him, but many seem to. 

It's not as if he's had a period of poor form or injuries etc. Surely he can't be punished for not playing for a while because there's a war going on??

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not as if he's had a period of poor form or injuries etc. Surely he can't be punished for not playing for a while because there's a war going on??

More a victim of playing in a poor league, lots of clubs wait for someone else to buy him and see how he goes. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

More a victim of playing in a poor league, lots of clubs wait for someone else to buy him and see how he goes. 

Hasn't stopped many players being recruited from there, I think it's probably the league as you say and that he's Ukranian. The top overseas players in the Ukraine league are highly sought after.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tear that page out of your wife’s notebook ASAP!!

• Haha 2