Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Iversen going?

Still find the Kasper thing so bizarre. More to the story there I think. 

As for Iverson, he was never really given a chance for the No.1 - Rodgers had decided well before. 

For his sake, he probably needs to join a promotion chasing Championship team and get his career going. 

We should be in the market for a top No.1 in the summer. Kinda depressing how many players we will need come summer. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

As for Iverson, he was never really given a chance for the No.1 - Rodgers had decided well before. 

For his sake, he probably needs to join a promotion chasing Championship team and get his career going. 

We should be in the market for a top No.1 in the summer. Kinda depressing how many players we will need come summer. 

Kasper should have gone after the Southampton home game at the end of last season.

Our club captain leaving just days before the new season starts , absolutely stinks.

Youri being captain when he's wanting out is just as bad

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

What I heard was that Kasper wanted one more challenge before hanging up his boots.

Given his service to the Club Top agreed to grant him his wish. Nothing more to it really.

Iversen should be given his big chance. If he fails after a few games then BR can say he was right.

I mean it's not like we are winning games anyway and Ward is turning in Blinders in goal.

At the very least it would increase Iversens value if we then decide to sell.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

What I heard was that Kasper wanted one more challenge before hanging up his boots.

Given his service to the Club Top agreed to grant him his wish. Nothing more to it really.

Iversen should be given his big chance. If he fails after a few games then BR can say he was right.

I mean it's not like we are winning games anyway and Ward is turning in Blinders in goal.

At the very least it would increase Iversens value if we then decide to sell.

Why was it done so late on and with no real planning or farewell?

I am not sure that is the whole story, but if that is what you heard, I can't dispute that with anything factual

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Why was it done so late on and with no real planning or farewell?

I am not sure that is the whole story, but if that is what you heard, I can't dispute that with anything factual

Kasper I believe was tapped up in the Summer but the Club didn't want him to go. With the lack of signings he probably thought himself that it was the right time to go and he fancied a new challenge and signing on fee.

So he went to Top who he had a good relationship with and was granted his wish for services rendered so to speak.

We still got a Million for him I believe which was ok when he only cost 1.6million when we signed him.

That's the gist of what I heard which I think is pretty close to the truth. But it hasn't quite worked out for him at Nice or us.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Kasper I believe was tapped up in the Summer but the Club didn't want him to go. With the lack of signings he probably thought himself that it was the right time to go and he fancied a new challenge and signing on fee.

So he went to Top who he had a good relationship with and was granted his wish for services rendered so to speak.

We still got a Million for him I believe which was ok when he only cost 1.6million when we signed him.

That's the gist of what I heard which I think is pretty close to the truth. But it hasn't quite worked out for him at Nice or us.

Exactly, and regrets on both sides now no doubt. He should have finished his final year with us and been given an incredible farewell at the last game of the season. All felt very flat how he left. Shame, but we move on. Top now needs to own his mistake and provide funds to buy a new No.1, because clearly what we have at the moment is not working. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Just to clarify on the signing on fee. 

It’s not what people think and it isn’t a lump sum bonus you receive when you join a new club. 

It’s more of a loyalty bonus, that gets paid annually after the summer transfer window closes, spread over the duration of the contract. 

For instances, if we’ve got Vestergaard on £65k per week, on a three year contract, his signing bonus could be an additional £1,000,000. So that means he gets an additional £333k every September. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Just to clarify on the signing on fee. 

It’s not what people think and it isn’t a lump sum bonus you receive when you join a new club. 

It’s more of a loyalty bonus, that gets paid annually after the summer transfer window closes, spread over the duration of the contract. 

For instances, if we’ve got Vestergaard on £65k per week, on a three year contract, his signing bonus could be an additional £1,000,000. So that means he gets an additional £333k every September. 

Whatever signing on fee that Jannik gets is too much 😜

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Financially and looking forward, surely best to try to sell Ward - 'an international PL keeper', and invest anything we could get elsewhere.

We’re going to need the best marketing team around to pitch that bollocks. 

Realistically, we need to find a club, somewhere far away with no access to the internet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

best to try to sell Ward - 'an international PL keeper', and invest anything we could get elsewhere.

5 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

We’re going to need the best marketing team around to pitch that bollocks.

@Finnegan

• Haha 1