Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcbluearmy

Are we looking at the right priorities?

Cool we have made outr first signing a LB to support Luke Thomas. This was probably needed but should it have been our top priority I would very much argue not. 

Part of our problem is at the moment with Vardy ageing and Barnes being put of for whilst Rodgers insists in playing a 4-3-3 with wingers (which we don't have) is that we are toothless on attack. This means that the opposition defense is not scared of our attack which means they can push forward more and put more pressure on our flaky defense. 

Therefore I would say that our priority this transfer window needs to be bringing in at least 1 if not 2 wingers and possibly another striker if Rodgers is refusing to play 2 upfront. 

If this is not done by the end of the window I would see this as a faliure of the window and the recruitment team getting their priorities wrong 

Still just over a week left of the transfer window and we're looking at a CB and a RW - I'd say judge it then and see if we haven't got our priorities right.

Before the window I'd have said our priorities would be a LB, CB and a RW and so far that seems like who we're being linked with so fingers crossed!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I'd argue a LW as well probably more urgently than a CB in my opinion and if we get them in great but seems like we are cutting it fine

Barnes will come good once he's got support & with the signing of Victor he'll get that as he's a lot more powerful than Thomas in being able to support an attack & then recover.
It will also aid Barnes if we get that RW as it will balance the attacks, currently Barnes is standing out in a bad way just because everything is having to go through him in attack so when that breaks its lways on him.
A CB is a must!
So as long as those 3 positions can be filled along with a steady trickle of getting the sick, lame & lazy back playing or off the books it will be a good window

• Like 3

Just now, BKLFox said:

Barnes will come good once he's got support & with the signing of Victor he'll get that as he's a lot more powerful than Thomas in being able to support an attack & then recover.
It will also aid Barnes if we get that RW as it will balance the attacks, currently Barnes is standing out in a bad way just because everything is having to go through him in attack so when that breaks its lways on him.
A CB is a must!
So as long as those 3 positions can be filled along with a steady trickle of getting the sick, lame & lazy back playing or off the books it will be a good window

I'm actually of a view that I know is the minority but its Barnes that is the main problem down the left side and a better winger would help Thomas but I understand that is different to what alot of people think

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Still just over a week left of the transfer window and we're looking at a CB and a RW - I'd say judge it then and see if we haven't got our priorities right.

Before the window I'd have said our priorities would be a LB, CB and a RW and so far that seems like who we're being linked with so fingers crossed!

Yes I definitely will wait to make judgements just wondered what other people thought really

Our defence has been a total shitshow Thomas and Amartey definitely needed replacing and by the sounds of it both will be on the bench by feb ( ward as well but doubt that will happen) Clearly we have needed a right winger for years but before Maddison got injured we were not having any problems scoring goals - let’s hope we get tete to cover that as well.

Right winger and centre back sounds about right to me. Obviously a halfway competent keeper would be nice too but I suspect that won't be happening until the summer or at all. I agree another winger would be nice and I imagine part of the allure of Gonzalez was that he can play on either side. Maybe Kristiansen arriving and Ricardo hopefully returning will mean that if Barnes is out of form or injured we can switch to 3-5-2 or similar without having to use the likes of Thomas and Albrighton as wing backs.

Our immediate priority with regards to strikers should be figuring out why we can't get a tune out of any of the ones we currently have. The last thing we need is to throw another 20-30m plus wages on a striker only to be mystified when they too are made to look ineffective in the near total absence of service or support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Right winger and centre back sounds about right to me. Obviously a halfway competent keeper would be nice too but I suspect that won't be happening until the summer or at all. I agree another winger would be nice and I imagine part of the allure of Gonzalez was that he can play on either side. Maybe Kristiansen arriving and Ricardo hopefully returning will mean that if Barnes is out of form or injured we can switch to 3-5-2 or similar without having to use the likes of Thomas and Albrighton as wing backs.

Our immediate priority with regards to strikers should be figuring out why we can't get a tune out of any of the ones we currently have. The last thing we need is to throw another 20-30m plus wages on a striker only to be mystified when they too are made to look ineffective in the near total absence of service or support.

I agree just don't think Rodgers is going to change the formation or the way he wants to play to fit the ones we have (none of which are bad players) and if that's the case we need to buy someone who fits his system

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Cool we have made outr first signing a LB to support Luke Thomas. This was probably needed but should it have been our top priority I would very much argue not. 

Part of our problem is at the moment with Vardy ageing and Barnes being put of for whilst Rodgers insists in playing a 4-3-3 with wingers (which we don't have) is that we are toothless on attack. This means that the opposition defense is not scared of our attack which means they can push forward more and put more pressure on our flaky defense. 

Therefore I would say that our priority this transfer window needs to be bringing in at least 1 if not 2 wingers and possibly another striker if Rodgers is refusing to play 2 upfront. 

If this is not done by the end of the window I would see this as a faliure of the window and the recruitment team getting their priorities wrong 

Strikers we have are fine. Nuge made a good point on RL that because of the chopping and changing, they don’t get any momentum or form. He needs to pick and stick with one. 

as @Ric Flairsaid, no one is near the ST so they are starved. It’s too easy to nullify the one who plays and then just watch Barnes, knowing no one else without Madders is going to do anything. 

Hopefully Barnes’ goal does him some good but Tete (drool) or just another winger and going to 4231 when Madders is back is the way to go I think. It can be a fluid 4231 / 433 / 442 then. 

3 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I'd argue a LW as well probably more urgently than a CB in my opinion and if we get them in great but seems like we are cutting it fine

...We've conceded more than all but one team in the league. It's a pretty strong argument for needing a CB. 

• Like 1

Almost criminal how vastly underrated the GK position is. We are in this predicament we’re in because we have the worst GK in the PL (despite all our flaws and weaknesses).

Going from Kasper to Ward has to be one of the biggest downgrades in this club’s history.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The amount of openings Barnes and even the striker will get from having a player of Tete or equivalents ilk will increase ten fold.

Hopefully not sure lack of chances is Barnes problem though when he messes up or just refuses to shoot on the ones he does get

30 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I agree just don't think Rodgers is going to change the formation or the way he wants to play to fit the ones we have (none of which are bad players) and if that's the case we need to buy someone who fits his system

I'm hopeful that with Congerton gone and Rodgers seemingly trying to distance himself from the Kristiansen signing, the days of us buying players specifically for him rather than for the club are finished. If he is the decent coach he professes to be then it should be well within his power to coax some goals and creativity from a squad containing Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka and our theoretical new right winger, and if his system prevents him from doing that then he wants to have a good look at his system. In both a financial and sporting sense we cannot afford to let our transfer business be dictated by him.

• Like 1