Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

18 minutes ago, BenTayfour said:

@kingfox @Ric Flair what do you think of Ridle Baku for Right-Back and cover for Tete the guy loves to bomb forwards and get goals.

IMG_20230211_213253.jpg

IMG_20230211_213946.jpg

Was pretty highly rated when he burst on the scene for Mainz, been played mostly at RB this season, not a position I’ve focused my attention on as we’re pretty solid in that area, could be a worthy option though if Castagne does go in the summer.

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very good player, think he'd cost between £25-30m unless his contract is up in the next year or so?

June 2025, I thought it's up in the next year so...

Bayern were sniffing around for a 20m deal in the last winter but Wolfsburg weren't interested in the deal, it suggests that he is valued north of 25m as u said.

Edited by BenTayfour
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Was pretty highly rated when he burst on the scene for Mainz, been played mostly at RB this season, not a position I’ve focused my attention on as we’re pretty solid in that area, could be a worthy option though if Castagne does go in the summer.

Yeah that's what I think lining him on the pipeline in case of JJ & RP failed to get back to form and we are lacking in terms of wingers, replacing Castagne with Baku would be a 2 birds with 1 stone sort of a deal. but as Ric said, it's unlikely to happen.

2023/24 Squad: 

GK: Lafont, Ward, Smithies

RB: Castagne, Ricardo 

CB: Souttar, Faes, Evans, Amartey 

LB: Kristiansen, Justin 

DM: Ndidi, Mendy 

CM: Kokcu, Soumare, KDH 

AM: Alex Scott, Praet 

RW: Tete

LW: Barnes, Harrison 

ST: Iheanacho, Daka, Vardy

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pete52 said:

2023/24 Squad: 

GK: Lafont, Ward, Smithies

RB: Castagne, Ricardo 

CB: Souttar, Faes, Evans, Amartey 

LB: Kristiansen, Justin 

DM: Ndidi, Mendy 

CM: Kokcu, Soumare, KDH 

AM: Alex Scott, Praet 

RW: Tete

LW: Barnes, Harrison 

ST: Iheanacho, Daka, Vardy

You've been very low key there with just 4 additions, which I can't see it being that low. I think we'll be seeing 7-8 minimum.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You've been very low key there with just 4 additions, which I can't see it being that low. I think we'll be seeing 7-8 minimum.

Goalkeeper

Centre back

Defensive mid

Centre mid

Attacking mid

Right winger (Tete permanently :thumbup:)

Versatile winger / forward

Right back if Castagne goes

• Like 1

I think we need 2 Attacking mids if Madders goes. And by that I mean out and out number 10s not just a jack of all trades. If one is a younger guy like Scott then fine, but we definitely need a real player in that position.

The difference between our team with maddison playing, or in the stands is massive. Yes hes a great player, but some of that difference is because he is our only real CAM.

We cannot allow the squad to become so unbalanced again. Only one CAM, only one winger (ignoring those on loan).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Ellyes Skhiri of Koln with another brilliant performance at the weekend

Available on a free, get it done

C41C5B58-12D0-4D28-9CF8-56FCD3BC0F97.jpeg

I'm fully on board on him, not only is he defensively very good he seems a bit of a Soucek type monster at scoring goals.

• Like 2

If Southampton go down, given the Glover connection, I could see us recruiting quite a few of their players:

Gavin Bazunu for GK. Has been underwhelming for them, but looked good when at Man City.

Romeo Lavia. for CDM. Another Belgian and highly rated, Chelsea were sniffing around. Think he's been one of their better players

Tino Livramento for RB. Was surprised he was allowed to leave Chelsea, has shown plenty of glimpses into what he can do.

Armel Bolla-Katchup for CB. Highly rated German U21 defender. Looks decent. 

Which one we'd sign I don't know, but I think we'll get one assuming they go down. They are about to hire Jesse Marsch as their 3rd manager of the season, so think it looks bleak for them. If I had to guess, Bazunu would be the one I'd expect to see. They paid £12m, so we'd probably get him for the same amount. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If Southampton go down, given the Glover connection, I could see us recruiting quite a few of their players:

Gavin Bazunu for GK. Has been underwhelming for them, but looked good when at Man City.

Romeo Lavia. for CDM. Another Belgian and highly rated, Chelsea were sniffing around. Think he's been one of their better players

Tino Livramento for RB. Was surprised he was allowed to leave Chelsea, has shown plenty of glimpses into what he can do.

Which one we'd sign I don't know, but I think we'll get one assuming they go down. They are about to hire Jesse Marsch as their 3rd manager of the season, so think it looks bleak for them. If I had to guess, Bazunu would be the one I'd expect to see. They paid £12m, so we'd probably get him for the same amount. 

Glover wants shooting if we go for Bazunu as our new keeper, needs a couple of seasons in the Championship at least

I quite like Salisu who Glover brought in

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was looking at Bella-Kotchups stats at the weekend and he’s the one who sticks out for me as a good centre back signing. Still really young and bags of potential too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Glover wants shooting if we go for Bazunu as our new keeper, needs a couple of seasons in the Championship at least

I quite like Salisu who Glover brought in

Has he been that bad?! They are bottom so I guess he could be!

Salisu looked good in the World Cup it must be said, but think ABK is the one to watch.

Anyway let's see what happens as we ourselves are not exactly sitting pretty.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Has he been that bad?! They are bottom so I guess he could be!

Salisu looked good in the World Cup it must be said, but think ABK is the one to watch.

Anyway let's see what happens as we ourselves are not exactly sitting pretty.  

Yeah he has been very poor, Southampton fans on their forum have been asking for him to be dropped for McCarthy which says a lot

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/59401-gavin-bazunu/page/18/

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Signing Bolla-Katchup would please a lot of people on here! 

He is a good player too, would be a good option. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Ellyes Skhiri of Koln with another brilliant performance at the weekend

Available on a free, get it done

C41C5B58-12D0-4D28-9CF8-56FCD3BC0F97.jpeg

Of all the potential free agents in the summer, signing Skhiri would be the most sensible.

His passing and defensive ability along with his experience would be a much needed fit.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, you may be right. I think what I put was the minimum I'd expect to happen (obviously could be different incomings, but they are the ones I'd like to see :)

Scott is only 19, so that squad is only 23 man - so space for 2 more to be registered. Maybe another attacking midfield player and/or centre back to be added to that squad list of mine. I do recall Rodgers saying he likes to work with a smaller squad, though. 

I can also see maybe Vestergaard, Praet or Choudhury being hard to shift, and therefore one or two being in the squad. I'd be open to keeping Praet as he's versatile and a decent squad option, but think he wants to go. 

I'm not sure 7-8 players will be the minimum, that would be 11-12 new players since the start of this season, including Faes and the Jan buys. Only way I see 7-8 coming in is if a couple of them are punts on cheap-ish young players, maybe with a view to loaning them to Leuven, but that's not something we've done in recent years - Opoku in January being the exception. 

I think the 4 I put in the original post will probably cost around £65-80m + wages, and I'm not sure how much we'll fetch for Maddison. Probably £40-50m? I can't see us having a huge net spend after we've spent £45m-ish since the summer + whatever Tete's loan has cost (albeit with Fofana's departure). Again, though, I may be wrong! Things could also depend on if we fetch fees for Vestergaard, Choudhury, Praet and Iverson - may be another £10m-15m to play with there. Plus the relief of Bertrand's wages could play a part. 

What do you reckon will be additional to my squad list? :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Yeah, you may be right. I think what I put was the minimum I'd expect to happen (obviously could be different incomings, but they are the ones I'd like to see :)

Scott is only 19, so that squad is only 23 man - so space for 2 more to be registered. Maybe another attacking midfield player and/or centre back to be added to that squad list of mine. I do recall Rodgers saying he likes to work with a smaller squad, though. 

I can also see maybe Vestergaard, Praet or Choudhury being hard to shift, and therefore one or two being in the squad. I'd be open to keeping Praet as he's versatile and a decent squad option, but think he wants to go. 

I'm not sure 7-8 players will be the minimum, that would be 11-12 new players since the start of this season, including Faes and the Jan buys. Only way I see 7-8 coming in is if a couple of them are punts on cheap-ish young players, maybe with a view to loaning them to Leuven, but that's not something we've done in recent years - Opoku in January being the exception. 

I think the 4 I put in the original post will probably cost around £65-80m + wages, and I'm not sure how much we'll fetch for Maddison. Probably £40-50m? I can't see us having a huge net spend after we've spent £45m-ish since the summer + whatever Tete's loan has cost (albeit with Fofana's departure). Again, though, I may be wrong! Things could also depend on if we fetch fees for Vestergaard, Choudhury, Praet and Iverson - may be another £10m-15m to play with there. Plus the relief of Bertrand's wages could play a part. 

What do you reckon will be additional to my squad list? :) 

I think additional would be another winger or two, another CM/ACM and I expect Mendy, one of Amartey or Evans to depart so another DCM and CB and I'm still not convinced we'll go in to next season with the current 3 strikers but time will tell.

• Like 1