Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Branco Van Den Boomen from Toulouse would be a really interesting idea to replace Youri. Defensively worrying but a great option to replace his passing. On a free at end of year. Incredible set piece taker too!

He is good, but at 27 years old I'm not so sure we'd be in for him as his resale value won't be the best. It's notable that Souttar (24), Tete (22) and Kristiansen (20) are all on the younger side.

All that said, I think he'd be a smart signing if we need to stretch the funds for many players. Not every player has to be brought with the "buy to sell" mentality.  

As I’ve said in the past, two players I wouldn’t mind us looking at.

As @LVFox stated, Van den Boomen would be an interesting one. I’ve been quietly impressed with him so far this season, like numerous Toulouse players, he’s shown he can make the step up from Ligue 2, his delivery from midfield areas and set pieces is magnificent.

Stijn Spierings is also out of contract at the end of this season, imo Toulouse’s most underrated player. 

Edited by kingfox

45 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He is good, but at 27 years old I'm not so sure we'd be in for him as his resale value won't be the best. It's notable that Souttar (24), Tete (22) and Kristiansen (20) are all on the younger side.

All that said, I think he'd be a smart signing if we need to stretch the funds for many players. Not every player has to be brought with the "buy to sell" mentality.  

Not so much of an issue when signing them on a free transfer in the 1st place and as you say with the sheer volume of new players we need, a few of them are likely going to need to be frees or on knock down fees.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Having a great season.

Every time I see stuff like this my eye gets drawn to Ben Bouregard. The guy is a creative machine. Yes he's nearly 30 but we can't sign just young players. 

He's got a different style of corner kick to most and it seems to be really effective. He also makes loads of clever runs into space.

He might have a place here as a CAM that helps a young prospect like Scott bed in by taking the pressure off him. Either way we need more than just the one decent CAM at the club.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would be utter insanity to sell Nacho now after his try value and his best role has finally been unlocked 

We should sell Daka instead.

Use the funds to sign Joao Pedro who can cover LW/ST

Edited by Shane

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

“Don’t sell Nacho, Kelechi Iheanacho, I just don’t think you understand”

53 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would be utter insanity to sell Nacho now after his true value and his best role has finally been unlocked 

Will be interesting to see what happens this final part of the season, he only has 1 year left on his contract and regardless of what happens might well want a new challenge and therefore we cannot risk him walking for free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

We should sell Daka instead.

Use the funds to sign Joao Pedro who can cover LW/ST

Nobody will pay enough money for Daka to make that worthwhile.

You'd likely be getting middling/Europa level German clubs lowballing, or others wanting him on loan. 

I still reckon there's a player in there in the right circumstances, that selling on the cheap (which is inevitably what we'd be doing) could be a mistake.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison, Iheanacho, Castagne and Praet IMO.

Maddison of course. I doubt we'll get loads unless we can trick clubs into a bidding war-- and they'll be trying to avoid the English player tax if they can, although perhaps they'll need to up their numbers of English players. Praet I can understand: he's a, I assume, expensive squad player. Castange is so dependable I'll be very sorry to see him go and I worry Justin and Ricardo will be hit with our injury problems yet again. Iheanacho seems to be the key to unlocking Barnes, Tete and Maddison but perhaps we can find a good replacement or use Daka in that role.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Maddison of course. I doubt we'll get loads unless we can trick clubs into a bidding war-- and they'll be trying to avoid the English player tax if they can, although perhaps they'll need to up their numbers of English players. Praet I can understand: he's a, I assume, expensive squad player. Castange is so dependable I'll be very sorry to see him go and I worry Justin and Ricardo will be hit with our injury problems yet again. Iheanacho seems to be the key to unlocking Barnes, Tete and Maddison but perhaps we can find a good replacement or use Daka in that role.

I cannot think of a single club in the top 20 European teams who don't need James Maddison. He will go for £50m + thankfully.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kingfox said:

As I’ve said in the past, two players I wouldn’t mind us looking at.

As @LVFox stated, Van den Boomen would be an interesting one. I’ve been quietly impressed with him so far this season, like numerous Toulouse players, he’s shown he can make the step up from Ligue 2, his delivery from midfield areas and set pieces is magnificent.

Stijn Spierings is also out of contract at the end of this season, imo Toulouse’s most underrated player. 

Would love us to being for Noah Okafor

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison, Iheanacho, Castagne and Praet IMO.

Iheanacho has to stay, we'll need his creative abilities more than ever when we lose Maddison. He's already shown he's happy to sign a bizarre extension before when he could have left anywhere, he might sign another hopefully. It would really hurt to lose Iheanacho and Maddison. 

On 09/02/2023 at 02:47, JimJams said:

I'd rather we move away from having a 10 and go with two 8s. Makes it easier covering injuries. But that's assuming we keep Tete so we've got a front 3 capable of scoring. 

Good 10s are harder to come by (imo) and that gives depth issues too.

Don't disagree, but if we keep Iheanacho I think he would benefit from having a 10 making runs past him and providing options close by him etc. We could probably pick up de Katelaere for cheap if we still think he could do business for us. 

When Bournemouth go down I'd like us to try nab Outtara as RW depth, he can play elsewhere as well. Hes looked promising despite Bournemouth. If Watford don't get promoted, Pedro is another versatile forward who can play inside left and would probably link up well with Iheanacho, or we could try Dennis from Forest who hasn't clicked with their system.

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

Alex Scott isn't a creative enough passer to replace Maddison, statistically he looks a lot closer to KDH.

Sorry completely disagree, Scott is nothing like KDH, I would actually say he is hybrid of Youri and Madders. Also bear in mind he is still very young, I would say from a potential perspective he has an equally high ceiling as Maddison, I genuinely believe if we bring him in this summer, we will triple our outlay within 4 years. 

Have a watch of the clip of his pre-assist against Preston last week, absolutely wonderful piece of skill to get himself out of a tight position and then a beautifully weighted pass that led to the cross and finish. He isn’t the finished article. he has lots of opportunity to develop and improve but this lad is mustard. 

• Like 2