Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

1 hour ago, Tomlcfc133 said:

Folarin Balogun, no chance he stays at arsenal

they got a decision to make for sure, prior to the w/end Balogun was 3rd highest scorer in the top 5 leagues behind Haaland & Kane, now i believe slipped behind Osimhen also.
Arsenal paid a tidy sum for Jesus who seemed to be a perfect fit for them & was doing really well pre-injury & Nketiah has stepped up in his absence, they play with 3 forwards & have 2 options on both L/R sides so do they need 3 central although Balogun can play off the forward left but he's getting his joy down the centre currently.
He eventually signed a 4yr deal in 2021 so 2 yrs into that come the end of the season & Nketiah also signed after a promise of playing time, he signed a 5yr contract last summer, both were on the cusp of leaving & that was before Jesus came in.
I think even if they miss out on the title they will spend big & for sure they will if they do win, can they keep all 3 happy + maybe a 4th big name or will 1 of those 2 go to fund & free a place?

Either of those 2 would be very nice but i think how they performing has pushed them out of our bracket which is a real shame as i'm sure both were being looked at prior to Daka, who i believe will come good for us now we have better balance either side & behind him.

Edited by BKLFox

Problem with Maddison is a lot of people expect us to be bringing in 50m for him, but with a year left on his contract, noone will throw that our way. Is he a 50m player  100%, but not with 1 year left. 

Will either go for 35m or see his contract out like youri. 

Id definately be looking to top up the funds by selling praet, wilf, possibly kelechi too.. but even that combined i cant see topping us up with more than 40m combined.

Thatll be 75m to get us the following, a gk, 2 cbs, 2 or 3 cm, 1 or 2 wingers and a cf.. not really enough 

In an ideal world vestergaard goes, if someones stupid enough to pay his salary, and id be tempted to see what we can get for riccy p.. not really been involved for 2 years so definately replaceable

No idea who to go for other than tie tete down, like the idea of smalling if he would come to us and hamer and scott from the championship

Hopefully we are recruiting for the premiership. Couple of years of staying up during the rebuild and then try and climb again i reckon.

Mad how successful we have been, to be struggling as bad as we are. 

• Like 1

Good point to be fair and I hope you are right. Just depends.. if they all come in with the same offer, theyd surely all use their finances to woo maddison and we just get what we are given... but yea i suppose with the quantity of teams that would be in for him, gives us room to decline lower offers i guess

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm confident we still get £45-50m for him because every team in the greedy 6 + Newcastle need an ACM like Maddison. Not to mention the elite European clubs too.

There will be a bidding war and I still think Newcastle will do a lot of the leg work for us on this.

We paid c. £22m for Castagne with a year left.

"Teams won't pay £___m for Maddison with how little he has left on his contract" comes from the inside the tent, pissing out POV. If you're Man United, Newcastle, Man City (maybe not), PSG, Spurs, Inter, Real, whoever you can get an £80m player for close to half the price and tie him down for 6 years on a lower wage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm confident we still get £45-50m for him because every team in the greedy 6 + Newcastle need an ACM like Maddison. Not to mention the elite European clubs too.

There will be a bidding war and I still think Newcastle will do a lot of the leg work for us on this.

I'd also add that we stuck to our gun on Tielemans and wouldn't let him go cheap. Whether that's a good thing or not I'm not sure.

I think we will have a price and will not budge. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd also add that we stuck to our gun on Tielemans and wouldn't let him go cheap. Whether that's a good thing or not I'm not sure.

I think we will have a price and will not budge. 

Yes, within reason, we don’t to be left without a cash injection from sales again, and I would also sell Castagne as well.

On 04/02/2023 at 18:16, Sambiasso said:

Club scout at FC Koln vs RB Leipzig today monitoring Martel(Koln) Raum(RB) and Szoboszlai(RB) :thumbup:

Just seen this and thinking how good these players could be for us and how they’re just the type of players we should be targeting, especially Szoboszlai, big fan of his and I remember us being linked before. Glover might be it.. 

I really want Ward-Prowse, especially if Saints go down, with Tielemans gone and probably having to sell Maddison he'd be a good replacement though not a direct replacement for either, especially set piece delivery

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I really want Ward-Prowse, especially if Saints go down, with Tielemans gone and probably having to sell Maddison he'd be a good replacement though not a direct replacement for either, especially set piece delivery

Lavia is the one to go for if/when Saints go down. Perfect player for the base of our midfield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Lavia is the one to go for if/when Saints go down. Perfect player for the base of our midfield.

not really seen enough if him but he does seem quality

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Even if they're relegated I don't think he'll be value for money. Reckon he'll cost 40ish.

that's the issue, with his age I wouldn't want to have to go above £30m, it would depend how bad their finances were I guess

On 04/02/2023 at 18:16, Sambiasso said:

Club scout at FC Koln vs RB Leipzig today monitoring Martel(Koln) Raum(RB) and Szoboszlai(RB) :thumbup:

Martel fits the destroyer bill we've been linked with recently. Hjulmand and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Would absolutely love Alex Scott but won’t happen

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we will sign him

What type of player is he?

from the clips ive seen he looks like the player that could fill both the madders and youri role which means we could look for different type of midfielders all together if we got him? 

24 minutes ago, les-tah said:

from the clips ive seen he looks like the player that could fill both the madders and youri role which means we could look for different type of midfielders all together if we got him? 

He can play as a box to box midfielder, an attacking midfielder or even out wide. I'm not 100% sure of his best position yet but I'm also not concerned that he'd be handled badly in that regard and not have had his progression in a specified role mapped out.

He's the sort of player the likes of Man City have who plays in the midfield 3 or the front 3 seamlessly like Bernardo Silva etc.

26 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He can play as a box to box midfielder, an attacking midfielder or even out wide. I'm not 100% sure of his best position yet but I'm also not concerned that he'd be handled badly in that regard and not have had his progression in a specified role mapped out.

He's the sort of player the likes of Man City have who plays in the midfield 3 or the front 3 seamlessly like Bernardo Silva etc.

Nige has played him absolutely everywhere to be fair, including right wing back lol 

His assists have come as a 6 or an 8 though

Only played 3 games as a 10 this season, i'd be interested to see if a run there got him goals though, he needs to add goals to his game for sure if he's going to claim to be a 10

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

Only played 3 games as a 10 this season, i'd be interested to see if a run there got him goals though, he needs to add goals to his game for sure if he's going to claim to be a 10

I'd rather we move away from having a 10 and go with two 8s. Makes it easier covering injuries. But that's assuming we keep Tete so we've got a front 3 capable of scoring. 

Good 10s are harder to come by (imo) and that gives depth issues too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Branco Van Den Boomen from Toulouse would be a really interesting idea to replace Youri. Defensively worrying but a great option to replace his passing. On a free at end of year. Incredible set piece taker too!

Screenshot_20230208_165845_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

Having a great season.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll end up being an attacking midfielder.  For me the perfect longer term Maddison replacement. 

• Like 2