Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

54 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I agree with your point about using the free transfer market more than we have done, but Pope went for £10m not on a free. He was a top target for Newcastle and they went all in for him early.

Buttons for a player of his quality but given we seemingly didn’t have a pot to piss in in the summer, Schmeichel didn’t actually move on until a month after Pope transferred, and we’d have struggled to match Newcastle’s offer at the time it wasn’t ever happening.

Ah hadn’t realised about Pope, thought he was out of contract at Burnley.

But yeah agree that the GK wasn’t being thought about as Kasper was still around. Hopefully this summer!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ah hadn’t realised about Pope, thought he was out of contract at Burnley.

But yeah agree that the GK wasn’t being thought about as Kasper was still around. Hopefully this summer!

Think it was a cut price sale due to Burnley’s relegation but they only paid about £2mil for him from Charlton originally iirc.

Yeah totally agree, an upgrade on Ward is a huge priority in the summer. It wasn’t quite so big a priority in the January window compared to the positions we did strengthen and we obviously didn’t have the funds to do it in the summer. 

• Like 1

GK - Alban Lafont from Nantes

NEW CB - Konstantinos Mavropanos from Stuttgart / Maxence Lacroix from Wolfsburg / Anthony Rouault from Toulouse

CDM - Ellyes Skhiri on a free

CM - Enzo Le Fee from Lorient

CM - Alex Scott from Bristol City

RW - Tete from Shakhtar

RW/LW - loan with option to buy

Lafont

Ricardo, NEW CB, Faes, Kristiansen

La Fee, Skhiri, KDH

Tete, Iheanacho, Barnes

Iversen, Smithies, Castagne, Amartey, Souttar, Justin, Ndidi, Braybrooke, Soumare, Alex ScottRW/LW on loan, Daka, Vardy

Out: Ward, Soyuncu, Evans, Vestergaard, Thomas (loan), Bertrand, Mendy, Praet

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

GK - Alban Lafont from Nantes

NEW CB - Konstantinos Mavropanos from Stuttgart / Maxence Lacroix from Wolfsburg / Anthony Rouault from Toulouse

CDM - Ellyes Skhiri on a free

CM - Enzo Le Fee from Lorient

CM - Alex Scott from Bristol City

RW - Tete from Shakhtar

RW/LW - loan with option to buy

Lafont

Ricardo, NEW CB, Faes, Kristiansen

La Fee, Skhiri, KDH

Tete, Iheanacho, Barnes

Iversen, Smithies, Castagne, Amartey, Souttar, Justin, Ndidi, Braybrooke, Soumare, Alex ScottRW/LW on loan, Daka, Vardy

Out: Ward, Soyuncu, Evans, Vestergaard, Thomas (loan), Bertrand, Mendy, Praet

Maddison leaving you think?

4 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Who are your prime targets from that market @Ric Flair?

Safonov, Jonathan Bamba or Reiss Nelson, N'Dicka and Kamada (doubt we'd get them), Skhiri, Comesana,

Van Den Boomen is a curious one, just wonder how he'd fair in the PL,

Aouar from Lyon as Tielemans replacement 

Akomasch as a wild card signing but would need to loan to Leuven 1st I think.

Smalling on a rolling years deal and let Evans go.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Safonov, Jonathan Bamba or Reiss Nelson, N'Dicka and Kamada (doubt we'd get them), Skhiri, Comesana,

Van Den Boomen is a curious one, just wonder how he'd fair in the PL,

Aouar from Lyon as Tielemans replacement 

Akomasch as a wild card signing but would need to loan to Leuven 1st I think.

Smalling on a rolling years deal and let Evans go.

Resetting our midfield feels like it will be our main challenge in the closed season. 

I am sort of accepting we need to raise funds from Madders and that Youri moves - tho I don’t think he will end up at Arsenal - but we also seem to have a problem at  CDM with none of Mendy, Ndidi or Soumare really making the position there own.

Will be interested how Glover approaches the Summer.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Everyone posting Ekrem Konur on here should be forced to contribute a fiver to the next Union FS tifo

I'd rather read some made up bollocks by self-declared ITKs on here than anything that **** says

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Everyone posting Ekrem Konur on here should be forced to contribute a fiver to the next Union FS tifo

I'd rather read some made up bollocks by self-declared ITKs on here than anything that **** says

Only seems fair that any quotes/reactions have to contribute a fiver too? 

• Haha 1

Taylor Booth at FC Utrecht. I've followed his career ever since his younger brother Zach signed for us and it was reported Taylor was the better of the two. It didn't work out at Bayern Munich but he's been brilliant at Utrecht and he could be a monster of a player IMO.

18 minutes ago, westernpark said:

As a semi Torinon fan, Schuurs would be a tremendous signing. But I wouldn’t pay over 20 million for him.

think thats a deal with may well work on, with Praet maybe going the other way,

worse part we'd need another midfielder lol

• Like 1