Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Anthony Patterson GK

ANT FIGHT 

Wolves and Leicester in transfer battle to snap up Sunderland’s highly-rated keeper Anthony Patterson

Alan Nixon

SUNDERLAND keeper Anthony Patterson should be heading for the Premier League in the summer — with Wolves and Leicester making him a major target.

The 22-year-old has become one of the best young stoppers around and the top-flight pair will have a go for him in the next transfer window.

While the Black Cats have promotion ambitions of their own this season they could cash in on their home-grown starlet and collect around £10million if they fail to go up.

Wolves chief Julen Lopeteguisees Patterson as the ideal choice to come in and compete with, and eventually take over from, Portuguese international Jose Sa.

Patterson may have to wait for his chance if he goes there and that will be part of the equation as he looks at his best options come the summer.

Foxes boss Brendan Rodgers is looking for a new long-term successor to Kasper Schmeichel and Patterson is firmly on his radar.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's the point in us buying youth goalkeepers? All ours are "highly rated" yet they never play.

We do seem to buy a lot of top youth keepers, only to never use them. 

I hope Rodgers realises that Ward is simply not a No.1 keeper and we will get someone this summer

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not quite, got a VERY limp wrist to a shot from Wilson and it went in.

a little bit harsh! Wilson hit it well, and it went through about 3 players and he saw it about 12 yards out. 

Not sure he is ready for the prem yet though. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not necessarily true considering some of the leagues better sides are on the list.

It’s a pointless metric, it proves nothing.

There is no true metric that would show who is the best, that’s my point really… it’s blue tinted spec nonsense from our fan base because he won player of the year at Preston. Whose other recent notable winners include Ryan Mcgivern.

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It’s a pointless metric, it proves nothing.

There is no true metric that would show who is the best, that’s my point really… it’s blue tinted spec nonsense from our fan base because he won player of the year at Preston. Whose other recent notable winners include Ryan Mcgivern.

I don't think it's blue tinted specs to take on board numerous other clubs positive reactions to him really, possibly if they said he was shite and everyone disagreed. Not sure if Ryan McGivern is a joke (hard to know with him 😂) but he didn't play for them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I don't think it's blue tinted specs to take on board numerous other clubs positive reactions to him really, possibly if they said he was shite and everyone disagreed. Not sure if Ryan McGivern is a joke (hard to know with him 😂) but he didn't play for them.

Sorry I’m getting my crap left backs mixed up, it was Greg Cunningham. 

It’s blue tinted specs to proclaim he’s the best keeper in the championship last season. 

Someone online was making a lot of fuss about the Plymouth Goalkeeper I think, and wondering why no one in the top divisions has even sniffed around... "Best in the league by a mile" and all that. And then I read last week, he is injured for the rest of the season, so would be perfect lol

I'd still rather we go for a better/bigger profile, as it isn't just ability alone you need, it's the ability to perform at a higher level under a bigger spotlight/extra pressure.

Lafont is the man on a lot of clubs lips... that would be my first choice, having watched him (once...) 

• 2 weeks later...