Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

“Jamie Vardy has won more than you”

34 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

How far have you got to peel back the pages of history for any significant achievement for Blackburn? I’m actually curious, could be more recent than I think? 

Premier League and League Cup within the last 30 years. There are people who remember those. 

It’s an embarrassing song anyway. “He’s won more than you” implies the club and yet again we were playing a club who have won more than our club, never mind just Vardy. 

Unfortunately for Vardy his wife is a grass .

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

It doesn’t matter. Just know your football history. Blackburn are a founding member of the football league. They’ve won six FA Cups and have been Champions of England three times including winning the Premier League.  

Totally agree. The ignorance that some fans have is embarrassing. Just because they can't remember it does not mean it didn't happen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

It doesn’t matter. Just know your football history. Blackburn are a founding member of the football league. They’ve won six FA Cups and have been Champions of England three times including winning the Premier League.  

I know every time we have cracked out the songs this year, I'm sorry one of you doesn't know your football history.

At Villa, 30 years and you've won F All, sorry lads won the league cup in 94 & 96.

Who looks more stupid???

You'd think we were a lower level Prem side who's fans are grasping at straws.....

Think we might have said 30 years or 70 years to Newcastle on Boxing Day, Sorry lads they won the Fairs Cup (now the Europa League in 69), so 53.

Hey ho.....

3 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I knew this....thought it was odd when we sang it back to them...

Some of our fans couldn’t pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

I’d say fact checking isn’t exactly their forte. 

In the years after winning the league they sang “champions of England, you’ll never sing that” to about 5 teams that had actually been champions of England.

HOWEVER, it doesn’t really matter. At least they were making some noise. It’s about creating an atmosphere, and the KP is bad enough as it is.

Awful, like that "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" muck that gets trotted out against teams like Everton FFS.

Always found it weird how people don't pipe up with that chant when we play the likes of West Ham though.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, An Away Move said:

I agree, it doesn’t matter. I was genuinely curious about their history. Not sure getting a chant wrong really matters either though, to be fair. I think it’s nice that the fans try to stick up for Jamie.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

I agree, it doesn’t matter. I was genuinely curious about their history. Not sure getting a chant wrong really matters either though, to be fair. I think it’s nice that the fans try to stick up for Jamie.

They're one of only 2 provincial sides or non greedy 6 who have won the Premier League since it was founded in 1992. Can't remember the other one though, it was a few years back, 2016 or something. 

I assume you know this and are on the wind up though. 

5 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Mate, his wife is an embarrassment. I think I’d probably join in if he wasn’t playing for us, she’s disgraced their family by being pathetic….. and cost him a fair wedge in the process. Possibly one of the reasons he has dropped off so dramatically. 

As for the chant, it was stupid, Blackburn’s history surpasses our own, we’ve not won as much as them let alone Vardy..…  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Are we only allowed to sing songs that are verified as facts? We are going to need a fact checking overhaul on our songs. Anyone help out with the below?

Are we 100% by far the greatest team the world has ever seen?

If you smile, does the entire world actually smile with you aswell?

Has Vardy ever walked upto Venger and told him to chat shit get banged?

Does anyone actually live in the Kop? Is it purely blue and white even?

Did Vichai actually have a dream or was it purely a business decision?

Can I suggest the first fact checked song for us to crack on with “Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester Leicester.”

It was a shit song and there is no justifying it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

Football started in 1996

Actually 1992, but I agree with the sentiment.... Football did n't exist for the 100 years previously !!

It also grinds my gears that MOTD only refer to stats Premier League era e.g. Alan Shearer, you're not actually the top league's all time scorer.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Are we only allowed to sing songs that are verified as facts? We are going to need a fact checking overhaul on our songs. Anyone help out with the below?

Are we 100% by far the greatest team the world has ever seen?

If you smile, does the entire world actually smile with you aswell?

Has Vardy ever walked upto Venger and told him to chat shit get banged?

Does anyone actually live in the Kop? Is it purely blue and white even?

Did Vichai actually have a dream or was it purely a business decision?

Can I suggest the first fact checked song for us to crack on with “Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester Leicester.”

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a good wind-up, but stuff like that last night just makes us look thick.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, An Away Move said:

If you’re going to sing it then make sure it’s accurate otherwise it’s outright embarrassing!

I think it was said in half jest to Newcastle fans on Boxing Day when they were giving Vardy some stick about his missus - likewise Blackburn were doing so last night too - but as you say, a wee bit embarrassing to sing that to one of the founder members of the football league in the 1800s with their FA Cup wins (albeit v.historic by now!) - plus of course most notably their Premier League title win in 1995 under Jack Walker's wealthy ownership. I think their last trophy was more recent though, namely their league cup triumph in 2002 over Tottingham at the Millennial Stadium....

Edited by Guy

9 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I suppose “Jamie Vardy, he’s won more than you since World War I” doesn’t fit in the meter.

Do we have to be pedants about this?

There's being a pedant and then there's singing a chant that just makes us sound like we collectively know fvck all about football.

Let's have it straight, if someone was singing this kind of rubbish at us we'd think they were the thickest bunch of idiots going. Feels sometimes like 2016 turned a sizeable proportion of our fans into the kind of clueless morons we used to despise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2