Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

“Jamie Vardy has won more than you”

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

I agree about Blackburn, that was even Premier League era so they are clear.

Villa are amongst a clutch of clubs whom I am OK with because their fans are the most insecure about it and are therefore the most triggered by it. See also: Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Forest. 

This is a wind-up at a football match, not the House of Lords.

I'm a bit of a history freak so more ocd about it than most. I even get wound up when people say a famous event was before their time when covering for their ignorance. What next? not knowing when the Battle Of Hastings was

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I'm a bit of a history freak so more ocd about it than most. I even get wound up when people say a famous event was before their time when covering for their ignorance. What next? not knowing when the Battle Of Hastings was

Luckily you're safe there thanks to the sterling work of Hastings Direct Insurance.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

" have you seen The Godfather?" 

"no it came out before i was born"

what....

i've literally seen someone say something along these lines. some people are thick as pig shit.

Edited by Out Foxed
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Worst was when Leeds sang their ironic “We are the champions, champions of Europe” and the history boffs in L1 sang “champions of Europe, you weren’t even born”. 

lol people sang this in front of me at Elland Road last season.

Mind you, it is a stupid thing that Leeds fans do too.

I do agree that this song should only be sung to those clubs that have technically won fewer trophies than Jamie Vardy, but then I’m a pedant. Others could argue whether the issue of factual accuracy is a prerequisite of football chants. 

A few examples:

I think there would be quite a lot of evidence to refute the claim that we are “… by far the greatest team the world has ever seen”

It’s unlikely that Iwan Roberts actually did wear a hat and live in a council flat. 

And did the massed ranks of people standing on the terraces really establish, beyond all reasonable doubt, that Victoria Beckham indulged in sodomy with her then boyfriend (now her husband) David? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Death by Football said:

In fairness the chant is “you’ll never sing that” as in you will never sing that - future tense. So it’s a purely speculative chant on the likelihood of them winning the league in future and having the opportunity at that point to sing “champions of England”. 

If that's the case, no one can sing it.

47 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

In fairness the chant is “you’ll never sing that” as in you will never sing that - future tense. So it’s a purely speculative chant on the likelihood of them winning the league in future and having the opportunity at that point to sing “champions of England”. 

Oh, this old chestnut again. If a football chant requires an online annotation like that after it's been sung then it's clearly not quite the hilarious bit of "banter" anyone singing it thinks it is.

So it wouldn't be weird if Man United and Liverpool fans started singing it at each other on Sunday then?

1 hour ago, Death by Football said:

Man City are likely to win the Champions League at some point yet still get told they'll never sing it.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh, this old chestnut again. If a football chant requires an online annotation like that after it's been sung then it's clearly not quite the hilarious bit of "banter" anyone singing it thinks it is.

So it wouldn't be weird if Man United and Liverpool fans started singing it at each other on Sunday then?

My comment was made tongue in cheek.  I'm not sure anyone in their right mind considers it hilarious banter - it's just a chant - and it's better than our fans just sitting there while the away fans sing which seems to be the alternative at the moment.

• Like 2

Just now, Barrowblue said:

Hahaha...

Let's not sing anything until its been independently fact checked as 100% accurate. 

Tbh even if it is accurate, some FT gatekeeper will complain its being sang in the wrong key & 2bpm too fast. 

Sing inaccurate songs all you want - just not ones that make us look like complete fvcking divs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sing inaccurate songs all you want - just not ones that make us look like complete fvcking divs.

Thanks. 

What's a div ?

Edited because I've used the Google.

Fancy us looking like this ⬇️

The <div> tag defines a division or a section in an HTML document. The <div> tag is used as a container for HTML elements - which is then styled with CSS or manipulated with JavaScript. The <div> tag is easily styled by using the class or id attribute.

Edited by Barrowblue

10 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

Thanks. 

What's a div ?

Edited because I've used the Google.

Fancy us looking like this ⬇️

The <div> tag defines a division or a section in an HTML document. The <div> tag is used as a container for HTML elements - which is then styled with CSS or manipulated with JavaScript. The <div> tag is easily styled by using the class or id attribute.

Yeah, that's about the right level of wit for someone who thinks that chant's decent.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah, that's about the right level of wit for someone who thinks that chant's decent.

I never said it was a decent chant. 

Prior to getting pissy with someone, maybe ask yourself if they actually made the comment ?

Ya know, whilst we're being factually correct.

35 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

Hahaha...

Let's not sing anything until its been independently fact checked as 100% accurate. 

Tbh even if it is accurate, some FT gatekeeper will complain its being sang in the wrong key & 2bpm too fast. 

Might come under the heading know what you are talking/singing about. Just a thought

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:
44 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

Might come under the heading know what you are talking/singing about. Just a thought

If 20k fans want to sing a completely inaccurate song to wind up some opposition fans,  that's up to them. 

If they want to sing the song backwards, that's up to them.

If they don't want to sing anything, that's up to them. 

We live in democracy not a dictatorship. 

I'm just defending the right of the people to free speech. 

5 minutes ago, Barrowblue said:

If 20k fans want to sing a completely inaccurate song to wind up some opposition fans,  that's up to them. 

If they want to sing the song backwards, that's up to them.

If they don't want to sing anything, that's up to them. 

We live in democracy not a dictatorship. 

I'm just defending the right of the people to free speech. 

No argument there. I would prefer us to be be a knowledgeable crowd rather than appearing as simple