Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

“Jamie Vardy has won more than you”

Guest Fox99

It depends how you look at it, I suppose some would say it's not always meant as a serious chant. We've got history with stuff like this though (i.e Champions of England you'll never sing that), just needs to be more selective.

2 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

It depends how you look at it, I suppose some would say it's not always meant as a serious chant. We've got history with stuff like this though (i.e Champions of England you'll never sing that), just needs to be more selective.

Aye half the time I think people are just taking the piss to wind up those that get wound up by it (our own fans most of the time)

Just now, Voll Blau said:

There's being a pedant and then there's singing a chant that just makes us sound like we collectively know fvck all about football.

Let's have it straight, if someone was singing this kind of rubbish at us we'd think they were the thickest bunch of idiots going. Feels sometimes like 2016 turned a sizeable proportion of our fans into the kind of clueless morons we used to despise.

I’m sure you have a better finger on the pulse than me but it feels like we’re reading too much into this (and I doubt Rovers fans are caring too much, either).

I have this more on the same wavelength as the way our fans are dismissive of Forest fans singing about a European Cup won before they were born, and just some back and forth banter to back Vardy.

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Stick the "have you ever seen spurs win the league?" Chant in as well. 

Sometimes we look so stupid as fans.

I've heard Man United fans sing that before, though. A bit more understandable given how long ago it was.

Let's be honest, this chant is a dig at teams not winning the title and it sounded ridiculous last night.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Are we only allowed to sing songs that are verified as facts? We are going to need a fact checking overhaul on our songs. Anyone help out with the below?

Are we 100% by far the greatest team the world has ever seen?

If you smile, does the entire world actually smile with you aswell?

Has Vardy ever walked upto Venger and told him to chat shit get banged?

Does anyone actually live in the Kop? Is it purely blue and white even?

Did Vichai actually have a dream or was it purely a business decision?

Can I suggest the first fact checked song for us to crack on with “Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester Leicester.”

Totally get your point but Jamie Vardy did actually say that to Arsene Wenger.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I’m sure you have a better finger on the pulse than me but it feels like we’re reading too much into this (and I doubt Rovers fans are caring too much, either).

I have this more on the same wavelength as the way our fans are dismissive of Forest fans singing about a European Cup won before they were born, and just some back and forth banter to back Vardy.

"Champions of Europe, you weren't even born". Yeah, fine. Back in your box, Forest. Taking the piss out of teams going a long time without a trophy is fairly par for the course, and exaggerating your own team's prowess is always going to form part of any fanbase's songbook.

Stuff like last night is just so, so weird though. There's no chance we wouldn't think another fanbase was strange if they started singing "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" at us in the next 30 years, say. Or if any other fanbase sang that at Everton, Burnley etc in the way ours have.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Unfortunately for Vardy his wife is a grass .

And I do think that is a small part of his decline. Previously, he has always railed so hard when oppo fans taunt him - as he had a point to prove. With a court judgement against his partner, maybe that defiance and fight is diminished, somewhat?  That and the fact he’s just getting old 😞

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

"Champions of Europe, you weren't even born". Yeah, fine. Back in your box, Forest. Taking the piss out of teams going a long time without a trophy is fairly par for the course, and exaggerating your own team's prowess is always going to form part of any fanbase's songbook.

Stuff like last night is just so, so weird though. There's no chance we wouldn't think another fanbase was strange if they started singing "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" at us in the next 30 years, say. Or if any other fanbase sang that at Everton, Burnley etc in the way ours have.

I can see where you’re coming from there. 👍

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

And I do think that is a small part of his decline. Previously, he has always railed so hard when oppo fans taunt him - as he had a point to prove. With a court judgement against his partner, maybe that defiance and fight is diminished, somewhat?  That and the fact he’s just getting old 😞

Definitely true. There was a time when opposition fans knew not to piss Vardy off, because he played better. Now, after the court case, he just puts his head down with no obvious reaction in his game. Looks defeated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Are we only allowed to sing songs that are verified as facts? We are going to need a fact checking overhaul on our songs. Anyone help out with the below?

Can I suggest the first fact checked song for us to crack on with “Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester Leicester.”

Most Karen response I've seen today and I'm at work 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Let's have it straight, if someone was singing this kind of rubbish at us we'd think they were the thickest bunch of idiots going. Feels sometimes like 2016 turned a sizeable proportion of our fans into the kind of clueless morons we used to despise.

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Stick the "have you ever seen spurs win the league?" Chant in as well. 

Sometimes we look so stupid as fans.

I'm convinced that our fanbase is degenerating and devolving with alarming rapidity that only Pompey rival us in the knuckle dragging neanderthal stakes. 

2 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

These chants are completely different in context, singing “Jamie Vardy has won more than you” to a team that has won more FA cups than us and a premier league, is just plain stupid. Would you sing it to Man United? Or is this all part of this cancel culture and forgetting the past ever happened rubbish? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

These chants are completely different in context, singing “Jamie Vardy has won more than you” to a team that has won more FA cups than us and a premier league, is just plain stupid. Would you sing it to Man United? Or is this all part of this cancel culture and forgetting the past ever happened rubbish? 

Makes me wonder if some of the fans know about our own history before their memory. 

Sorry but it's perfectly valid to sing Champions of England you'll never sing that at fans of a club that won the All-England Gentleman's Invitational back in the 1890s.

If nobody in the ground can reasonably have been expected to have been there to experience it, then it doesn't count now. I remember people getting pissy about it being sang against West Brom - who have won one title, in 1920 lol behave 

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Sorry but it's perfectly valid to sing Champions of England you'll never sing that at fans of a club that won the All-England Gentleman's Invitational back in the 1890s.

If nobody in the ground can reasonably have been expected to have been there to experience it, then it doesn't count now. I remember people getting pissy about it being sang against West Brom - who have won one title, in 1920 lol behave 

This was not the case with the likes of Blackburn though or Villa. Anyway I don't accept your premise that it don't count.

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

This was not the case with the likes of Blackburn though or Villa. Anyway I don't accept your premise that it don't count.

I agree about Blackburn, that was even Premier League era so they are clear.

Villa are amongst a clutch of clubs whom I am OK with because their fans are the most insecure about it and are therefore the most triggered by it. See also: Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Forest. 

This is a wind-up at a football match, not the House of Lords.