Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Time out ….Thanks to Foxes talk..

All the best @fuchsntf, a truly lovely post that made me reflect.

I come in and out of this place a lot. I joined a hell of a long time ago, but having a network of Foxes fans when you don’t have them locally gives me a hell of a lot more happiness than just a message board. It’s nice to be connected to home in some way. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

@fuchsntf 

I've always viewed you as a whimsical poet with his tongue in his cheek but something to say. Maybe it was because your tongue was in your cheek that I sometimes (and only sometimes :thumbup:) struggled to understand  what you had to say. :whistle:

Many of the calumnious accusations that you lack clarity stem from laziness on the part of your readership.....many, though not all. ;) Sometimes comprehension requires effort and flexible thinking....and with your contributions, it is often worth the effort.

I'm sorry to hear that you're bedbound and having a tough time, though I know you'd already posted about your terminal diagnosis.

It's good to think of football and FT jabber providing a stimulating diversion from your real-life tribulations.

I'm sure your mind is able to travel from your bed, even if your body currently isn't. I hope you get some joy and stimulation from thoughts of adventures past, places visited, people known and met, family joys - and from the bonkers banter on this forum.

I hope the forum remains a positive diversion for you and that you feel inclined to offer your crystal-clear words of wisdom when able......and let's hope those fvckers in blue give us all an upbeat end to the season and some hope for the summer reshuffle.

Take care.

Thanks Alf, missed you lately I hope you are still sailing well into the breeze.

Took heavy interest in you jumping on a boat & taking on the trials & tribulations.

Still one of the first posters ,I enjoy following whatever the topic..

Though now over the years, it’s great to see, & experience some others have opened their wings…Mind you it doesn’t make us any better than ‚stay at homes‘ who also gather other life‘s experiences..There are many, who emotionally,mentally,Grotten-financially,just can’t get beyond their distant doors.but can put in a valid opinion over the FT waves. Human stories are to be found everywhere & they are all worth a pause and a listen..

Funny thing is this my topic…

has got nearly the same attention as some crazy Polls :rolleyes:

Ps..on the way I write is deliberate,maybe for the reasons you mention…

Some just have to understand the history of English rules…there isn’t any.

Its one of the most flexible inundating language…Comprehension a puzzle to be solve,and many actually are successfull, because more today the original English speaker in the UK,including 2nd-3rd generation English ,have to patiently listen to

all new foreign interpretations & presentations of anything that one learnt at school.

One goes into an high school class,of high middle class pupils,then go to any basic

compehensive School…English takes on a different flow..& comprehension.

Rarely happens in another western Language..

I have to admit though, if I am on any rant,my medis ( over last 8+ yrs) can sort

of pull me off tangent..2-3 days after any particular post,I just might think ,my twinself can’t half write some sh#t. :crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

@fuchsntf.... To twist the cliché about the Germans having no sense of humour... Sometimes one must remember to have a sense of humour when reading your amazing output. 

All the very best to you and yours, always. 

What,how dare you have a sense of humour !!

Besides New Parks wit is quicker on the pick up,than any

German Hamburg,Reepbahn,Köln, chucklies..

My posts are equal to the classics of Shakespeare , Sophocles,Europhides,

touching on Socrates & my favourite Thales.

There is nothing more serious than that last humerous ,belly-aching,whimsical laugh ..lol

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

On 24/04/2023 at 16:36, fuchsntf said:

It is what it is..

Ain't that the truth.

On 24/04/2023 at 16:36, fuchsntf said:

My Wife is bond that holds me together

Yeah, wives are the best. Way better than we deserve.

Good luck mate,

and

Up the City!

Come on you blue boys!

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’m fighting cancer too my friend, but kinda losing to it so I genuinely empathise. I was 48 when diagnosed (prostate).

I didn't know that and very sorry to hear it. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Some years on here abusing each other, But don't worry mate it won't stop yet.

It is rare that you open a post and it makes you put everything to one side and struggle with what to say knowing that you want to say something. After mulling it over I am still none the wiser except to say I have always enjoyed your posts and find them always entertaining and worth consideration. One of the iconic posters on here I most actively seek out and read twice as you always have something entertaining and interesting to say. You spark engagement from so many and we thank you for that. Keep up the fight 🦊💙

I want you think of other FTers also in such situations,often worse than mine..

@Col city fan took me back somewhat…He is one person who rekindled my fox interest. Maybe his driving around Skeggy on wet afternoons did it..:teehee:

My thoughts are also with him..

Though 2004 was my first dabbling,I drifted & dropped away..but many FT Veterans, gave the forum spirit & body..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

One of the iconic posters on here I most actively seek out and read twice as you always have something entertaining and interesting to say.

Ha! I have to read most of his posts more than twice just to work out whether or not they make sense (sometimes they do, almost...)!

On 24/04/2023 at 18:34, Col city fan said:

Bless you mate. Sometimes the forum members don’t know what’s going on with each other and confrontation can come across as hostile when it’s not really meant to. 

I’m fighting cancer too my friend, but kinda losing to it so I genuinely empathise. I was 48 when diagnosed (prostate).

As long as the forum is a place where you feel safe to discuss, rant, laff.. and everything else that goes with it, it serves a purpose. 

Keep fighting. That’s the only thing you can do and try to surround yourself with good people who understand you and who can help you.

If you ever need to talk, PM me. 

Missed this previously and only just spotted now. Absolute best wishes to you, fella. ❤️

• Like 1

@fuchsntfvery sad and touching to read your story. And a reminder that everyone on here behind their username and posting habits is human. I wish you all the best and sending prayers your way.

I've always thought of you as being like a grizzled retired sea captain whose seen a lot of things in his life and done a lot of stuff and wouldn't recommend half of it!

Hope to keep on seeing your bizarre rambling posts on here, one of the absolute characters and pleasures of Foxes talk. 

@Col city fanprayers going out to you too, buddy, another cornerstone of foxestalk and wish you all the best in your own battle.

**** Cancer. 

• Like 2

On 24/04/2023 at 18:34, Col city fan said:

Bless you mate. Sometimes the forum members don’t know what’s going on with each other and confrontation can come across as hostile when it’s not really meant to. 

As long as the forum is a place where you feel safe to discuss, rant, laff.. and everything else that goes with it, it serves a purpose. 

Keep fighting. That’s the only thing you can do and try to surround yourself with good people who understand you and who can help you.

If you ever need to talk, PM me. 

Sorry @Col city fanonly just seen this- keep fighting as-well my friend 🙏

• Like 1