Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Time out ….Thanks to Foxes talk..

39 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Col, I truly hope things turn around for you. You’re an icon on here (whether you like it or not!). And it says a lot about you that your first thought is to offer your time even as you’re going through your own battle. 

Btw, your recent Cattermole post on the DM issues thread genuinely made me bust out laughing. 

Cheers buddy…
Glad I made you laff! Believe it or not, the Clattermole stuff dates back to 2015! And I’m still suffering it now!!

😂

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Jeez. 

You've been very VERY much a part of FT.

I have said in the past, that I struggled to understand some of your posts because of the way they were written. But, once I could pick apart the grammar and the nuance, I got the jist. And then I made sense of what you'd posted. Always on the money, inciteful and clever.

You've been well travelled, have a lot of experience of this world and I admire you.

Safe journey. I mean that. 

Once one learns hard to pick out the nuance,one then understands the gist..

Grammar was the one who married my grandad and with street talk & changes every few years,what is now the correct medicine for 1800s..1920..1940 big jump

1950s bigger jump 1965, to present grammar twists…

I just help it along and ruin the pretence of grandeur..

Keep on fighting as long as you can, brother.

Your posts always bring a smile to my face, even if they are a bit word-soup at times. I can forgive that, not least having made a few of my own over the years after a few post-match pints. lol:beer:

We love you, and this place would be a lot duller without you. :worship:

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Awwww @fuchsntf ....kinda a heartwarming post, albeit for sad reasons.

From memory, you're in Switzerland? Or South Germany? I hope your bed in the 'Wohnzimmer' has a lovely view and that lovely clean, fresh air blowing thro x

Middle Germany…with BVB football & South Blackforest spiritual connections.

My middle daughter is in Switzerland…take a look at Swiss.paws..:)

>meine enkelhunde<  with daughter as influencer..

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Cheers buddy…
Glad I made you laff! Believe it or not, the Clattermole stuff dates back to 2015! And I’m still suffering it now!!

😂

Yep! I remember those days, that’s what made it such a perfect reply 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Echo a lot of posts so far - very sobering and puts everything into perspective. In my offline non FT life I have been involved in palliative care research, and although I won’t dare to say I know what you’re going through I have been in that world.

Keep fighting and I hope the lads deliver results for you however long you have left. Foxes never quit as they say! All the best.

You have your own style of posts, which sometimes I struggle to follow, but I enjoy them all nonetheless, because they are often filled with positivity and optimism that many of us sometimes lose. I wish you all the best, and hope to see many more new posts from you! 

• Like 1

@fuchsntf 

I've always viewed you as a whimsical poet with his tongue in his cheek but something to say. Maybe it was because your tongue was in your cheek that I sometimes (and only sometimes :thumbup:) struggled to understand  what you had to say. :whistle:

Many of the calumnious accusations that you lack clarity stem from laziness on the part of your readership.....many, though not all. ;) Sometimes comprehension requires effort and flexible thinking....and with your contributions, it is often worth the effort.

I'm sorry to hear that you're bedbound and having a tough time, though I know you'd already posted about your terminal diagnosis.

It's good to think of football and FT jabber providing a stimulating diversion from your real-life tribulations.

I'm sure your mind is able to travel from your bed, even if your body currently isn't. I hope you get some joy and stimulation from thoughts of adventures past, places visited, people known and met, family joys - and from the bonkers banter on this forum.

I hope the forum remains a positive diversion for you and that you feel inclined to offer your crystal-clear words of wisdom when able......and let's hope those fvckers in blue give us all an upbeat end to the season and some hope for the summer reshuffle.

Take care.

• Like 3

And ... a bit of perspective. 

We bitch, blow hot and cold, agree, disagree, frustrate and laugh on here together,  just like a family and yet our loyalties in football are the same. 

Even if we don't always agree with each other it doesn't matter, that's what it's always about. I,  like you, never take things personally except something like this because it genuinely saddens that you are so ill. You keep going, it wouldn't be the same without you. It's very odd really, most people on here have never met each other yet we strangely know each other in a different sort of way. Stick in, Foxes Never Quit!

• Like 1

Wonderful post. Think it could almost be used as part of a rousing half time talk - might give the players a real sense of what being a fan of the club means. If it’s deemed too incomprehensible for them then half time in the match thread would be a sobering alternative.

You’re the only poster I immediately recognise from your style. Keep going my friend.