Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

5 minutes ago, sishades said:

No but it shows how little he cared last year.

I think he did actually care about Leicester. 
But he realised how shit we’d become as a club and a team. 
He’s much better off where he is now 

• Like 2

20 cameras in the Stadium, sky-cam overhead and lord knows how many other high tech gadgets and they still don't capture the best shot of the day -  scenes in the away end as the backdrop to the Villla goalscorer running towards them. But then I doubt if the match director, or whatever he's called, has ever been in an away end. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’m going to put the kids to bed early tonight, close the curtains, open a bottle of decent red and watch Arsenal Fan TV all evening. 

Vengar out

Oh wait...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Heard Walcott on the radio the other week basically saying Arsenal threw away the title that season - after all, they were just a mere 10 points behind us at the end. Idiot. 

You know every team threw it away we never won it, it is because the others were useless 

why does this garbage still do the rounds. How can they still believe Leicester didn’t win the title fair and square?

it’s like the MAGA crowd here still  refusing to believe Trump lost the last election. Sheez!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think he did actually care about Leicester. 
But he realised how shit we’d become as a club and a team. 
He’s much better off where he is now 

Absolutely, another victim of the Rodgers malaise 

6 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Absolutely, another victim of the Rodgers malaise 

Tielemans was unfit and not putting in effort, he has put in the effort to get fit and now playing well at villa and showing the form he did for the first 18 months we had him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Tielemans was unfit and not putting in effort, he has put in the effort to get fit and now playing well at villa and showing the form he did for the first 18 months we had him.

Don't let Rodgers off the hook mate, our decline was entirely down to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langston said:

Does @Chocolate Teapot still insist Rodgers is better than Emery? 

Emery has done well this season but are you forgetting Rodgers went to Man City and Arsenal in the same season and beating them? Probably.

Rodgers might be garbage now, but people forget what he actually achieved here, whilst they ogle at other teams. It's amazing what happens when a club is properly ambitious and well run like Villa. And where's Brendan... about to win the Scottish league again.

Rodgers called out how badly run we are, and people still can't see it.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Emery has done well this season but are you forgetting Rodgers went to Man City and Arsenal in the same season and beating them? Probably.

Rodgers might be garbage now, but people forget what he actually achieved here, whilst they ogle at other teams. It's amazing what happens when a club is properly ambitious and well run like Villa. And where's Brendan... about to win the Scottish league again.

Rodgers called out how badly run we are, and people still can't see it.

I would simply admit you called this incorrectly tbh!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Langston said:

I would simply admit you called this incorrectly tbh!

If villa finish 5th this year and win a trophy that'll be lauded as a massive success. Rodgers did that with us, I may have underestimated Emery but he's yet to achieve anything better than this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If villa finish 5th this year and win a trophy that'll be lauded as a massive success. Rodgers did that with us, I may have underestimated Emery but he's yet to achieve anything better than this.

They're the same age – stick their achievements side by side and look at their current trajectories. There's no argument as to who's more accomplished.

Are we really arguing if Emery is a better manager than BR? I'm not even going to mention career achievements, he's just 10 classes above BR in football management. BR "managed/achieved" to drop a top 3 team (3rd best imo in the PL for 2 seasons) outside of top 4. BR relegated a team of 3-4 Belgium national team internationals. BR was playing a GK all season who would miss to touch an elephant thrown to him.