Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

I'd have a lot more respect for managers if they called out this shit when it went for them as well. I've not even seen what's happened today but if Forest have a point, I've seen Dyche moan more than enough over the years about shit refereeing. I assume he's kept his mouth shut, or even conveniently insisted every decision was correct. I guess it's seen as defending your club/players but a bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss once in a while. If players are too precious to hear their manager not back them up despite them blatantly committing a foul then we are at a sad place 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

A press conference to say the reason you didn't give a penalty was because you didn't think there was contact. What's the point in that? It's obvious 99% of the time why a ref made the decision he did, even if sometimes it's bewildering to understand how he saw it that way. 

If relegation to a lower league isn't enough for you then you can only be rooting for suspensions, or worse, being sacked. The moment you do that on a regular basis you are hurting grass roots football who simply have nobody to take charge of the game because we've ran out of referees. Think again 

But maybe if they actually give valid reasons for their decision and a explanation of what they see, it might help gain some understanding.  

The whole thing needs serious change. Its one thing there being mistakes being made on the field which is more understandable but when the same mistakes are being made on VAR or back up, something is wrong. 

I'm not sure the absolute disconnect between referees and plsyers/uns is helping at any level. Basically you are giving PGMOL to be a shit as they want, with no consequences, they just go 'oh sorry' give Anthony Taylor (who's been shit for years) a week off and he's back refereeing another important fixture in a few weeks. These errors have HUGE implications for clubs costing hundreds of millions, something needs to be done. 

24 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

I'd have a lot more respect for managers if they called out this shit when it went for them as well. I've not even seen what's happened today but if Forest have a point, I've seen Dyche moan more than enough over the years about shit refereeing. I assume he's kept his mouth shut, or even conveniently insisted every decision was correct. I guess it's seen as defending your club/players but a bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss once in a while. If players are too precious to hear their manager not back them up despite them blatantly committing a foul then we are at a sad place 

He’ll probably just say well we have had bad decisions too .

17 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

But maybe if they actually give valid reasons for their decision and a explanation of what they see, it might help gain some understanding.  

The whole thing needs serious change. Its one thing there being mistakes being made on the field which is more understandable but when the same mistakes are being made on VAR or back up, something is wrong. 

I'm not sure the absolute disconnect between referees and plsyers/uns is helping at any level. Basically you are giving PGMOL to be a shit as they want, with no consequences, they just go 'oh sorry' give Anthony Taylor (who's been shit for years) a week off and he's back refereeing another important fixture in a few weeks. These errors have HUGE implications for clubs costing hundreds of millions, something needs to be done. 

So really VAR isn’t the perfect system people expected then

They  made  subjective decisions based on what see beforehand which people didn’t like and now we have more doing the same  putting pressure on the original official which has probably made things worse ..

Should just be used for factual decisions and they ought to have used automated offside from the start to prevent delays .

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He’ll probably just say well we have had bad decisions too .

So really VAR isn’t the perfect system people expected then

They  made  subjective decisions based on what see beforehand which people didn’t like and now we have more doing the same  putting pressure on the original official which has probably made things worse ..

Should just be used for factual decisions and they ought to have used automated offside from the start to prevent delays .

100% they need to change the implementation of VAR. Maybe allow managers/captains so many TV reviews by the onfield ref and Stockley Park. The Enfield ref should be able to check big decisions on the monitor if they wish. This whole clear and obvious thing is a complete nonsense, its as subjective as the original decision. I get the impression PGMOL is protecting shit decisions by just passing it off as not clear and obvious. As it stands VAR is ruining the game more than its adding. I think automated stuff is fair enough but anything with a human making a decision on perception is difficult, especially when the VAR refs tend to back their mates. 

24 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

100% they need to change the implementation of VAR. Maybe allow managers/captains so many TV reviews by the onfield ref and Stockley Park. The Enfield ref should be able to check big decisions on the monitor if they wish. This whole clear and obvious thing is a complete nonsense, its as subjective as the original decision. I get the impression PGMOL is protecting shit decisions by just passing it off as not clear and obvious. As it stands VAR is ruining the game more than its adding. I think automated stuff is fair enough but anything with a human making a decision on perception is difficult, especially when the VAR refs tend to back their mates. 

Reviews wouldn’t mean you get the “right decisions “ unless used for factual incidents as the ref might still go against them which won’t go down well .

In cricket and rugby the final decisions are accepted - unfortunately don’t think they would be in football .

Mind you Forest were hard done by and I do think they have to be careful on who officiates the games.

Edited by Super_horns

21 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Reviews wouldn’t mean you get the “right decisions “ unless used for factual incidents as the ref might still go against them which won’t go down well .

In cricket and rugby the final decisions are accepted - unfortunately don’t think they would be in football .

Mind you Forest were hard done by and I do think they have to be careful on who officiates the games.

I think you have to accept the final decision, I'd just find it a lot better if the original ref checks his decision not another group, who then advise him to check. Either way the current system ain't working. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

The first one is definitely a penalty. Kicks through the back of their player. 

The 2nd one is a handball when you compare it to what Wan-Bissaka gave away. They're literally identical. 

3rd one is not so much. 

But the statement is still funny as fvck lol lol. Proper embarrassing from Forest. Karma is a bitch after the good fortune they received to actually get into the PL. Short memories sometimes... 

and I think the third one is the only one I’d consider a clear error

so between us we don’t agree 

so that sits behind the var not intervening at all 

too many fans think var is re refereeing the incident - yeah, on the balance of probabilities all three could be pens. But that’s not what var is for 

HOWEVER, to counter what I’ve just written, var has got involved in other calls which I’d consider less obvious than these three. So var is inconsistent.  Hence it’s pretty much unfit for purpose

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

and I think the third one is the only one I’d consider a clear error

so between us we don’t agree 

so that sits behind the var not intervening at all 

too many fans think var is re refereeing the incident - yeah, on the balance of probabilities all three could be pens. But that’s not what var is for 

HOWEVER, to counter what I’ve just written, var has got involved in other calls which I’d consider less obvious than these three. So var is inconsistent.  Hence it’s pretty much unfit for purpose

Yes but you're wrong and I'm right. 

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

The co-commentator summed it up pretty well.

The first was a penalty because the defender made contact with the forward.  (Though making contact with the forward isn't an offence under the laws.)

The second was a penalty because he moved his arms towards the ball after it was kicked.  (Human reflexes aren't able to do this.  Not fast enough.)

The third was a penalty because the defender didn't get the ball.  (Again, failing to get the ball is not an offence under the laws.)

And strangely enough, a little while later Young went down after a mild puch in the back, and Neville (if it was him) said that Young shouldn't have had a free kick because he exaggerated the contact?  What happened to "there was contact so it was a foul"?  I don't know if his mindset was that the ref must always be wrong or that Young deserves nothing, but as punditry, it was abysmal.

6 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I get what you're saying, but this sums it up well for me. I'm taking the fact it's Forest out of the equation:

yeah I think they’ve got a fair point both Attwell (VAR) and stroud (4th official) aren’t allowed to ref Luton… they complained and it was ignored. 

The statement shouldn’t have been so whiny about decisions and just focused on that…. but i can get why they’re fuming.

Ironically i’m fairly certain there was corruption to get them promoted to begin with, as ‘huddersfield are bad for the brand’ 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

yeah I think they’ve got a fair point both Attwell (VAR) and stroud (4th official) aren’t allowed to ref Luton… they complained and it was ignored. 

The statement shouldn’t have been so whiny about decisions and just focused on that…. but i can get why they’re fuming.

Ironically i’m fairly certain there was corruption to get them promoted to begin with, as ‘huddersfield are bad for the brand’ 

Yeah, nothing or nobody will convince me that there was nothing dodgy about Jonathan Moss's appalling performance on the day he retired while officiating a massive game involving a club owned by a man with a long history of match-fixing and corruption allegations. 

• Like 4

We all.know they will stay up by the skin of their teeth and their fans will  create another stupid staying up chant and I will be sent it by every d!ckhead forest fan I unfortunately know

Edited by Trent Steel

It’s Attwell for goodness sake, why think it’s a mad conspiracy theory when the bloke can’t get the most obvious decisions correct week after week? 

I think going after officials ability is fair game, but accusing them of cheating is low and pathetic. Forest should have the book thrown at them.

• Like 1

They'll get a decision their wat next week and whoever they are playing will be up in arms saying it's because of this statement.

Yes Forest got hard done by but part of this is to put pressure on the officials like Man U and the like used to do.

Edited by Super_horns

17 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf the officials as a whole have been terrible this season; from prem to league 2

obvious mistakes are happening far far to often and its even worse in the prem with VAR when these mistakes shouldnt happen

all teams get is a meaningless apology for mistakes that can cost millions

Only the big sides get an apology. 

• Like 1