Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

13 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Unai Emery extends Villa contract. Certain parallels with Leicester/Rodgers going on there. Let's hope it all ends in the same way!

To think of where they were under Gerard, and how a good appointment can turn things around.

Unai is smart. He would only have signed that if he was comfortable they were going to be ok under FFP/PSR over the next few years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

To think of where they were under Gerard, and how a good appointment can turn things around.

Unai is smart. He would only have signed that if he was comfortable they were going to be ok under FFP/PSR over the next few years. 

In any case I doubt Emery is as self-centred, self-obsessed and obnoxious as Rodgers was. He wouldn't take the club down with him once things start to go wrong

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just seen the Arsenal score. Wtf. 

Chelsea must be still knackered after the weekend. 

They actually missed some good chances at 1-0.

Maybe if Palmer was fit then one might have gone .

But Chelsea shouldn’t be collapsing like that in the 2nd half .

Some newspapers claim that Gary O'neill as been interviewed for Liverpool job. Id be very surprised Wolves would allow, not without a huge announcement of an approach by Liverpool. Though i doubt Wolves would let them anyway.

30 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Some newspapers claim that Gary O'neill as been interviewed for Liverpool job. Id be very surprised Wolves would allow, not without a huge announcement of an approach by Liverpool. Though i doubt Wolves would let them anyway.

I cannot imagine that is true one bit.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 13:07, CheeseHead said:

Unai Emery extends Villa contract. Certain parallels with Leicester/Rodgers going on there. Let's hope it all ends in the same way!

He is one of the best managers in Europe, absolute won't end like Rodgers did here. They aren't on the same level.

On 23/04/2024 at 13:22, Chelmofox said:

Funny really same players under Gerrard best he get out of them was 17th place. Unai goes in there and currently sit 4th and in a semi of conference league. Unai at Villa i think will go from strength to strength. Not saying they can win the league next year but i do think theyll more of a title challenge, especially if Liverpool struggle in the post klopp era.

As a coach i like Emery unlike the other managers he just gets on with it. Rarely moans about anything. Villa struck gold there. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I cannot imagine that is true one bit.

It's not. Obviously. 

• Like 1

Daniel Sturridge saying "we need to do this...we need to do that".

A pundit shouldn't be saying that. It's not Liverpool TV (although it may as well be).

Edited by Tielemans63