Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Premier League Thread 2023/2024

11 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Forest are going to end up with 3 seasons in the PL despite being awful for two years 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Still how long have Everton been awful, like Coventry in the past, just do enough to hang in 

That's what so annoying with the negligence of last season with us.

3 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Think we deserved the win, even though we weren’t great.  We got a bit lucky with your injuries, although let’s face it Neto is constantly injured isn’t he! 

Yes you deserved it overall, never really had to get out if second gear. We combated well but didn't have the personnel to punish anything. 

Yes Neto has struggled in recent seasons with his hammys. I'd still want £60m+ for him though. £80m if he had no injury issues. 

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

Singing "Sign On" to a Merseyside club- how is this still a thing?

****ing hell.

Especially given the hellscape that is Nottingham at the moment.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really can't understand Forest, they've bought so many player's spent quite abit, changed managers....but can't seem to dominate games and win constantly......why?

someone help me out!

Square pegs in round holes. Zero strategy unlike other teams who have come up and have a philosophy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Aint that a pen lol I honestly don’t know the interpretation of the law anymore 

Seeing the replays I thought VAR would be all over that, was surprised it wasn’t given 

Just now, Swarles Barkley said:

I thought it was a pen, but refs hate Forest. Not even a lengthy VAR check. lol Not intended, but Young blocked the cross with his hand, which should be a pen I think.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Really can't understand Forest, they've bought so many player's spent quite abit, changed managers....but can't seem to dominate games and win constantly......why?

someone help me out!

Like Lionator said there's no strategy at all there. It's an one man show, Marinakis and his shady deals with agents which are under investigation. 

If Forest loses today (big if because Everton is equally bad), it's going to be a final day game decider against Burnley. Forest have one winnable game though vs Sheff Utd. Luton have 2 winnable games on paper vs Everton and Fulham and an "easier" run in. 

Everton's 90% safe but again they're so bad we can't rule out a total collapse even with the games in hand. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

It's not a pen, should not be a pen by any rule. It's like 50cm close to the opponent and it's not even a shot at the goal. They have messed up the sport with these stupid rules re handball. It should be a pen only if the hand stops a clear goal opportunity. Bring back the rule as it was in the 80s and 90s, don't mess with fans and the sport. 

44 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

someone help me out!

Because the club and the fans still think it's 1979/1980 and they are a top 6 premier league club and should be classed as one

I'm pretty sure some of them still think Cloughie is alive and living in West Bridgford 

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Like 2