Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

But we won’t take advantage will we? 

How many times over the last few years have we heard;

”if we just win here we will be ahead”

””they won’t win every game”

The fact of the matter is, we never ever do what we’re supposed to. We lost to ****ing Bristol, that’s not a slip up, that’s a sign of a team in absolute free fall. 

We can get behind the team all we want, but the discord between the manager and the players is clear to see.

Under Enzo we won’t go up, in fact, we might not win another game…. He desperately needs to change things, and he’s said countless times that he won’t change it…….. he’s not got a clue what he’s doing, and he’s just trying to play the players back into form, it doesn’t work. 

The only chance we now have, is if Enzo sticks to his word and clears off, there’s no belief in his project, it’s suffocating us and we’ve nearly lost consciousness. 

Leeds lost to Huddersfield the other week and drew yesterday we can’t win every game neither will Leeds or Ipswich or Southampton 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I deal with patterns and evidence. And the evidence is the pattern we’re currently on isn’t changing. 

Okay, I'm not disagreeing that we're crap or anything by the way – just that every other day you seem to prophecise sides "not getting another point all season" or "not dropping another point all season" 

no point arguing its up to Enzo and players to change it

Yesterday proved that enzo is stubborn and its his way or the highway, like he said earlier in the season, he wont change it and if we are going to get 1st or 2nd then he needs to change it, which he wont do

12 minutes ago, Langston said:

Okay, I'm not disagreeing that we're crap or anything by the way – just that every other day you seem to prophecise sides "not getting another point all season" or "not dropping another point all season" 

Because I genuinely thought we would kick on after the international break, I thought we would see another run of 9 games won like we’ve done already this season….. but instead, I saw a lost, leaderless bunch of players with no belief in themselves or what they’re being asked to do. It’s extreme because the situation is extreme. 

What we are witnessing is the most spectacular collapse in modern football league history. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

Because I genuinely thought we would kick on after the international break, I thought we would see another run of 9 games won like we’ve done already this season….. but instead, I saw a lost, leaderless bunch of players with no belief in themselves or what they’re being asked to do. It’s extreme because the situation is extreme. 

What we are witnessing is the most spectacular collapse in modern football league history. 

Okay but what about the other 8 times? lol 

• Haha 1

We are shite, and I have no faith. 

Ipswich will deserve it if they finish above us, they've scored more than us for starters. But they are one of the jammiest teams I've ever seen. Their goal yesterday a keeper mistake. Jammy deflection Vs us at their place. I'm sure there have been others too 😂 I can't recall all 

We need a Norwich red card in the first minute or something on Monday 😂 we're not good and our finishing is wank but we really haven't had much luck this season with decisions/deflections whatever 

• Haha 3

It’s not that we won’t win again. It’s that we will not win enough. We’ll win max 3 maybe 4 games. WBA, Norwich and even Saints will come at us, they’ve got something to play for and I just can’t see it going in our favour. Millwall away, they’ll be attracted to our slow build up like fleas to shit - can we really deal with the pressure there ? Blackburn were very unlucky yesterday .

It won’t be that we can’t win again, we will. It will be we won’t be able to deal with the bigger/better coached teams who will educate us. 

The playoffs will be three games against better coached sides. 

We have a style (a plan A) which takes time to implement. However, we cannot go through season after season with no resolution/no idea of how to deal if that plan doesn’t work. Regardless of opposition (whether it be Chelsea away, with desperately slow cbs or Bristol at home), no thinking. 

We’ve seen this before and it’s the hope that kills you but this side with this management do not have it to get promoted. Whether that be autos or play offs. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Until it does. 

Statistics are inherently streaky just through pure randomness. You can go several in a row without losing, or go several in a row without winning. Losing 4 out of 6 doesn't mean you'll continue at that rate for the rest of the season. 

At this point it's just winning more than the others from here in. Form is ALWAYS temporary. 

and in them sodding 4 games we've had enough guilt edge chances to get something out of them too

what boils my piss with it tbh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

and in them sodding 4 games we've had enough guilt edge chances to get something out of them too

what boils my piss with it tbh

But didn’t take them, Bristol also had chances yesterday and a couple of pen shouts, one of which I thought was a foul. It’s all well and good ignoring the plainly obvious to spin a positive narrative on it, but our defence is extremely frail and with our game management especially when leading nobody can surely think that our form is going to turn on its head and we’ll win 6/7 of the last 8, which is what we’ll need realistically to guarantee promotion. Enzo has shown that he is either too stubborn to change things or he doesn’t know how, and I don’t know which is worse. The experienced managers regularly make in game changes and actually utilise their benches.

I have us down to win 4 more games, Birmingham, Plymouth, Blackburn and Preston. Which will see us into the play offs and at least played into a bit of form, but I just can’t see us beating obviously better coached teams in the play offs, I can’t even see us making the final 

45 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

But didn’t take them, Bristol also had chances yesterday and a couple of pen shouts, one of which I thought was a foul. It’s all well and good ignoring the plainly obvious to spin a positive narrative on it, but our defence is extremely frail and with our game management especially when leading nobody can surely think that our form is going to turn on its head and we’ll win 6/7 of the last 8, which is what we’ll need realistically to guarantee promotion. Enzo has shown that he is either too stubborn to change things or he doesn’t know how, and I don’t know which is worse. The experienced managers regularly make in game changes and actually utilise their benches.

I have us down to win 4 more games, Birmingham, Plymouth, Blackburn and Preston. Which will see us into the play offs and at least played into a bit of form, but I just can’t see us beating obviously better coached teams in the play offs, I can’t even see us making the final 

yeah we didnt take them cos Vardy couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo yesterday

guess we might as well end the world now then too, 

get on the phone to putin and nuke everyone, no positives left in this world

if we do go up; guess we should steamroll every single team every week?

thats not football, and anyone with an IQ over 50 would know that, only so much a manager/tactics/subs can do on a pitch

also i guess you thought Rodgers was doing a good job too

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah we didnt take them cos Vardy couldnt hit a barn door with a banjo yesterday

guess we might as well end the world now then too, 

get on the phone to putin and nuke everyone, no positives left in this world

if we do go up; guess we should steamroll every single team every week?

thats not football, and anyone with an IQ over 50 would know that, only so much a manager/tactics/subs can do on a pitch

also i guess you thought Rodgers was doing a good job too

****ing hell put your toys back in your pram. Why are you so emotional, end the world? There aren’t many positives at Lcfc atm granted but I’m not sure we should start nuking the world because of it, besides I don’t have Putins number. 

Who’s even suggesting we should be steamrolling teams apart from yourself, nobody expects us to win every week but 4 pts from 18 against Middlesbrough, QPR, Leeds, Sunderland, Hull and Bristol City is shocking, a promotion hopeful gets 12-15 pts from that 6, I’d expect any manager in world football to get more than 4 pts. Anyone with an iq above 50 can see where this is going, there’s only so many things a manager can do in game granted, so why is it Enzo does none. And if anything when he does, he hinders us. He simply doesn’t have the experience or nous to change a game, and you’ll scoff at the likes of farke, cooper, warnock etc but they’d have got more results from those losses than Enzo would, it’s not like they could have got any less. 

Rodgers did do a good job for the first 2years of his tenure here don’t really know what you’re getting at, it clearly unraveled for him and he is the sort of manager that has a shelf life. Enzo has a lot of similarities to Brendan as well. No bottle and accountability (lack of) being just a couple. 

Also, are you Guillem Ballague

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

****ing hell put your toys back in your pram. Why are you so emotional, end the world? There aren’t many positives at Lcfc atm granted but I’m not sure we should start nuking the world because of it, besides I don’t have Putins number. 

Who’s even suggesting we should be steamrolling teams apart from yourself, nobody expects us to win every week but 4 pts from 18 against Middlesbrough, QPR, Leeds, Sunderland, Hull and Bristol City is shocking, a promotion hopeful gets 12-15 pts from that 6, I’d expect any manager in world football to get more than 4 pts. Anyone with an iq above 50 can see where this is going, there’s only so many things a manager can do in game granted, so why is it Enzo does none. And if anything when he does, he hinders us. He simply doesn’t have the experience or nous to change a game, and you’ll scoff at the likes of farke, cooper, warnock etc but they’d have got more results from those losses than Enzo would, it’s not like they could have got any less. 

Rodgers did do a good job for the first 2years of his tenure here don’t really know what you’re getting at, it clearly unraveled for him and he is the sort of manager that has a shelf life. Enzo has a lot of similarities to Brendan as well. No bottle and accountability (lack of) being just a couple. 

Shock horror if we win our game in hand then we have better results so I don't even understand this comment.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

youre the one whos forever negative, like every single time its negative ive never if ever seen you post something postive about us, and even you admitted youd be calling for enzo to go if we was in the premier league. 

well it certainly comes across that way about steamrolling teams and a manager can only do so much tbh

also in them 4 defeats we've had of late, we've had 18 clear chances in them; take them its a different story

so cant lay the blame all at Enzo's feet now can you, since is he on the pitch taking the shots? no he isnt, as I said, only so far you can get with tactics formations subs.....its on the players to do that, 

Edited by FrankieADZ

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Shock horror if we win our game in hand then we have better results so I don't even understand this comment.

If. 
We have 5 games between our game in hand, I doubt a win there would put us top but happy to be proven wrong if that’s the case

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Until it does. 

Statistics are inherently streaky just through pure randomness. You can go several in a row without losing, or go several in a row without winning. Losing 4 out of 6 doesn't mean you'll continue at that rate for the rest of the season. 

At this point it's just winning more than the others from here in. Form is ALWAYS temporary. 

Nail

Head

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

youre the one whos forever negative, like every single time its negative ive never if ever seen you post something postive about us, and even you admitted youd be calling for enzo to go if we was in the premier league. 

well it certainly comes across that way about steamrolling teams and a manager can only do so much tbh

also in them 4 defeats we've had of late, we've had 18 clear chances in them; take them its a different story

so cant lay the blame all at Enzo's feet now can you, since is he on the pitch taking the shots? no he isnt, as I said, only so far you can get with tactics formations subs.....its on the players to do that, 

You seem obsessed with this steamrolling thing, it’s not expecting a steamrolling to expect 3/4 wins against Bristol city, Middlesbrough, qpr and Sunderland when you have the highest wage bill the league has ever seen. I would call for Enzo to go it would be suicide not to, if he’s getting outthought and beaten by bang average championship managers then what will premier league ones do to him? His best mates perfect football philosophy simply will not work with our squad in that league next season, we need someone pragmatic. If we do go up I’d be wanting us to hire David Moyes who you’ll probably scoff at for being a bit of a dinosaur 

Yes I am negative a lot recently but that’s because it’s so negative at the club, look at how badly we’ve wilted its bordering embarrassing, not to mention what’s going on at board level. If we do bottle promotion the financial implications will be massive It’s seriously worrying.

We absolutely can put the blame at Enzos feet, the tactics he’s been employing clearly aren’t working yet what has he decided to do about it. He’s just scoffed and kept going on about how we’ve stuck to a philosophy, he has absolutely no idea how to turn this around and has shown no signs of wanting to. We must be the easiest team to play against atm, double up on our wingers and press Harry Winks in midfield job done. 

As I have said before I am seriously hoping to be proven wrong and that he can turn it around but he has given me no signs that he can or even knows how. Its all well and good having his philosophy but good managers switch it up when it’s not working rather than harping on about it like it makes any difference

14 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

You seem obsessed with this steamrolling thing, it’s not expecting a steamrolling to expect 3/4 wins against Bristol city, Middlesbrough, qpr and Sunderland when you have the highest wage bill the league has ever seen. I would call for Enzo to go it would be suicide not to, if he’s getting outthought and beaten by bang average championship managers then what will premier league ones do to him? His best mates perfect football philosophy simply will not work with our squad in that league next season, we need someone pragmatic. If we do go up I’d be wanting us to hire David Moyes who you’ll probably scoff at for being a bit of a dinosaur 

Yes I am negative a lot recently but that’s because it’s so negative at the club, look at how badly we’ve wilted its bordering embarrassing, not to mention what’s going on at board level. If we do bottle promotion the financial implications will be massive It’s seriously worrying.

We absolutely can put the blame at Enzos feet, the tactics he’s been employing clearly aren’t working yet what has he decided to do about it. He’s just scoffed and kept going on about how we’ve stuck to a philosophy, he has absolutely no idea how to turn this around and has shown no signs of wanting to. We must be the easiest team to play against atm, double up on our wingers and press Harry Winks in midfield job done. 

As I have said before I am seriously hoping to be proven wrong and that he can turn it around but he has given me no signs that he can or even knows how. Its all well and good having his philosophy but good managers switch it up when it’s not working rather than harping on about it like it makes any difference

im not at all, its the way some of our fans "expect" to win against these sides, its football ffs, if you expect something most the time it will blow up in your face; as for Moyes tbf hes a decent manager and doesnt get enough credit for what he does at times; yeah there is alot of negative stuff about the club but youve got to credit enzo for what hes done with the team to get some sort of organisation after the complete mess of the last couple of seasons under Rodgers, 

you keep saying its all Enzo's fault; its both the players and manager,

so its Enzo's fault vardy missed them 2 golden chances on Friday then yeah?, look at the whole picture cant be blaming one without the other; 

personally think some of our "fans" just love to bathe in the negativity; as I've said we could win every game etc and some would still moan about something

forever glass half empty

52 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

so its Enzo's fault vardy missed them 2 golden chances on Friday then yeah?, look at the whole picture cant be blaming one without the other

We also rode our luck in the first half and could’ve conceded 2 pens, so horses for courses with luck 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

We also rode our luck in the first half and could’ve conceded 2 pens, so horses for courses with luck 

we had a few chances first half too, 1 was/could(hamza one) but that other was nowhere near a penalty

but just blaming Enzo for the defeats isnt right to me, players bare the blame as well

• Like 3