Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Under Pearson you always felt you could win the game, even when behind… that I haven’t felt for a long time 

This is the thing. Since we won the league mentality wise we have got worse and worse. If we go 1-0 down now we are done. We struggle defending basic set pieces, we are no threat from set pieces. For large parts of the great escape season we were never totally out of games, we lost by fine margins in the end we changed the margins by hard work and determination, that's still a big part of football, this team doesnt have that, the Rodgersteam didnt, no grit, not able to get basics right. That's where the others will finish above us. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

He played Vardy as a winger. 

Vardy was purchased from Fleetwood Town where he played predominantly off the left as an attacking LW in a 4-3-3. 

He also played in a two up top and out wide occasionally for Halifax. 

9 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Ahh, but was that all him? 

Probably not, but he was head of the team.

Just like all managerial and back room staff are, a team.

Was Pearson willing to listen, take advice on board, was that management team flexible, make allowances, change things? Yes.

Can you say that about Puel? No

Rodgers? Certainly not. 

Enzo's? Not shown any signs of it yet.

Flexibility, adapting to situations, that's all I ask.

Not the insipid one size fits all and if that doesn't work do it better attitude.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

As much as it has sucked the last x amount of games, we are still in contention and until the season is over anything is possible.

Keep the faith and hope for the best. We can  dissect the season once we know where we will be playing next season.

Pains me to say it but leeds, Ipswich and perhaps southampton all done well this year so cant be snobby. One of us 3 is not going up and that will suck for the fans.

18 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So when he changed it up to keep us up with 7 wins from 9 he was tactically inept… okay 

The critical difference that season that shifted us from losing games by one goal to winning games by one goal was signing Robert Huth.

With defensive solidity we could attack with confidence.

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

The critical difference that season that shifted us from losing games by one goal to winning games by one goal was signing Robert Huth.

With defensive solidity we could attack with confidence.

I agree, and Pearson made the right call doing that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

As much as it has sucked the last x amount of games, we are still in contention and until the season is over anything is possible.

Keep the faith and hope for the best. We can  dissect the season once we know where we will be playing next season.

Pains me to say it but leeds, Ipswich and perhaps southampton all done well this year so cant be snobby. One of us 3 is not going up and that will suck for the fans.

Purely looking at the table we look likely to go up, but there is no denying our relegation level form and predictable tactics.

I will be pleased but surprised if we go up, astonished if we stay up.

25 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So what makes you think otherwise I’m lost here 

There has been a lot of talk about Cambiasso’s role and influence in the Great Escape season. 
I love Pearson but he could be very rigid and made baffling tactical decisions at times. Ranieri had the same team but had infinitely better tactical nous. The difference between them was night and day.  Pearson is rightly a legend, but it’s also true that our fans see him through rose tinted specs and have forgotten his limitations. 

16 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Purely looking at the table we look likely to go up, but there is no denying our relegation level form and predictable tactics.

I will be pleased but surprised if we go up, astonished if we stay up.

Of course that's how it feels but we can hope for a miracle return to form. Deep down, we all want that.

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Looking at todays goals, it just proves if you don't shoot you don't score. We're over playing the ball at times.

Especially when we've scored some absolute pearlers this season. Clearly got the ability, just don't try our luck enough!

• Like 3

It was in our hands last season and look what happened,its in our hands again and look what's happening,we are mentally  weak from the players to the management. We keep clearing out players and managers but nothing  changes ,gonna be a hard season next season .

• Like 1