Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

https://cityxtra.co.uk/4574/manchester-city-duo-break-silence-on-exit-talk-as-leicester-midfielder-moves-closer-to-etihad-switch/

Manchester City are leading the race to sign Leicester City midfielder, Tyresse Noubissie. The treble winners feel confident after the latest talks, while top clubs including Newcastle, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool highlighted him as a top player in his age group. (The Secret Sco

7 hours ago, Smooch85 said:

Seems like the only one out of the youth that’s taking the off season seriously. 
most have been getting smashed in Ibiza, while Armani has been bulking in the gym. Definitely the one to watch. 

Either that or he’s got no mates 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://cityxtra.co.uk/4574/manchester-city-duo-break-silence-on-exit-talk-as-leicester-midfielder-moves-closer-to-etihad-switch/

Manchester City are leading the race to sign Leicester City midfielder, Tyresse Noubissie. The treble winners feel confident after the latest talks, while top clubs including Newcastle, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool highlighted him as a top player in his age group. (The Secret Sco

We need to get up within 1-2 seasons to keep our best youngsters and Category 1 status. 

Trey Nyoni is another I think other clubs will trying to be poach, he’s played for England age group. Does anyone know whether the club have secured  his future? 

Edited by lcfc043

1 hour ago, davieG said:

This would be a shame to lose him, I've heard he's very highly rated. I'm sure I read somewhere that Trey Nyoni might be off as well, really hope not.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This would be a shame to lose him, I've heard he's very highly rated. I'm sure I read somewhere that Trey Nyoni might be off as well, really hope not.

I’ll never understand the desire for these kids to jump to an elite club at such a young age… they’ll inevitably get lost in the system after having about 100 loans! Surely being at a club like ours (no bias intended I’d say the same about any similar sized club) would be the best route for progression and to end up getting first team opportunities at their club

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Germany 

53 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Surely being at a club like ours (no bias intended I’d say the same about any similar sized club) would be the best route for progression and to end up getting first team opportunities at their club

It pains me to say it but our club being a shambles at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the youth jumps ship and I wouldn't blame them. I really hope Enzo can turn the whole youth system around, he's definitely got the know how so I'm watching very keenly to see who he appoints and what changes he makes. 

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

It pains me to say it but our club being a shambles at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the youth jumps ship and I wouldn't blame them. I really hope Enzo can turn the whole youth system around, he's definitely got the know how so I'm watching very keenly to see who he appoints and what changes he makes. 

He should be getting the whole academy (players and parents) into a big meeting and delivering his vision for the club. Again I wonder if there is a basis that seagrave will just bring em in and we don’t have to try that hard once they’re here. 

however, management isn’t a long term business and enzo really doesn’t have any motivation to be bothered about the U16 and below.  Would tell us a lot about him as a person if he does 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He should be getting the whole academy (players and parents) into a big meeting and delivering his vision for the club. Again I wonder if there is a basis that seagrave will just bring em in and we don’t have to try that hard once they’re here. 

however, management isn’t a long term business and enzo really doesn’t have any motivation to be bothered about the U16 and below.  Would tell us a lot about him as a person if he does 

Yes mate. You'd have hoped he'd have impressed in the interview process as he laid out his vision. I kind of got the feeling from his first few words he is going to be prioritising winning at all costs with whatever system suits the players and then slowly introducing his methods - let's face it, this is sensible and we all know what happens when we haven't got the ability to deliver a certain "way"!

The key will be in who he appoints for me, if anyone at all. 

On 17/06/2023 at 09:42, Foxxed said:

Jakub Stolarczyk (22)

Ben Nelson (19)

Nathan Opoku (20)

These should get minutes in the first team. 

One or more of McAteer, Madivadua and Maswanhise could receive some coaching from Maresca and staff to make the grade. McAteer looks to have made progress more but aside from good reports I don't know how much.

Not sure about Wormleighton. A lot is said about him but he's never stood out for me but then I've not watches as many games as I'd like.

I hope Rudkin has emphasised the need to work with these players, on top of Alves and Braybrooke when fit and injury free. They should be an essential part of the club for squad depth and finances.

Stolarczyk is never going to be in the first team - he has zero experience at this level, it would be a massive risk.

20 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

He’s an Under 17 player this coming season I think so he can move wherever he likes 

I though that there were fifa restrictions on u18 moving countries 

thinking  more deeply, I guess there are parts of the world where coaching facilities simply don’t meet the abilities of some players. But I would suggest that where this happens, fifa should make the wealthier European clubs engage with local teams to improve those facilities rather than relocating a 16 y o half way around the world 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

come on enzo give this bloke a real chance

If he can step up at this level he'll be a natural replacement for Barnes, but with a whole lot of stuff barnes can't do.

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

If he can step up at this level he'll be a natural replacement for Barnes, but with a whole lot of stuff barnes can't do.

...he is more a wide forward than an out and out winger!!!

Has the same tendency to dissappear from games, after starting well.

If we are using a 4-3-3 then he could be a consideration but playing wide in a 4-2-3-1 is not something I would expect him to shine at.

The complete mess that was the U21s has not prepared these players well.

It will be just as exciting watching the development of the academy as watching the evolution of our first team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I though that there were fifa restrictions on u18 moving countries 

thinking  more deeply, I guess there are parts of the world where coaching facilities simply don’t meet the abilities of some players. But I would suggest that where this happens, fifa should make the wealthier European clubs engage with local teams to improve those facilities rather than relocating a 16 y o half way around the world 

Not to my knowledge. A Watford youngster  has just moved to Utrecht in Holland. They target them before the professional contract stage

On 17/06/2023 at 08:42, Foxxed said:

Jakub Stolarczyk (22)

Ben Nelson (19)

Nathan Opoku (20)

These should get minutes in the first team. 

One or more of McAteer, Madivadua and Maswanhise could receive some coaching from Maresca and staff to make the grade. McAteer looks to have made progress more but aside from good reports I don't know how much.

Not sure about Wormleighton. A lot is said about him but he's never stood out for me but then I've not watches as many games as I'd like.

I hope Rudkin has emphasised the need to work with these players, on top of Alves and Braybrooke when fit and injury free. They should be an essential part of the club for squad depth and finances.

unless Stolarczyk jumps the queue to be number 1 get him out on loan keep Smithies to back up Iversen, Nelson is the interesting one only Souttar and Faes signed up as senior CBs so far next season, big chance for him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Could well be in the plans this year. Who knows. 

New managet.   Clean slate. 

Some slates you can never clean.