Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

5 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

If he can step up at this level he'll be a natural replacement for Barnes, but with a whole lot of stuff barnes can't do.

5 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Stolarczyk is never going to be in the first team - he has zero experience at this level, it would be a massive risk.

:wes:

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

One will never be first team because he doesnt have experience and one could be Barnes replacement, despite having no experience.

The logic isn't tracking haha

Well the logic is fine if you take them in the context they were made.  You've wildly misinterpreted both comments by failing to grasp the implied timescales.

The reference to Maswanhise was speculative - an observation regarding what he might offer 'IF he can step up' - not saying he will, or that it'll happen overnight, but simply that he has the potential to be a decent option as a left sided attacker...

The reference to Stolarcyzk was in response to a suggestion that he should 'get some minutes in the first team' this season  - which seems extremely unlikely given how important this season is and that he was playing in league 2 last year.   

Don't be so quick to jump on a post before you've absorbed it correctly.

8 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

If he can step up at this level he'll be a natural replacement for Barnes, but with a whole lot of stuff barnes can't do.

Crazy statement.

.natural replacement for Barnes who can do a whole lot of stuff more than Barnes can....

Setting the bar very high there for someone who's Hardly had a sniff at the team yet.

I hope you are right if you are we have a £100m player on our hands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Crazy statement.

.natural replacement for Barnes who can do a whole lot of stuff more than Barnes can....

Setting the bar very high there for someone who's Hardly had a sniff at the team yet.

I hope you are right if you are we have a £100m player on our hands. 

To be honest it was just a general sort of observation based on the highlight reel - i just saw that he scored some similar types of goals to barnes (opening the body and placing it beyond the keeper) whilst also being able to take on his man - obviously, right now, there's no comparison, but given their styles and their positioning, if, as i say, if he can make the step up, he would be a natural replacement.

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

To be honest it was just a general sort of observation based on the highlight reel - i just saw that he scored some similar types of goals to barnes (opening the body and placing it beyond the keeper) whilst also being able to take on his man - obviously, right now, there's no comparison, but given their styles and their positioning, if, as i say, if he can make the step up, he would be a natural replacement.

Who can do a whole lot more than Barnes? ... as I said...if your right we have a £100m player that you talk about. 

However I think we will be sadly disappointed 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Who can do a whole lot more than Barnes? ... as I said...if your right we have a £100m player that you talk about. 

However I think we will be sadly disappointed 

Whole lot? Ok, maybe not pages of extra skills, but as effective as barnes is, he's a bit of a one trick pony, certainly he's noticeably poor at taking on his man, which maswanhise certainly isn'.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Have a drifted into a parallel universe where maswanhise is being mentioned as a step up from Barnes ? 

Yeah it's called June on Foxestalk. Pretty mild really.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Have a drifted into a parallel universe where maswanhise is being mentioned as a step up from Barnes ? 

Wow - talk about chinese whispers! - go back and read the original comment and you'll find you're still very much in this universe ;)

Maswanhise not even getting a few minutes off the bench in the cup games against Stockport and Newport last season annoyed me no end

Especially with how well he was doing for the under 21s at the time as well

Hopefully Enzo at least gives him a chance in pre-season but if he isn’t going to be involved with the first team he needs to be a priority for getting out on loan

• Like 3

20 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Could well be in the plans this year. Who knows. 

New managet.   Clean slate. 

not if we intend of doing anything other than sitting deep and countering he's just not mobile enough

Merc

Promising Leicester City talents Wanya Marcal-Madivadua and Tawanda Maswanhise have signed contract extensions with the club – and will now look to make an impact with the first team.

The duo were two of City Under-21s’ leading performers last season, their qualities showing in spite of Ben Petty’s youngsters being relegated from Premier League 2’s top flight. Maswanhise, who operates out wide or up front, bagged eight goals to finish as top scorer, while Marcal-Madivadua, who plays in attacking midfield or on the wing, impressed enough to make the senior squad bench on five occasions under Brendan Rodgers and Dean Smith.

The two 20-year-olds will now look to make the step up and have an impact in the Championship in the new season. They should get opportunities in pre-season friendlies, having both featured in summer matches before.

The Premier League’s official retained list also showed that goalkeeper Arlo Doherty, who made three appearances for the Under-21s in the season just gone, has also signed a new deal. Midfielder Zach Booth and left-back Jahmari Lindsay have received contract offers.

• Like 3